A fish with a transparent head and tubular eyes. Vol xenon eyes

eek.gif

Yeah that's a pretty strange looking fish but the scary thing is, there are things in that ocean that are probably way crazier than that.

I'm sure it's real....the ocean is like 90% undiscovered....no telling what the hell is down there.

Originally Posted by Untitled

we know more about deep space then we do about the ocean...

so true and the further they go down the crazier the animals look.

i love watchin that stuff on the discovery channel

The common name for the fish is "barreleyes." Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute investigators recently figured out why this species has such an unusual head. Its eyes can actually rotate within its "skull," so the transparency allows the wary swimmer to keep a literal eye on happenings above it, as well as to the sides and directly in front.
Using video cameras, MBARI researchers Bruce Robison and Kim Reisenbichler revealed the fish's eye movements. When remotely operated vehicles approached the fish, its eyes glowed a vivid green shade in the bright lights of the ROVs. Usually the fish were just hanging out motionless under the deep waters offshore California's central coast.

Originally Posted by cjspida619

Originally Posted by Untitled

we know more about deep space then we do about the ocean...

so true and the further they go down the crazier the animals look.

i love watchin that stuff on the discovery channel

yes so true.

What if there was a alien race down there on the surface of the ocean who cant come to us cause of pressure and we cant come to them cause of pressure. Therecan be new york size cites down there filled with them

Back
Top Bottom