2021 ANGELS SEASON THREAD

Friday's game :smh:

Texas, Houston, and Oakland on this homestand. Gotta take 2 of the 3 series.

Happy that the angels are trying to show mike they want to compete. A little disappointed the Angels gave up Maybin for virtually nada.

Happy that the angels are trying to show mike they want to compete. A little disappointed the Angels gave up Maybin for virtually nada.

Really confused with that one. We only owed another 1.5 mil on his contract. We coule hve kept him around as a pinch runner at the very least. Albert Pujols can barely walk.

I like all the moves that were made yesterday. Would've went after Verlander as well. Exactly what I thought would happen happend. Either the Yankees, Red Sox or your division rival ends up with him :ohwell:

Not really mad at not landing Verlander. Wouldn't even mind if we didn't even pursue very seriously. I'm glad we're done with going after names who became big on other teams. Colon, GMJr, Torii, Hamilton, Freese, Teixeira, Greinke, Pujols... I'm not with the risk that comes with pursuing other team's stars. It seldom works out like it did with Vladdy, or like how it worked for STL when they got Eck and he won WS MVP.

These boys sure do know how to come back! it's a shame the bullpen sucks so much...Richards looked good even tho he only threw 52 pitches

Was watching Quick Pitch and they said the bullpen had the best ERA in baseball since Aug 1. I couldn't believe it. I want these guys to make it to October so badly. :lol:

It's going to suck if they make it vs. NY and score 8+ runs only to lose in extras because of the blowpen. smh

1.5 games out. Theres still hope, but it definitely doesn't help that 7 of Minnesota's last 10 games are against Detroit. :smh:

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer on this one...

Remember that time we signed a big name and it turned out well for us?

Mike Teixeira? Zack Greinke? I know, I know, rentals. Still, we paid 'em a bunch for a short time, and turn out well it did not.

Pujols? Josh Hamilton? Remember Gary Matthews, Jr? Tons of money to all of them. Nothing to show for. Now Torii Hunter wasn't a TON of money, but still nothing to show for it.

Vladdy Guerrero, that one I can't complain about at all.

Grabbed Hideki Matsui from the Yankees after he won a WSMVP. Nothing.

Bartolo Colon? Again, not a ton of money, but the theme here is 3 fold: big names, ton of money, nothing to show. Again, he fits 2.

We.

Don't.

Do.

Big things.

With big names.

He'll fill the stands being a 2-way player, and not just a 2-way player but an actual power-hitting pitcher... :wow:... but even that might turn out being some folklore stuff.

Suffice it to say I'm initially skeptical.

I’m with you, Ska, but I don’t think the Angels are in a bad spot. Even if he’s a bust, he’s still only making $500k for the first 3 years of his deal; worst part is the $20 mil posting fee and that doesn’t impact payroll at all.

Really happy with what Eppler’s been able to do. Sucks to be Dipoto.

As of right NOW, from what I know about the 2 players, I'm more excited about Kinsler than I am Ohtani.

Back
Top Bottom