------ 2012 March of Dimes Fundraiser Walk

The March of Dimes (http://marchforbabies.org/) is a foundation rooted in supporting medical research to help premature and ill babies. They have affected many lives already, three of which I had the pleasure of meeting today: Shane, Shalini and their son Kieran. I was sidetracked during the meeting; Kieran seemed so naturally inquisitive about the functions of everything around him. He seems like such a bright kid and I was thankful he was able to survive all the ailments that threatened him upon his birth. If you would like to know more about Kieran, his family and what MoD has done for them, check out this video:

"My husband, Shane, and I never once thought of pregnancy as a life-or-death event," Shalini Wittstruck recalls. "Then one day our lives and all our expectations changed."

Their son, Kieran, was born at 31 weeks, weighing just 3lbs., 1 oz. He spent the first month of his life in the newborn intensive care unit (NICU), battling anemia, jaundice, apnea, bradycardia, a heart murmur and a brain cyst. With medical advances supported by the March of Dimes, Kieran pulled through.

Now 5 years old, Kieran still flips expectations on their head. Outside his home near Seattle, he likes to ride his bike and swim. He also is a budding mechanical engineer and is always working on his next great invention. And if that wasn't enough, he even runs his own cat spy agency: MEOWS!

From his difficult start to the creative kindergartner he is today, Kieran's story is a happy one. "We are thankful every day for how far he has come," says Shane.

I'm a member of my company's March of Dimes team and I'm here to ask you all for a donation to the cause. I'm donating myself and I'll be out there with the Collette MOD Squad doing the walk. I was genuinely inspired by Kieran and his parents and I hope you all are too. As Shane put it, Kieran's birth was both the greatest day of his life and the most terrifying. I hope my small part will go far in supporting the research that kept him alive and able to run around our office, hitting switches and poking at keyboards.

If you would like to donate, please go to http://marchforbabies.org/mjcorreia

ANY and ALL donations are appreciated!
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom