A fish with a transparent head and tubular eyes. Vol xenon eyes

ergonomics_xenon.jpg

Originally Posted by sauuceking

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Wow
eek.gif
This is some crazy interesting stuff. Let's keep this thread alive, this stuff always interests me. I can't believe how much we don't know about our own planet. Does anyone have some sort of scale of how deep the deepest part of the ocean we know actually is? Like how many stories...cause I never imagined to ocean to be THAT deep. I think drowning in the ocean from a shipwreck is a gruesome way to go. Imagine if you somehow kept your consciousness (I know probably impossible) and saw one of these things before you died.
frown.gif
sick.gif

Water pressure wouldnt allow you to be alive in the depths where unknown stuff like that is. That much water stacked on top of you would basically crush you body in.

How does that squid survive. Looks mad pinner compared to me, why don't these things get crushed
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
They are designed to live in those pressures, just as reef fish are designed to live in that environment. I believe those deep sea creatures areunable to live closer to the surface because there is not enough pressure; their bodies would essentially rupture if they were brought towards the surface dueto the pressure their bodies exert outward to counteract the crushing pressure of deep sea.

Man, I just typed "pressure" a lot.

Science heads - correct me if I'm wrong. Wait a minute. This is NT. That is sure to happen.
laugh.gif

Wow
eek.gif
This is some crazy interesting stuff. Let's keep this thread alive, this stuff always interests me. I can't believe how much we don't know about our own planet. Does anyone have some sort of scale of how deep the deepest part of the ocean we know actually is? Like how many stories...cause I never imagined to ocean to be THAT deep. I think drowning in the ocean from a shipwreck is a gruesome way to go. Imagine if you somehow kept your consciousness (I know probably impossible) and saw one of these things before you died.
frown.gif
sick.gif
The deepest part of the Ocean is the Mariana Trench. It's a fact that I remember from watching How the Earth was Made on the History channel.I know for sure, there were two Oceanographers that actually went to the deepest part of the trench in a submarine type vessel.

squid2.jpg

biggest reported giant squid = 43 feet !!!

the ocean is so cool....lochness monster type %%%#

but:

The Mariana Trench (or Marianas Trench) is the deepest part of the world's oceans, and the deepest location on the surface of the Earth's crust. It hasa maximum depth of about 10,911 meters

very neat!

Back
Top Bottom