A Ma Maniere AJ4

ive def been embracing the medium baggy era with open arms, sometimes the slim taper is what makes the fit thouh. but at 6'4' and 240lbs, slim for me is still alittle baggy lol

Finally got my pair off goat. Took the gamble since it was size 12.5 and I usually wear size 12 in iv’s. Couldn’t be happier with how they fit and saved me about $50-$75 from new with the price fluctuation.
738423D1-582F-42BC-AFB4-C6A32D9191DC.jpeg

Finally got my pair off goat. Took the gamble since it was size 12.5 and I usually wear size 12 in iv’s. Couldn’t be happier with how they fit and saved me about $50-$75 from new with the price fluctuation.
738423D1-582F-42BC-AFB4-C6A32D9191DC.jpeg
I’ve never bought from GOAT or StockX.

Am I right in thinking that you don’t know anything about the seller and there’s no seller feedback rating?

…not to mention photos.

I’ve never bought from GOAT or StockX.

Am I right in thinking that you don’t know anything about the seller and there’s no seller feedback rating?

…not to mention photos.
You are correct. Goat is who you rely on to make sure seller ships and the shoe is legit and in ds condition.

I'd be careful with any suede/nubuck brush too. They all basically work by removing a little bit of the material. That looks fine on suede but these are not suede or nubuck and you might just end up with heavy scuffs.

You are correct. Goat is who you rely on to make sure seller ships and the shoe is legit and in ds condition.
No photos or communication with seller is one thing.

But I would at like to see a feedback system that lets buyers know how many transactions a seller has and how many complaints they've received.

But I would at like to see a feedback system that lets buyers know how many transactions a seller has and how many complaints they've received.

That's not how these resell sites work. :lol: That's how eBay works.

They are the middlemen. StockX and GOAT "are" the feedback. Their reputation is why you're buying from the site. It's their responsibility to confirm authenticity, etc. from the shoes the seller sends them.

I'd be careful with any suede/nubuck brush too. They all basically work by removing a little bit of the material. That looks fine on suede but these are not suede or nubuck and you might just end up with heavy scuffs.

The little eraser that comes with those kits lets you control the area you're working on better. Whatever you want to call the material used for this shoe, it still operates under the same principle. Don't get it wet, use dry materials to clean.

That's not how these resell sites work. :lol: That's how eBay works.

They are the middlemen. StockX and GOAT "are" the feedback. Their reputation is why you're buying from the site. It's their responsibility to confirm authenticity, etc. from the shoes the seller sends them.
So how many shoes does a seller have to get rejected by StockX before they're not allowed to sell their anymore?

So how many shoes does a seller have to get rejected by StockX before they're not allowed to sell their anymore?

I don't know. You should check their FAQ's.

But if a pair doesn't pass inspection, StockX will just grab the next pair in your size, examine those, and ship them to you if they're deemed authentic.

your thought process is incorrect. You need to think of Goat being the seller. Its their job to assure you are getting what you are purchasing. Personally i stopped using goat/stockx, bc i dont like them as a seller lol.

Goat and Stock-X are exchanges primarily, but also serve as clearinghouses. Their failure is not requiring sellers to post collateral in their latter capacity so there’s asymmetric settlement risk.

As a buyer, you can mitigate by purchasing from verified inventory (“Instant” on Goat), and the spread in prices can be thought of as the cost of insuring the settlement.

It’s dumb to me that that cost isn’t assumed by the seller… sets up moral hazard.

Goat and Stock-X are exchanges primarily, but also serve as clearinghouses. Their failure is not requiring sellers to post collateral in their latter capacity so there’s asymmetric settlement risk.

As a buyer, you can mitigate by purchasing from verified inventory (“Instant” on Goat), and the spread in prices can be thought of as the cost of insuring the settlement.

It’s dumb to me that that cost isn’t assumed by the seller… sets up moral hazard.

Seller doesn't get paid until they're authenticated. Buyer gets a refund if they fail authentication and a replacement isn't found. Not sure there's a risk to any party here.

Seller doesn't get paid until they're authenticated. Buyer gets a refund if they fail authentication and a replacement isn't found. Not sure there's a risk to any party here.
Just the buyer if they get a fake pair that passed authentication.

...but I'm sure that never happens.

Back
Top Bottom