2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

Yea Joel looked lazier than normal. Honestly not sure what the strategy is with defending pnr either. It’s just a shame that they wasted a good bench performance. Also, BB continues to make dumbass decisions. No idea why he let furkan take Murray for a good stretch there. Very idiotic of him

Horrible as a whole ft shooting too. We are usually a great ft shooting team. But yea, Jokic got the better hand of this Matchup. Joel should’ve been out there to prove there is no doubt he’s the best big, dude couldn’t get up for this game, looked lackadaisical and going through the motions.

Horrible as a whole ft shooting too. We are usually a great ft shooting team. But yea, Jokic got the better hand of this Matchup. Joel should’ve been out there to prove there is no doubt he’s the best big, dude couldn’t get up for this game, looked lackadaisical and going through the motions.

He’s had this weird lackadaisical/going through the motions look to his game literally since preseason. Idk what’s up with it at all. I noticed it even on opening night when I was at the game. Like it seems like he’s trying hard to match Horford’s calm, methodical approach so he won’t get too emotional and take his team out of games but that **** ain’t working at all. I’m just not getting how dude came into the season saying he wants to win MVP, DPOY, best record in the league and win the championship this year and this is what he’s looked like.

I’ve also seen the dude play in person a good 10+ times now, each time I’ve been pretty close to the court and I don’t see where the hell this “20 pound weight loss” is at. Dude looks legit exactly the same and hasn’t played or looked like he’s in any better shape.

I know he played against Jokic in Philly before but I can’t remember if he’s play him in Denver before last night.
That’s what I’m wondering. That altitude probably got to him. Not an excuse for the play tho. He was obviously frustrated with how they kept hacking him whenever he brought the ball down

those calls at the end were pathetic tho. The and-1 to a side out, not reversing that foul on the steal and Jokic flopping on that inbound (while also hooking him)

Yea for a guy who worked on his conditioning and weight loss. Dude just looks tired and looked how he looked at the end of last season.

Buc, you are right. For a guy who wants to win mvp and dpoy. I just don’t see it. I know It’s game 8 and all, but it looked like he played a whole season already. His hands is always on his knee, it’ll be 3-5 min in the game and he looks tired. I can’t even use Denver’s altitude as an excuse, he looked like this in the Utah game too.

Yea I think he lost 20 lbs early in the offseason and just wasn’t able to keep it off. I see nothing that leads me to believe otherwise

I know we’re only 8 games in but it’s so frustrating to see Joel and Ben still having the same problems they had last season. As the 2 best players on the team, they need to get their **** together. Also the staff needs to tell Tobi and Josh they need to at least shoot 6 threes a game each, we need the floor spacing even with the poor shooting from both so far.

Yea for a guy who worked on his conditioning and weight loss. Dude just looks tired and looked how he looked at the end of last season.

Buc, you are right. For a guy who wants to win mvp and dpoy. I just don’t see it. I know It’s game 8 and all, but it looked like he played a whole season already. His hands is always on his knee, it’ll be 3-5 min in the game and he looks tired. I can’t even use Denver’s altitude as an excuse, he looked like this in the Utah game too.

Yupppp agreed. He looked in his best shape the beginning of LAST season. This season he looks as you said like he’s already played a whole damn season and he’s worn out already. I’ve only seen the juice from him in spurts. I honestly wonder if he’s trying to cut out the Chickfila and all that and they have him on some new diet he’s not used to leading to him not having his usual energy.

I’ll also say this...one quote that concerned the hell out of me before training camp started this year was when Embiid was talking about his weight loss and all that but then also said he hadn’t played basketball all summer. Like...what the ****? There’s a big difference from being in decent shape to workout and being an elite Olympic level shape to run around with the best athletes in the world on the court as a 7 foot 300 pound basketball player. Last summer when he came into the year in awesome shape he was playing in games all summer with Hanlen’s camp with Tatum, Beal, Fultz and all them.

Bretts scheme means brett needs to go. The team doesnt have Covington and Reddick anymore. This massive amount of threes isn’t it. Everything about it is wrong. Ben is passing the ball as soon as he crosses half court

also brett really hates certain players

Don’t think he deserves it but Brett probably not gonna make it till the end of the season.

Nah man. Some of the **** this team does is Freddie Kitchens coached-esque. Just poorly coached and poorly disciplined. Been the same issues with turnovers and discipline no matter what roster we’ve had.

Right now this team has a disgustingly ugly offense, terrible turnovers issue, extremely poor spacing and doesn’t even look to be playing with any type of energy.

Also with as much money we paid Al, I think he needs to come off the bench, slide Tobi to the 4, and put another shooter in at 3, whoever that be.

Also with as much money we paid Al, I think he needs to come off the bench, slide Tobi to the 4, and put another shooter in at 3, whoever that be.

I mean basically. This team ain’t gonna work with this lineup. And it sucks to say this early but it’s clear why J-Rich and Tobias are on that good but not good enough level with both their current and past team.

At this point, I understand the travel this team has had to begin the season has been ridiculous but I’m past that at this point. Regardless of the schedule you just straight up cannot look this bad. Last year we would be blowing teams out. This team’s terrible offense seems absolutely incapable of blowing anyone out, hence every single game including the wins being so close so far.

Man...it's frustrating to watch this team, other than the way management constructed this team and coach's gameplan, Ben Simmons's play really hurts this team to so much degree.

I mean just look at this:

Letting Butler go means that we NEEDED for Ben to take the next step, it was the only way for this team to work out.

What's frustrating is that we are treating Ben as a legitimate superstar and it felt like that label was handed to him on a silver platter, he hasn't earned it (Sure, he had a great rookie year but that's it), much like how Wiggins was gifted his huge contract, I feel like Simmons was gifted this title to some extent.

He is unstoppable in transition but is a glorified rim runner in a half-court set.
He is an excellent passer but lacks the court vision to be an orchestrator on offence.
His defence is excellent and hustles.

Non of his strengths scream out franchise player, in fact, it's the type of stuff you would say about the best role players in the league.

The video above suggests that the entire offense has to adjust to Ben's limited playing style where it should not be, he should be put in a position to succeed (at PF) and have to work within the offense.

Nothing he showed tells me that things will be different in the playoffs.

I will not be mad if he gets traded.

Al's been awesome, but I feel with the way this team is constructed, we may have been better off signing Baynes and maybe Bojan.

If fit has always been awkward with this team the last two to three years, the problem resides on who we are trying to fit.

Raul is literally our only PG on this team and that's a scary thought.

Still on the Ben train until it completely crashes and burns but dude really needs to get over his mental block for shooting and playing aggressive for complete games. Part of me hopes he isn’t an all star this year if he keeps playing like this and it’s a wake up call for him.

Back
Top Bottom