2021 ANGELS SEASON THREAD

Dope! Haven't made it to a game this season. Get off work too late during the week, and never feel like going on a weekend. I gotta change that.

nerd.gif

Mike Trout win AL MVP. The ONLY bright spot this year.

Man, this thread has been deserted, and rightfully so. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Something I said on FB:

Now can we PLEASE get a solid squad around this dude, Scoscia? :smile: Ever since we won it all, we've gone after big names like I have never seen us do before. Vladdy, Colon, rented Teixeira, Coco Crisp was big at the time, Torii, Gary Matthews Jr was big at the time, rented Greinke, Matsui coming off of a WS MVP, Freese years after a WS MVP, Pujols all the way past his prime for entirely too much, Josh Hamilton... I've never known us to be that active in big names, and the only one that really worked out was obviously Vladdy.

I want us to be good again so bad! Need to quit wasting trouts prime with these losing seasons

We have the privilege of watching a guy will go down as one of the greatest ever. Would be nice to see him do his thing in the postseason :smh:

Don't wanna keep bringing up the Angels in the MLB thread so figured I'd bring this bad boy back up.

Amazing comeback. Hope this hot start continues.

I hope they can keep this up. :pimp:

I was able to take some time off work this week. Flying back down for a bit and going to make one of the games against Texas. Last time I was at the Big A was back in 2014. It's been too long.

I hope they can keep this up. :pimp:

I was able to take some time off work this week. Flying back down for a bit and going to make one of the games against Texas. Last time I was at the Big A was back in 2014. It's been too long.

I actually haven't been since our last playoff appearance. I don't getout of the office till about 6:30/7 so it's difficult during the week.

Gonna try to make it to a game in May.

Feeling real 2002ish with these comeback wins. :nerd:

Gotta represent in here. Aint gonna lie, thought we'd have the typical slow start but them boys are grinding! Enjoying this start.

Angels right-hander Garrett Richards (biceps) to remain on DL
Los Angeles Angels right-hander Garrett Richards hasn't been cleared to resume throwing, and the team does not plan to activate him from the 10-day disabled list on Sunday when he's eligible to come off.

Richards was diagnosed with a strained right biceps last week. When doctors clear him to throw, Richards could need a minor league rehab assignment to build arm strength.

"They'll let us know when he's ready to pick up a ball," Angels manager Mike Scioscia told reporters on Thursday. "The longer he's out, obviously, there would be more rehab involved."

Richards missed most of last season because of a partially torn elbow ligament but chose rest and stem-cell injections over Tommy John surgery. He made it through spring training solidly but left his season-opening start at Oakland in the fifth inning on April 5 because of pain in his arm.

He won 28 games over the 2014 and 2015 seasons but was limited to six starts last year.

Right-handed reliever JC Ramirez will replace Richards in the rotation. He will start Friday against the Kansas City Royals.

:smh:

Angels right-hander Garrett Richards (biceps) to remain on DL
Los Angeles Angels right-hander Garrett Richards hasn't been cleared to resume throwing, and the team does not plan to activate him from the 10-day disabled list on Sunday when he's eligible to come off.

Richards was diagnosed with a strained right biceps last week. When doctors clear him to throw, Richards could need a minor league rehab assignment to build arm strength.

"They'll let us know when he's ready to pick up a ball," Angels manager Mike Scioscia told reporters on Thursday. "The longer he's out, obviously, there would be more rehab involved."

Richards missed most of last season because of a partially torn elbow ligament but chose rest and stem-cell injections over Tommy John surgery. He made it through spring training solidly but left his season-opening start at Oakland in the fifth inning on April 5 because of pain in his arm.

He won 28 games over the 2014 and 2015 seasons but was limited to six starts last year.

Right-handed reliever JC Ramirez will replace Richards in the rotation. He will start Friday against the Kansas City Royals.

:smh:

Man I hate seeing him like this

Congrats to Pujols for 600 career HRs the other night! 
smokin.gif

Come back, Trout. 
frown.gif

Last edited:
Trout ain't gonna save us. We need pitchers and hitters for average so bad. A more complete, balanced roster. Haven't had that in years.

Pleasantly surprised with our play since Trout went down.

17-15, I believe.

Especially since that was probably the toughest stretch of opponents this season. Hopefully nolasco can keep it up.

Hopefully pujols retires after this season as well.

.5 out of the 2nd wild card spot! :lol:

We have let so many games slip away. Could easily be at 64 wins but then again every team could say that.

Would be great to get back to the postseason :frown:

^ you called it earlier with this feeling 2002ish :lol: not that I'm comparing this team to 2002, but they keep messing around and they might actually find themselves playing in October :lol:

Reactions: HIM
Back
Top Bottom