2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

Niketalk bros...

I was just having lunch at my hotel here in Miami and this dude sits by himself at the table next to us in a Coastal Carolina jacket. Being that I live near there I ask him if he went to Coastal. He turns to me and I immediately recognize this is Keith Pompey :lol: so I ask him if his name is Keith and if he works for the Sixers and then he comes and shakes my hand and my mom and stepdad had him come sit with us since he was sitting by himself. They had no idea who he was and aren’t even Sixer fans so it meant nothing to them but we chilled for like an hour and I learned a **** ton of behind the scenes Sixer stuff that I never knew.

One of which...Markelle Fultz bought 9 cars last year and his mom a $3 million dollar house but she’d stay at his house basically every night he was there til 1AM to make sure nobody came over. Not only were there cameras inside but they also put up do not disturb signs all over the property :lol:

If only he knew what you thought of him :lol:

That's an interesting, yet disappointing bit about Fultz. It's really a shame.

I agree that there’s a chance but I don’t think it’s likely

Too much roster turnover at the beginning plus the injuries and stuff now. The guys never had a chance to work together and gel. I feel confident in a gentleman sweep in the 1st round tho

Against the Nets? Maybe Magic, but the Nets have been playing great as of late.

I agree that there’s a chance but I don’t think it’s likely

Too much roster turnover at the beginning plus the injuries and stuff now. The guys never had a chance to work together and gel. I feel confident in a gentleman sweep in the 1st round tho

Bro I promise whoever we play in the first round out of the Nets or Magic is winning more than a game against us.

Against the Nets? Maybe Magic, but the Nets have been playing great as of late.

Bro I promise whoever we play in the first round out of the Nets or Magic is winning more than a game against us.
Nets still have NO ONE who can cover Embiid. Magic worry me because of Ross and him getting hot one game.

At the same time, I just believe the team will respond once playoffs start and we see less of Boban, TJ

Nets still have NO ONE who can cover Embiid. Magic worry me because of Ross and him getting hot one game.

At the same time, I just believe the team will respond once playoffs start and we see less of Boban, TJ

I’m not positive that we’re seeing less of Boban and TJ once the playoffs start, that’s the problem.

Bolden was questionable coming into last night’s game and tweaked his knee again during the game. I’m sure it was precautionary but still.

I also think that if things go south, Brown will revert back to "guys he trusts" and that's TJ for better or worse.

Embiid will definitely eat regardless, his enemy is his stamina though. My main concern with the Nets is D'lo as for some reason, PGs always play well against us. They will most likely stretch out Embiid as well.

Either way, it should be a fun matchup and we will be entering as heavy favourites, the question is how dominant are we really going to be.

PG cook us because we suck vs pick and roll and when the PG gets to the elbow embiid RARELY tries to disrupt the shot

something needs to change in the playoffs. I dont wanna see embiid guarding the perimeter at all

PG cook us because we suck vs pick and roll and when the PG gets to the elbow embiid RARELY tries to disrupt the shot

something needs to change in the playoffs. I dont wanna see embiid guarding the perimeter at all
He doesnt try since he also has to cover the roll man too. I'd rather give up the inefficient mid range shot over open shots are the rim

Embiid stamina will always be an issue but as long as he's using it on defense (like the Heat series last year), I'm fine with it. Tobias and Jimmy gotta get out of their funks tho

Brooklyn ain’t got nobody that can cover embiid, and the sixers ain’t got nobody that can cover Dinwiddie and DLo. Brooklyn will give them a series.

IMG_6862.JPG

The Zhaire Smith game :pimp:

He’s already made and attempted more 3s than Fultz, play this man in the playoffs Brown.

Scorching hot take

Start Zhaire for some defensive intensity. Bring JJ off the bench (I know I know) but JJ off the bench means less TJ

Yes Zhaire was looking lost last night but he bring so much to table on defensive I can live it

Ben has never had a running mate so it’s gonna take some time for lobs.

https://www.gq.com/story/zhaire-smith-76ers-deadly-allergic-reaction

Good read on the rook, it’s crazy how close he almost died in the fall and he’s able to play and contribute now in the spring. He sounds like a maniac with his training, he’s got a bright future.

I really like this kid, I can see why Brown was willing to pull the trigger on Mikal. There was another article saying that he used to do 300 pushups a day in the hospital room. It's insane considering what he's been through.

I really wish Shamet was still with us, having a young group of Shamet and Smith to support our young stars would have been good to see, that being said, if Tobi comes back, it's obviously worth it.

I miss Shamet too :frown:

I wish we could have traded Markelle to LA instead of him. Hopefully they draft a solid player with that OKC pick this summer.

I love Embiid but man is he frustrating when it comes to his health.

Hopefully he drops some weight over the summer and Elton can find him a solid and reliable back up.

Also he should never be allowed to play back to backs ever again.

I agree. Idk if he's changed since ASG when he first mentioned his health comes first to increase longevity. We all know how ****ty his diet was before. Maybe he changes in the summer and takes it a bit lightly but still getting in better shape

Scorching hot take

Start Zhaire for some defensive intensity. Bring JJ off the bench (I know I know) but JJ off the bench means less TJ
This might actually be the better move lol JJ got hunted on switches and Brett kept letting it happen

Back
Top Bottom