2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Do the yeezy dunks glitter on the back??
Are you trolling me? I'm talking about the fake yeezy looking dunks Premier JUST released.
Yes they have the same 3M reflective "solar particle" print on both the highs and lows.

Protip: Even though the Yeezy resemblance is undeniable, just call them the proper name ("Northern Lights") if you don't want to get teased by someone in the thread. 
wink.gif

Also on that note, I really hope someone manages to do an interview with Premier and ask them why they tried pitching their collab as an original concept without acknowledging the Yeezy 1 "Blink" influence in any way. There's just no way it was unintentional, so why bother with the whole Northern Lights thing?

Not hating because I love the shoes, just wondering.

Last edited:
Also on that note, I really hope someone manages to do an interview with Premier and ask them why they tried pitching their collab as an original concept without acknowledging the Yeezy 1 "Blink" influence in any way. There's just no way it was unintentional, so why bother with the whole Northern Lights thing?

Not hating because I love the shoes, just wondering.
Nike probably didn't want them to seeing how he's with Adidas now.

Last edited:
I'm just wondering at what point in life do get past any sneaker coming out that has pink and black in it not referred to as "Yeezy" inspired. Sadly cats were referring to the Air Tech Challenge 2's "Hot Lava" (Agassi's) as Yezzy's...I almost hit the floor

I'm just wondering at what point in life do get past any sneaker coming out that has pink and black in it not referred to as "Yeezy" inspired. Sadly cats were referring to the Air Tech Challenge 2's "Hot Lava" (Agassi's) as Yezzy's...I almost hit the floor
Straight up ignorance right there. 
laugh.gif

I mean yeah, it definitely gets annoying on some of the releases like the Air Max 1 FB, but come on. There's no way you can tell me these NL's weren't deliberately designed to resemble Yeezy's. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that they have the strongest resemblance of any of the Yeezy-inspired releases, even over the Foams.

I want to know when dudes are going to stop rocking pink and purple kicks. That's something that should be left for the females. Before anyone gets bent out of shape I will admit that some of the shoes are nice, but I'm a grown man. I can't do those colors anymore, and the only reason I say anymore is because I rocked a pink tall tee or two in my younger days
wink.gif

I want to know when dudes are going to stop rocking pink and purple kicks. That's something that should be left for the females. Before anyone gets bent out of shape I will admit that some of the shoes are nice, but I'm a grown man. I can't do those colors anymore, and the only reason I say anymore is because I rocked a pink tall tee or two in my younger days:wink:
What does being grown have to do with what colors you wear? Now DB 8s? THOSE are some kid shoes.

I jus don't understand why Kayne has such a big influence on the sneaker culture? I mean people wanna dress like him & anything he wears (shoes) goes triple the price on eBay. The Air Max 90 Independence Pack was jus ridiculous.

unless you're the outlet/clearance store pick up gawd @osyrhiz, you shouldn't count on scoring a deal on a semi-hyped SB or any release in general at those kind of stores.

I jus don't understand why Kayne has such a big influence on the sneaker culture? I mean people wanna dress like him & anything he wears (shoes) goes triple the price on eBay. The Air Max 90 Independence Pack was jus ridiculous.

Kanye's has great style. He makes even the most casual sneaker look high end with how he coordinates his outfits. He basically showed the world that you can wear sneakers without NT denim or jordan sweatpants.

The air max 90 hype was ridiculous though.

I remember going to the Yeezus concert in LA and seeing nothing but leather pants and flannels out there lol. I still can't believe he has people believing that visvim's actually look good.

I want to know when dudes are going to stop rocking pink and purple kicks. That's something that should be left for the females. Before anyone gets bent out of shape I will admit that some of the shoes are nice, but I'm a grown man. I can't do those colors anymore, and the only reason I say anymore is because I rocked a pink tall tee or two in my younger days:wink:

Had a bunch of tall tees freshmen year in HS and yes pink was one of the colors lol I don't like most of the pink based shoes. Exceptions being WPFs and my NL lows (due to small amount of pink). Purple is fine with me too but again more when it's used as secondary color so shoe isn't drowned in the color.

Kanye's has great style. He makes even the most casual sneaker look high end with how he coordinates his outfits. He basically showed the world that you can wear sneakers without NT denim or jordan sweatpants.

The air max 90 hype was ridiculous though.

I get what you're saying, but ppl dress like him & think they will turn into him. IMO I jus don't see the big deal in his Yeezy brand shoes, they really aren't all that honestly.

I get what you're saying, but ppl dress like him & think they will turn into him. IMO I jus don't see the big deal in his Yeezy brand shoes, they really aren't all that honestly.
You don't understand fandom. People love you for one thing you do they gonna love everything you do.

This is more or less what I'm getting at with saying "I'm too old to wear those colors." I think a lot of dudes started to rock with these loud shoes after Ye dropped his Nikes. I was an impressionable youth before that saw Cam'ron wearing some pink gear and said why not. It was a different look at the moment and I rocked with it. I even copped a pink Hawks jersey that I still have to this day.

I remember going to the Yeezus concert in LA and seeing nothing but leather pants and flannels out there lol. I still can't believe he has people believing that visvim's actually look good.

Lol I couldn't deal with that I do like Flannels tho but leather pants?! Nahhhhhh I'm good.

Claims to be a grown man, refers to himself as trill...
I didn't come in here to start any uproar I just stated an opinion, and I'm not the dude you see at the mall with the "Been Trill" hat and leather jeggings tucked into some pink Foams. I'm from Houston and listened to UGK growing up. That's all I can say about that. I still keep Polo on my body and Nikes on my feet like Lil' Keke. The pants aren't as baggy as they use to be and my tall tee wearing days are over, but I'm StillTrill at the end of the day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom