ABC NEWS REPORT ON SNEAKER BUYING AND SELLING

I wasn't trying to point out any logic though
laugh.gif
. All I'm saying is the the cats that are messing it up for everyone else never watched Jordan play....
By messing up do you mean making shoes more expensive or harder to get?

The main kid in the video is more so a reseller than a actual collector. He showed that he even wears his (150 dollar)Ewings more than anything else so that alone lets you know hes just a reseller for the most part. The reselling is a part of sneaker collecting but its one of the most disliked aspect.

You can't change others doing that. But what you can do is not buy into the hype or support anything you feel wrong about(which you seem to be on your way to doing)

Let a bunch of these kicks sit. Don't comment on them on the blogs, don't read up on them, ignore it completely.  Nike will take notice.

I'm more mad at the fact they made Clark look like he was some self named sneaker street hustler when in reality he is so much more than that.

Last edited:
Back then wearing shoe got you stereotyped as a thug, now you're stereotyped as a punk *** ***** lol

da game has really changed

i saw these lil kid types for the first time when the stash air force 1's dropped back in 2006 and from there this hobby has slowly gone down hill

especially in the past 2 years

i cant wait for this hobby's bubble to burst

Makes you notice more(or just better) that there is more to life than kicks. Save that sneaker money for your future. Invest in your life. This fad is ending soon. Not saying don't buy kicks, but put it lower on your priorities.

straight up... this is some ol' bull ****...

they show preppy little white kids making money off the kicks.. showing their "hustle'

but turn and show hood black dudes who cant speak properly, and talk about them killing each other over the kicks...

:stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:

i hate to be that guy that brings race into it.. .but am i reaching?
Not at all

Worst of all is how the kid laughs after scamming the son of a deceased member of the military.

Hope he watched the report and realized how bad the whole thing made him look.

Last edited:
Worst of all is how the kid laughs after scamming the son of a deceased member of the military.

He cut a deal with the lady after a sob story and still got more than what he was actually seeking. How is that a scam? :rolleyes

What's bad is using her spouses death to negotiate a better price for a pair of shoes :stoneface: How many times do you think she's pulled that card?

I've heard all types of stories selling stuff over the past 4 years but no one has pulled the death card...in person let alone on camera

Last edited:
Back then wearing shoe got you stereotyped as a thug, now you're stereotyped as a punk *** ***** lol
laugh.gif
 My mom had a fit when I got my sister to buy me Nike Air Spats in black and white. She thought any thing that looked like cortez were cholo shoes and forbid it...oh mom.

Kid would have gotten a fat discount if it was me. Sorry... but I got extra love for our law enforcement and Military peoples.

These are the people that give up their lives so little snots like him can live in this wonderful capitalistic society and make money selling bull **** nobody needs.

Last edited:
He cut a deal with the lady after a sob story and still got more than what he was actually seeking. How is that a scam?
eyes.gif

What's bad is using her spouses death to negotiate a better price for a pair of shoes
indifferent.gif
How many times do you think she's pulled that card?

I've heard all types of stories selling stuff over the past 4 years but no one has pulled the death card...in person let alone on camera
Yeah that was pretty odd

So you're ok with their sacrifice being used as negotiation tactic?

How do you know she was telling the truth?

In their eyes they did get a discount which is why she brought it up....so how is the kid in the wrong? :rolleyes

So you're ok with their sacrifice being used as negotiation tactic?

How do you know she was telling the truth?

In their eyes they did get a discount which is why she brought it up....so how is the kid in the wrong?
eyes.gif
I've never heard of somebody using that card for a pair of sneakers. It was actually kind of creppy and the son looked nervous.

He cut a deal with the lady after a sob story and still got more than what he was actually seeking. How is that a scam? :rolleyes

What's bad is using her spouses death to negotiate a better price for a pair of shoes :stoneface: How many times do you think she's pulled that card?

This is what I was thinking... It was tasteless on her behalf, and actually left her volunerable and thinking she's going to get some kind of "mercy" off of using that line, weather it's true or not. I see it almost like panhandling.

No such thing as a free lunch.

If she's teaching her kid that this is how you get what you want, she's doing way more wrong than the seller did...

The fact is sneakerhead is high school thing. After 20 your just a collector and with the sneakerheads it hard for a collector to enjoy

Though I can't blame that one kid for his hustle.

Last edited:
Reactions: OTG

Yeah that was pretty odd

I know this is a stretch for NT... but...
Just try and put yourself in the mothers shoes....

Was it a classy dignified move on her part... not really :rolleyes

But Im not mad at her. Shes just desperate...

Her stationed husband just died and she probably has no idea what direction her and her sons life will be headed in the next year.

She wants nothing but to make her kid happy and she is probably on an extremely restricted budget.

Its situations like this that really get my goat and showcase resellers as THE biggest problem in the sneaker community ... that military kid left the scene with ONE pair of shoes that his mom obviously broke the bank on, while the rich little snot was bragging about dropping $1700 on sneakers and still having plenty of cash left.

Last edited:

Yeah that was pretty odd

I know this is a stretch for NT... but...
Just try and put yourself in the mothers shoes....

Was it a classy dignified move on her part... not really :rolleyes

But Im not mad at her. Shes just desperate...

Her stationed husband just died and she probably has no idea what direction her and her sons life will be headed in the next year.

She wants nothing but to make her kid happy and she is probably on an extremely restricted budget.

Its situations like this that really get my goat and showcase resellers as THE biggest problem in the sneaker community ... that military kid left the scene with ONE pair of shoes that his mom obviously broke the bank on, while the rich little snot was bragging about dropping $1700 on sneakers and still having plenty of cash left.

Fair points. Just depends on perspective, I guess. But still...

Its not bursting anytime soon so you'll get over it. I have.

Unfortunately I think your right
Its not bursting anytime soon so you'll get over it. I have.

Unfortunately I think your right

I give it 2 more years tops.

Tops... as soon as these HQ "grey markets" and "replicas" start getting shipped to the US in droves the game is OVER.

:lol:

Just like Beanie Babies, Pokemon cards, and all other "collectible" crap industrys... High quality counterfeits mean the beginning of the end.

Last edited:
I've never heard of somebody using that card for a pair of sneakers. It was actually kind of creppy and the son looked nervous.

I've heard it ALL for sneakers and clothing but only online...never face to face. The stories get wilder during the holidays.

My question was how was the seller in the wrong? The kid came there to hustle not get hustled. And lets not forget that was an ADULT using that story on a CHILD.

The sellers mom wasn't shown at all...how do we know she didn't die? :rolleyes

The son had on a pair of $250 pink foamposites so it's safe to say he's not hurting for kicks and the budge isn't that restricted.

Rich little snot has enough smarts/ambition to take the money his pops gave him and flip it to buy more kicks while the other leaned against the wall while mommy negotiated.

And shoe companies are a bigger "problem" than resellers.

Terms like "sneakerhead" and "game" make me cringe. Can't knock the hustle though, if people willing to pay.

Reactions: OTG
Back
Top Bottom