2011 NEW YORK GIANTS SEASON: SUPERBOWL (Draft RB David Wilson, WR Rueben Randle, CB Jayron Hosley)

Why can't the New York Giants ever get through a week of practice without at least one ridiculous injury popping up?

Today it was wide receiver Smith Smith leaving with what is being called a strained pectoral muscle.

"He had trouble driving his arms after the injury so he couldn't continue," [Tom] Coughlin said. "But I don't have anything to tell you about it until they do all the tests."

Sorry, but any injury sounds ominous considering the Giants tendency to initially under-report these things. When it comes to pectoral injuries, remember that Kevin Boothe is just now returning from a torn pectoral suffered during offseason workouts.

Let's hope -- no, let's pray -- this is nothing serious. As great as Hakeem Nicks is becoming Eli Manning and the Giant offense needs Smith, who has 43 catches this season. He is the go-to third-down guy and the passing game will not be the same if he is forced to miss any time.

If Smith is out it could be time for Ramses Barden to ... dare I say it ... you know it's coming ... step up and make big plays.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Why can't the New York Giants ever get through a week of practice without at least one ridiculous injury popping up?

Today it was wide receiver Smith Smith leaving with what is being called a strained pectoral muscle.

"He had trouble driving his arms after the injury so he couldn't continue," [Tom] Coughlin said. "But I don't have anything to tell you about it until they do all the tests."

Sorry, but any injury sounds ominous considering the Giants tendency to initially under-report these things. When it comes to pectoral injuries, remember that Kevin Boothe is just now returning from a torn pectoral suffered during offseason workouts.

Let's hope -- no, let's pray -- this is nothing serious. As great as Hakeem Nicks is becoming Eli Manning and the Giant offense needs Smith, who has 43 catches this season. He is the go-to third-down guy and the passing game will not be the same if he is forced to miss any time.

If Smith is out it could be time for Ramses Barden to ... dare I say it ... you know it's coming ... step up and make big plays.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

It's about time Barden showed us something anyway.... He's a big receiver that needs to prove himself.

It's about time Barden showed us something anyway.... He's a big receiver that needs to prove himself.

Without Steve Smith and 3 of our O-linemen, the other guys would have to step up this weekend.
Don't just rush 4 and drop everyone into soft, zone coverage. The eagles speed will run straight by our secondary (or any secondary for that matter). Don't play conservative and safe, you have to attack Vick. You run nickel with a 4 man rush a zone coverage you will get lit up.

The Eagles secondary is nothing to write home about, the Giants will put up points despite the injuries, but only if they don't commit penalties to kill their own drives as they move the ball down the field. It will be very tough because Steve Smith does a lot of things on the field that goes unnoticed and opens up a lot of things for our other receivers. I expect to see a stronger effort defensively since they were sleep walking vs. the Cowboys.

They can easily lose this game, but in the end both teams are 6-3. Wide open race and its still extremely early.

Without Steve Smith and 3 of our O-linemen, the other guys would have to step up this weekend.
Don't just rush 4 and drop everyone into soft, zone coverage. The eagles speed will run straight by our secondary (or any secondary for that matter). Don't play conservative and safe, you have to attack Vick. You run nickel with a 4 man rush a zone coverage you will get lit up.

The Eagles secondary is nothing to write home about, the Giants will put up points despite the injuries, but only if they don't commit penalties to kill their own drives as they move the ball down the field. It will be very tough because Steve Smith does a lot of things on the field that goes unnoticed and opens up a lot of things for our other receivers. I expect to see a stronger effort defensively since they were sleep walking vs. the Cowboys.

They can easily lose this game, but in the end both teams are 6-3. Wide open race and its still extremely early.

Wow. so we are going into this game with three WR's now? Giants would have to pick someone up by midweek. Steve Smith won't return until sometime in December.

O'hara and Diehl may not be back till the season end.....our O-line will determine the outcome of this game.

Wow. so we are going into this game with three WR's now? Giants would have to pick someone up by midweek. Steve Smith won't return until sometime in December.

O'hara and Diehl may not be back till the season end.....our O-line will determine the outcome of this game.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Smith is out until December...

frown.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Smith is out until December...

frown.gif
frown.gif

mad.gif
Was lookin' forward to FINALLY seeing Barden get PT...

New year, injury bug bites us in the behind yet again....thankfully it's only week 10, but it couldn't come at a WORSE time with Vick and crew on our tail.

Duke Calhoun, anybody? Is he ANY good?

mad.gif
Was lookin' forward to FINALLY seeing Barden get PT...

New year, injury bug bites us in the behind yet again....thankfully it's only week 10, but it couldn't come at a WORSE time with Vick and crew on our tail.

Duke Calhoun, anybody? Is he ANY good?

I hope the lose to the cowboys humbles us, and opens our eyes to the fact that no matter what the media says about a team, you have to play the game.

I hope the lose to the cowboys humbles us, and opens our eyes to the fact that no matter what the media says about a team, you have to play the game.

I'm actually not too concerned about the D this week, and although we put up points in a hurry, the losses on offense will hurt us a lot. Steve Smith is such an important piece to the core that we cannot afford to have injuries.

Should be a goo game Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom