2024 NBA Draft Thread

He can’t get past good defenders in college , imagine the league ...it’s a reason the step back is his go to move
Guess I need to watch him some more. From what I was seeing in videos, he was getting past guys and finishing in the lane pretty easily.

Draft hot take thread? Langford will go late lotto and some teams will regret it
I'm driving the Langford bandwagon. I have no clue where he's going to end up, but I don't really see why many of these Tier 2 type guys would be decidedly better than him.

With TS% taken into account, how far off is Markus Howard's yr from Trae?

(If you ignore the fact that he's trying to get into the league as a 5'11 SG)

6’7” Center is scary in a bad way. Zion needs to develop a perimeter game like LJ if he’s gonna be a top tier player.

He’s basically Draymond’s size with considerably more strength and explosiveness. No reason why he can’t play minutes at the 5. Have to remember that opposing 5s are going to need to be able to guard him as well, which will likely be a mismatch in favor of Zion.

Yeah, I think this is different than say throwing Kyle Kuzma at center and saying "Postionless Basketball!!"

Main reason being is that Zion would already be one of the heaviest players in the NBA if he played tomorrow and has been mentioned his athleticism

With that being said, I don't see the issue with experimenting with him at either 4/5. Draymond doesn't play the 5 until the playoffs

Zion ripping down a rebound then taking it 94' down the court with his size/athleticism is a scary sight

If Chicago gets the #1 pick and drafts Zion...how does that play out with Lauri and Wendell in the fold?

With Porter on the books for potentially 2 more years, I could see WCJ coming off the bench. Not sure if that's ideal or not, but it's definitely a lot to consider

If Chicago gets the #1 pick and drafts Zion...how does that play out with Lauri and Wendell in the fold?
Wendell probably gets benched or traded by the deadline. Can’t survive with only 3 shooters on the floor unless the 3 are KD Steph & Klay

With Porter on the books for potentially 2 more years, I could see WCJ coming off the bench. Not sure if that's ideal or not, but it's definitely a lot to consider
I actually forgot about Otto :lol:

I’d go with bringing WCJ off the bench. Just because he’s off the bench doesn’t mean he can’t play 30 minutes a night or so. The 3 man big rotation would be pretty damn good. All 3 bring something different to the table. Just need a coach that can figure out the rotation.

The last time Chicago had a chance like this, they drafted the superstar prospect and traded the good player away a year later.

I actually forgot about Otto :lol:

I’d go with bringing WCJ off the bench. Just because he’s off the bench doesn’t mean he can’t play 30 minutes a night or so. The 3 man big rotation would be pretty damn good. All 3 bring something different to the table. Just need a coach that can figure out the rotation.
The only thing I'd wonder about is closing lineups and say, if WCJ wasn't in the closing lineups for the next 2 years, how that'd affect his development

Or they could be a dumpster fire anyway the next two years and closing lineups won't matter as much :lol:

The only thing I'd wonder about is closing lineups and say, if WCJ wasn't in the closing lineups for the next 2 years, how that'd affect his development

Or they could be a dumpster fire anyway the next two years and closing lineups won't matter as much :lol:
For sure :lol:

I think it would just be a case by case situation depending on who they are playing. If Zion could at least be a respectable shooter I think you could put all 3 “bigs” on the floor at the same time. I actually think WCJ can be a decent floor spacer as he’s a really good FT shooter for a big. We just haven’t seen it yet.

If it doesn’t work out, you could always flip WCJ for a guard. Every team could use someone with his theoretical skill set.

Who this P?
073528abea1cfc3c974d0d42a0de4239.jpg

The Bulls were never going to pass on Rose, but there was talk initially that they go with the better fit-fill a need (Beasley) because they already had Hinrich.

Back
Top Bottom