2012 Honda Civic SI

I'm lookin for a nice little sporty family car...And what better way than to go with a Honda Civic SI? Well, so I thought...I've been doing some reading and the reviews have been up and down on this thing. The negative reviews for this whip seem to be because they had high expectations for this car that it did not meet (which I guess isn't really a true negative...). But the reviews just got me real skeptical...does anyone have this or know someone who does and if it's better than previous versions? And in comparison to other sporty family whips, how does it hold up? I don't need something really fast, but I want something with a little kick that is convenient for the fam at a reasonable price..and for the price I thought this was a a pretty solid.

And what's a thread without pics.
2012-Honda-Civic-Si-Sedan-wallpaper.jpg

2012-Honda-Civic-Si-Sedan-engine.jpg

Well I thought about that, but I was hoping to spend somewhere less than $25k...I guess I could fault back to a 2011 WRX, but I am lookin at a resale value as well..I'm not much into Subaru's but I'm keeping an open mind. Where do these rack up in resale value in comparison to Honda?

not really into hondas but the last generation looks better...

cosign on the wrx wangon tho

Keep in mind that i'm 5'5"and my lady is 5'3"
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Edit: so I won't keep spamming this thread with questions, another thing that always attracts me to Honda's is that they are real easy and cost effective to maintain..how does Subaru fit in that department?

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

Keep in mind that i'm 5'5"and my lady is 5'3"
laugh.gif
frown.gif
this might better suit your needs
Spoiler [+]
mini_countryman.jpg

or

Spoiler [+]
Volkswagen1950Beetle.jpg

eyes.gif
I did consider it when I bought my first whip, but I ended up with a 335i instead...not tryin to have two euro whips either...

Well I thought about that, but I was hoping to spend somewhere less than $25k...I guess I could fault back to a 2011 WRX, but I am lookin at a resale value as well..I'm not much into Subaru's but I'm keeping an open mind. Where do these rack up in resale value in comparison to Honda?

Subarus actually hold up quite well for holding a resale value.  
Coming from a guy who has owned a honda civic, volvo s60 and now a Subaru Forester.  I will say, getting a wagon is the best thing I've ever done. Im not sure how big the trunk is on the civic, but seriously....fold the rear seats down in a wagon and your just have yourself a lot of cargo space. Well worth it IMO.  Also AWD for when/if you ever need to drive through snow.  

I guess the subie is better off for me cause my lady and I are active, and drive to the pass every now and then.  

Never really have to worry about getting things home, anything bigger than the cargo area of my forester should probably be delivered. 

As far as maintaining it.

I religiously change the oil every 2-3k.

And so far my 45k and 60k maintenance have costed me $300-400 each time.

Right on vdub, I guess I never really considered a wagon before making this thread but this is something that I think that would be pretty beneficial. And I guess the WRX Wagon does fit my need for something with some speed...but the only thing that worries me is the MPG, i'm reading 19 city/25HWY...

I live in NorCal..we get no snow
laugh.gif
but I'll be checking out my local Subaru dealer later today...

You buy your forester new? and how long does the warranty cover? for my bimmer, they damn near fix everything under warranty except my tires..I don't know how Honda compares to that, but that warranty is pretty
pimp.gif

I have an '11 Honda Fit Sport and am loving it so far. Get close to 40mpg and has a ton of cargo room, the rear seats fold completely flat or you can fold them up.
6911714372_44b685103d.jpg

Last two photos aren't mine, but for show...

1417606346_2a819b6498.jpg

2948942930_d5b693edaf.jpg

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

Meh, Honda will never top the EK and EGs.

I think this is why some people are so negative on this generations SI...Those years were Honda's best and I can understand why some people are saying that those days are behind them now, but it seems like they are trying to make a powerful car (for lack of a better word), that is fuel efficient and affordable for everyone. Not only do they have to fight against the competition, but it seems like they are also fighting against how good there cars from the 90's were too...

The main things I'm reading negative about this Gen's SI is that it's not the car from the 90's...

Edit:: Thanks Quicksilver. I actually do like that a lot. Crazy that the seats fold up like that, do you only do that when your dogs in the car? I'm gonna look into a Fit as well now...Kinda reminds me of the Toyota Matrix...

SI as a family car is horrible, it's very stiff and the ride will be uncomfortable. I'd suggest a 4door GTI. Lots of cargo space, still as fast And overall better. You can save a grand by going the 2door route, shouldn't be a problem if you don't have kids at the moment. I say test drive both and see which you feel is more fun.

If you want a low cost, gas efficient, great warranty family sedan, you might want to consider a Hyundai. I know its a "Hyundai", but the brand has come a long way from its old reputation of a cheap car. Just read all the consumer reviews, and you'll be suprised. I mean 35 mpg, 10 year warranty, stylish design...can't go wrong.

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

Meh, Honda will never top the EK and EGs.

I think this is why some people are so negative on this generations SI...Those years were Honda's best and I can understand why some people are saying that those days are behind them now, but it seems like they are trying to make a powerful car (for lack of a better word), that is fuel efficient and affordable for everyone. Not only do they have to fight against the competition, but it seems like they are also fighting against how good there cars from the 90's were too...

The main things I'm reading negative about this Gen's SI is that it's not the car from the 90's...

Edit:: Thanks Quicksilver. I actually do like that a lot. Crazy that the seats fold up like that, do you only do that when your dogs in the car? I'm gonna look into a Fit as well now...Kinda reminds me of the Toyota Matrix...
No problem man! I mountain bike, so if the weather turns bad, I just fold up the backseats and put my mountain bike in there upright.
gal_lg11.jpg

2010-honda-fit-interior.jpg

I wish I would've waited a year and got a 2012, I like the newer wheels and headlights, but oh well...

Honda-Fit_Sport_2012_photo_01.jpg

And the fact that it's been on the Car and Driver 10 Best List and has a really good resell value helps me like it that much more. Plus, you can get one for less than $19,000
pimp.gif

http://automobiles.honda.com/fit/reviews.aspx

wait for 2013 to get a civic si. honda CEO's said because of all the bad reviews civic got they are redoing the whole civic in and out. this 2012 civic you wont see any others like it after this year. they are re-doing everything.

my brother has a civic just a regular one, its good point a to point b car.

heres the autoguide post about the civic sohc getting re-done
http://www.autoguide.com/...c-refresh-confirmed.html

heres the autoguide post confiriming the civic si getting re-done
http://www.autoguide.com/...-aggressive-styling.html

Back
Top Bottom