ADVICE: 38 YEARS OLD W/ J 'S........

I had to come in here. lol im 37, and everything that i'm into other grown ups hate. i'm still a big kid and I wont stop loving what i do for anythingor anybody. my Interest are Grafitti (been doing it since 83) bmx freestyle bikes (been into that since 85) skateboarding as well, sneakers, comic books,japanese anime, video games, clothing (yes still rocking early 90's polo, benetton, cross colors etc.) my love for hip hop, and salsa music(im pr) culture,fast cars, I collect action figures, as well as basketball cards. and trust me when I tell you, there's a ton of dudes our age that are still doing whatthey love.
I never believed in stopping what i love because of my age. funny how girls used to tell me that i was so childish because I love cartoons, but one day I askedthem "who the hell do you think draws these characters, 10 year old kids?????? she looked at me with a confused look and i said "ADULTS DO"
laugh.gif
the bottom line is your never too old to what you truly love. wearyour kicks daily, be that kick/jordan fan forever because that's who you are, that's who we all are. never let anything like age, or other peoplesaying that your "too old" get in the middle of what you do. look at tony hawk for examle, the guy is in his 40's still skating. i know guysin there mid 40's early 50's still doing grafitti.
i still tell kids in my neighborhood "AINT NO SHAME IN MY GAME"
laugh.gif

I had the same dilemma and I am only 32 years old. I'm married and have a 2.5 year old and a 10 month old. I'm also a teacher, so I can't reallywear jordans to school everyday. I ended up selling almost all of my jordans and kept only a few, but I mostly kept the ones I had that really had limitedvalue. I don't regret selling my jordans, because I knew that they would just be sitting in my closet collecting dust and I really don't have theopportunity to wear them at all. The shoes I might regret down the road selling were all of my retro Jordan XI (1 concords, 2 columbias, 3 spacejams, 1 bred).However, as you get older, your priorities change and I just can't afford to spend $$$ on shoes like I used to. I still buy shoes every now and then, but Imostly buy Air Maxes now.

Originally Posted by OthelloxTwon

that's a tough one man. I say just keep the rare stuff and let go of the kicks you can find anywhere. but easier said then done I guess

Thats what im trying to do now..... sell the stuff i can find easy.... and try to get all the gems when you can. You will never regret picking up a "holygrail" or a one of a kind shoe.

My dads 50 and he still buys/collects/wears Jordans and Nikes, he loves it as do I. Do whatever makes you happy sir

if you want to retire then do it but just dont sell the jays, all those memories will be gone and trust me you will try to buy them again

I'm 23, and I'm definitely slowing down a bit, mainly due to a lack of good products this year, and I need to save for graduate school. I'llprobably sell off all of my extras in the next couple of years. I will continue to collect, but I probably won't spend as much each year on Js as I'vedone in the past. My advice for you would be to sell off any pairs that you don't really feel attached to, and keep your favorites.

i regret everything ive ever sold , and sometimes you cant get that same pair back at the price your willing to spend.

when i get my life off the ground im only 19 i can see my self buying more sneakers , and clothes as long as my girl , and the kids
are taking care of.

Originally Posted by KB8virginia

I'm 38 years old with a loving wife and a 8 month old daughter. I have roughly 50 pairs of sneakers mostly Jordans, have Kobe's, Barkley's, Penny's you name it. I've been with the sneaker collection business for about 5 years now since I migrated to the States. Of all those 50 pairs, seldom do I use them, they're all kept in the box overcrowding my closet, and 2 other closets. This past several weeks, I've been considering/thinking about retiring from this but sometimes I just could not resist!!!! Considering my age and the current crisis, DO YOU THINK IT'S WISE TO HANG IT UP, SELL MOST OF THESE 50 PAIRS AND GET ON WITH LIFE?? But on the other hand, I might regret in the end for getting rid of my J's.... what do you guys think?? I could earn some money from this and just stop buying sneakers!! DO YOU THINK I'M TOO OLD FOR THIS STUFF? HELP ME GUYS THINK....I APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP!!
If this is your passion then you probably will regret selling them. If it's just something you do, it probably won't matter, but the merefact your asking for advice should let you know this a passion, and passion just never goes away. I mean I hope that when I eventually die at very old age mypeeps bury me with the freshest J's on my feet!

I'm 29 now (30 this year). I've been married for almost 2 years and we have a 10 week old baby boy. I have roughly 200+ shoes and it's taking upmost of our "extra" room which is also the baby's room. My wife enjoys shoes and she even camped out with me when she was 37 weeks pregnant toget the 11/12 pack. With the way things are going I've had to slow down some of my purchasing habits and that's ok. I'm really fortunate that JBhasn't/isn't putting anything out worth buying for a little bit. I do want to sell off some of the shoes that I haven't even seen in a few yearsbut nothing that I know I would really like to have in a few years or something that I'd like to give my son. My family is my priority and we're alltaken care of. I'll continue to buy Jordan's but I've started buying more functional dunks lately. I love shoes, always have, always will. Ifit's a passion you'll never be able to change it.

Im 26 and sold a lot of heat last year thinking I was done. Huge mistake. Id kill for some of the shoes I sold back. Oh well

Thanks y'all!!! The thing is, just like other NTers out there, it's not only J's that I buy, even the retro Nikes that I was not able to buy when Iwas younger coz' I had no money that time. Now, you can buy any retro that you want. I buy retro Barkleys, retro Penny's, retro Penny's.....gosh!!What is Nike doing to me!!!!!

Originally Posted by PackersGotMe

Im just shooked half the cats saying there +28 have not been on NT for more than 2 years
this is the first computer i have owned and before that i had not even used one enough to know nt even existed before that im 35 and when i was ayouth they hardly had computers

Originally Posted by s dubl

Im 29 and love kicks, always have...always will. Cant see myself in anything else than a T shirt, jeans or shorts and some kicks.

Just re-evaluate your collection and see which pair you can do with out and sell those pairs.

If you really love shoes keep em...you might regret selling later.
c-sign big time

Originally Posted by s dubl

Im 29 and love kicks, always have...always will. Cant see myself in anything else than a T shirt, jeans or shorts and some kicks.

Just re-evaluate your collection and see which pair you can do with out and sell those pairs.

If you really love shoes keep em...you might regret selling later.
Took the words right out of my mouth. I sold all the crap I picked up along the years and sold them, kept all my classics and shoes that I thinkare dope. Now im very selective of what I buy. I dont go out and buy all of JB's crap they have released lately. I turned 28 in october by the way. Im alsomarried and have kids now, but I still love kicks, just be more selective and cut down a bit.

Back
Top Bottom