2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

Who would you rather give the money to other than Tobi that would realistically come here? Also I think if he gets a whole camp to practice with the squad and Brett is brought back to find him better opportunities and positions to do his thing, he’ll look a lot better.

Instead of giving Tobias about $30 mill per year I’d rather spread that money around to Bojan Bogdanovic and some actual decent bench pieces like a Corey Joseph, re-sign JJ and Scott and hopefully grab Dedmon as Embiid’s backup.

You give Tobias all that money and Jimmy his max and then you’re essentially locked into that starting lineup sans JJ for the next four years with little to no cap space for any decent depth additions.

Just glad we got the coaching decision out of the way early

Everything should be focused on players now and how we can improve

46D8F6C0-73C4-46B7-B14C-FF9748542A8C.png

We should run it back with the same squad sans TJ, Kork, Amir, JSimms, Monroe. Shake, Zhaire, Jonah can fill 3 of those spots and gotta get another PG

Brand is going to have to make very difficult decisions this summer.
Not really. Resigning jimmy for 3-4 years is a no brainer. I don’t think dealing with Tobias is a hard decision either. I personally don’t think they mad him and instead focus on the bench

If we re-sign Tobias and JJ after re-signing Jimmy there’s practically nothing we can do to improve the bench besides vet minimum players.

Its tricky since we'd have to renounce guys first. Gives us ~8 Mil to use. JJ taking the MLE helps and we can build from there

Not really. Resigning jimmy for 3-4 years is a no brainer. I don’t think dealing with Tobias is a hard decision either. I personally don’t think they mad him and instead focus on the bench

It is tricky because how much are you going to offer Tobi? How much will he get from other teams like the Nets?

We have two other dire needs, a competent PG and a backup Center. The backup center can maybe depend on how much Bolden improves.

We talk about how Ben's passing is his strength, but if you look closer, yes, he's a good passer, but he's not a floor general, meaning he doesn't make plays, he tends to run straight towards the open spot on the floor where that's where cutters are supposed to cut and get in their way. He doesn't know how to control the pace of the game (unless that pace if full speed).

His ability to make jump shots next year may change everything though. But for now, we have all realized he's not a PG and that Tobi deal will affect the quality PG we can get this offseason.

Also, it's either we use the Vet min, or via draft pick.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/hoopshype.com/2019/04/29/nba-free-agency-2019-the-top-players/amp/

Think about how many combinations of these guys on this list we could grab with Tobias’s money.

I love Bojan, Beverly, and Faried. Bojan is such an efficient scorer. Guy can get you a double double on any night off the bench. Faried looked really good on the rockets and can help fill out your bench on the cheap and Beverly as the back up point and a defensive sub is a great fit especially if he’s surrounded by guys that can shoot and get their own shot

I’m not banking on anybody in the top ten besides jimmy and Tobias to sign here so.

Also, we’re getting Zion boys so who cares about FA?

I love Bojan, Beverly, and Faried. Bojan is such an efficient scorer. Guy can get you a double double on any night off the bench. Faried looked really good on the rockets and can help fill out your bench on the cheap and Beverly as the back up point and a defensive sub is a great fit especially if he’s surrounded by guys that can shoot and get their own shot

I’m not banking on anybody in the top ten besides jimmy and Tobias to sign here so.

Also, we’re getting Zion boys so who cares about FA?
Faried is kinda redundant when we have Jonah whos a better shooter/can play next to Embiid. Portis or someone like Dedmon intrigues me more there. Guard/wing wise, I like Lamb for his defense. Collinson is more offense while Bev is more defense, I lean more for Collinson since we have Zhaire for the defense

Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much about defence since Jimmy, Tobi, Ben and Embiid can hold their own.

Bogdonavic is niiice. Dude might even be more creative at getting his own shot than Tobias too. Production wise he can definitely fill in for Tobias. Also, there are some ready made guys in the draft who can come in and be rotational guys right away. I think Ty Jerome, Cam Johnson, and Matisse Thybulle should all be available in the 20s. All of which have different strengths and fill a certain need on the team

Bogdonavic is niiice. Dude might even be more creative at getting his own shot than Tobias too. Production wise he can definitely fill in for Tobias. Also, there are some ready made guys in the draft who can come in and be rotational guys right away. I think Ty Jerome, Cam Johnson, and Matisse Thybulle should all be available in the 20s. All of which have different strengths and fill a certain need on the team

Yeah I think you can get Bojan for like $15 mill per year whereas you’re paying Tobias like $25-30 mill. And in the role he’d be in as a stretch forward to knock down threes I honestly think he’d be just as good if not better than Tobias offensively. He fits better and allows us to pick up probably three more quality bench pieces we wouldn’t be able to otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom