A$AP

Originally Posted by awwsome

You right, cause Peso has Texas written all over it.

Yall dudes man.
x2 
laugh.gif

aint nobody say nothing when Wiz dropped Cabin Fever which had THE SOUTH written all over it

aint nobody say nothing when Spitta dropped Covert Coup and had the whole up north sample vibe

so why hate on ASAP Rocky?

let him do his thing he good at it.......im sure he pays homage to Bun & DJ Screw

dudes get so up tight when someone wants to step out of they norm and pay homage

aint nobody say nothing when Wiz dropped Cabin Fever which had THE SOUTH written all over it

aint nobody say nothing when Spitta dropped Covert Coup and had the whole up north sample vibe

let him do his thing he good at it.......im sure he pays homage to Bun & DJ Screw

dudes get so up tight when someone wants to step out of they norm and pay homage

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

Have to agree with that.

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

Have to agree with that.

Oh so because Rocky has ONE song paying homage to Houston rappers and the screwed movement hes a biter ? Oh okay . So let's just ignore the fact that 90% of the most successful southern rappers have adopted the east coast style of rapping and dropped the wobbly wobbly shake it shake it so I'm right if i say all those dudes are fake NY wannabes right ? I might be right about a couple dudes though
laugh.gif
let son live the majority of his stuff sounds different which is a good thing but at the end of the day you can hear that Harlem swag all over his music

Oh so because Rocky has ONE song paying homage to Houston rappers and the screwed movement hes a biter ? Oh okay . So let's just ignore the fact that 90% of the most successful southern rappers have adopted the east coast style of rapping and dropped the wobbly wobbly shake it shake it so I'm right if i say all those dudes are fake NY wannabes right ? I might be right about a couple dudes though
laugh.gif
let son live the majority of his stuff sounds different which is a good thing but at the end of the day you can hear that Harlem swag all over his music

Originally Posted by AI for MVP

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

So you gotta be from Texas to make music like that or your're biting?
And you should make music that sounds like everybody else from your neighborhood's music?

Oh.

30t6p3b.gif

How is a genre going to expand if only people from certain areas of the country can make certain music?

Because is a signature sound nothing tight about ripping another coast signature sound that's why new York fell off the first time straight swagger jacking other coast. He can be dope new York artist without sounding like a wannabe Texas rapper. Its lame to steal another coast sound to create a buzz be who you are you are not from Houston your from Ny do a unique take on your on music not a blatant ripoff of ours
That makes no sense
Take "gangster" rap for example a sound that was made popular by west coast artists (ex.NWA), now are all "gangster" rappers biting off of LA?
i think you guys forgot the fact that asaps doing this for a reason... he was orignially from texas and moved to harlem thats why he adopts both styles.... its not biting, its where hes from

So you gotta be from Texas to make music like that or your're biting?
And you should make music that sounds like everybody else from your neighborhood's music?

Oh.

30t6p3b.gif

How is a genre going to expand if only people from certain areas of the country can make certain music?

Because is a signature sound nothing tight about ripping another coast signature sound that's why new York fell off the first time straight swagger jacking other coast. He can be dope new York artist without sounding like a wannabe Texas rapper. Its lame to steal another coast sound to create a buzz be who you are you are not from Houston your from Ny do a unique take on your on music not a blatant ripoff of ours
That makes no sense
Take "gangster" rap for example a sound that was made popular by west coast artists (ex.NWA), now are all "gangster" rappers biting off of LA?
i think you guys forgot the fact that asaps doing this for a reason... he was orignially from texas and moved to harlem thats why he adopts both styles.... its not biting, its where hes from

Originally Posted by filipin0y

That makes no sense
That's not my point at all.
I'm saying it shouldn't matter where he's from.

If he's influenced by a certain sound than let him make music that reflects that.

Originally Posted by filipin0y

That makes no sense
That's not my point at all.
I'm saying it shouldn't matter where he's from.

If he's influenced by a certain sound than let him make music that reflects that.

So... much.... butthurt
But guys, it's ok. Any artist should be able to step out of their regions music sound and experiment with different ones to see what suits him best. 

That was a close on, good thing hip hop is so open minded when it comes to such things
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

So... much.... butthurt
But guys, it's ok. Any artist should be able to step out of their regions music sound and experiment with different ones to see what suits him best. 

That was a close on, good thing hip hop is so open minded when it comes to such things
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Smh at this conversation taking place. Is the music good? Yes or no? You'd laugh at how in other genres you steal from every region you can to improve your sound but in rap its look down on.

Smh at this conversation taking place. Is the music good? Yes or no? You'd laugh at how in other genres you steal from every region you can to improve your sound but in rap its look down on.

Are we still talking about Vado in here?

Mook killed dude back in the day with his on line dude will never blow up

Most people know vado from the tahoe line.

Are we still talking about Vado in here?

Mook killed dude back in the day with his on line dude will never blow up

Most people know vado from the tahoe line.

Vado > A$AP for the record.

A$AP has no more than 15 songs out b.... how can you compare that @%*@ to a dude who has dropped an ALBUM??

roll.gif
... NTers be wylin, I swear.

Vado > A$AP for the record.

A$AP has no more than 15 songs out b.... how can you compare that @%*@ to a dude who has dropped an ALBUM??

roll.gif
... NTers be wylin, I swear.

Back
Top Bottom