2024 NBA Draft Thread

I bet my homie cam WILL NOT fall out of the top 5 several months back. Idk if I’m liking my chances at this point. Y’all shrink I should buy out of this wager?

I bet my homie cam WILL NOT fall out of the top 5 several months back. Idk if I’m liking my chances at this point. Y’all shrink I should buy out of this wager?

Anything can happen after pick 3. Would not be shocking to see Cam go anywhere from 4-14. The degree of separation between prospects after Zion-Ja-RJ is slim to none.

Has there ever been a college player whose been as bad as Cam, but had a good NBA career? Someone with similar minutes/usage.

Wouldn’t say he was “bad” but I would definitely agree he was inconsistent since he was used primarily as only a spot up shooter and off-ball third option. Already playing for a loaded Duke team, if he’d return for sophomore year, he’d be able to show more of his repertoire and warrant possibly a higher draft position if the featured offense and see an improvement in confidence. Or finding leadership who can positively challenge him and great coaching system to allow him to showcase more of his abilities to build confidence. None of this is guaranteed of course, but just looking at his skill set, upside, and potential, he could be really good.

How do y'all feel about Ja Morant?
the size, vision, his ability in the open floor and to get to the rack, and explosiveness hes gonna be good, jumpshot looks shaky...im guessing Grizz take him and let him sit in Conley backpocket for the first year. if he can pick up some of Mike tricks. man hes gonna be the real deal.

Can Ja shoot? Let's be real your offense is gonna be limited unless he's a D'aaron Fox 2.0 or something. Better question is he projected to have a better career than Mike Conley the guys he's replacing?

I think Cam could go 5th but I'm not liking the odds of winning that bet. I do think he has potential to be better than Jaylen Brown.

bol might end up top 5 if health checks out

what would be considered a gamble on an injured prospect? lottery pick? it's usually the late rds where teams who are already in playoffs can take a reach on someone injured
would a bad team be willing to draft him early?

Cam is smooth but the lack of athleticism is concerning. Don't think he's gonna be a good finisher at the rim. That was the most disappointing part of his time at Duke.

I see a lot of contested 2s off the dribble.

the size, vision, his ability in the open floor and to get to the rack, and explosiveness hes gonna be good, jumpshot looks shaky...im guessing Grizz take him and let him sit in Conley backpocket for the first year. if he can pick up some of Mike tricks. man hes gonna be the real deal.

I don’t think you can keep Conley around if you’re drafting Ja. They’re both pure point guards that are at their best controlling the pace of the offense. They’re better off just going full rebuild this year and giving Ja and JJJ the keys.

I don’t think you can keep Conley around if you’re drafting Ja. They’re both pure point guards that are at their best controlling the pace of the offense. They’re better off just going full rebuild this year and giving Ja and JJJ the keys.

They’ll try to deal but it remains to be seen if they’ll have legitimate takers with his salary.

Teams who aren't typical destinations in FA will take a swing @ Conley. Utah being the most likeliest.

I’d love for there to be a way for Conley and Love to end up in Utah but idk what they could do to make that happen. Probably would only be able to get maybe one of the two.

Trying to find it now and can’t to see how credible but saw some stat about the amount of time Bol Bol makes any contact on screens he sets.

Was really interesting in questioning his ability to play in the pick and roll but now of course I can’t find it

Back
Top Bottom