ADVICE: 38 YEARS OLD W/ J 'S........

I am 27 and married.

I don't buy as much as I did before, but will still buy a pair once in a while. I say if your habit doesn't get in the way of your family, then keepdoing your thing. If you got money to spare and your family is taken care of then I don't see anything wrong with picking up an extra pair of shoes here orthere regardless of your age.

I don't think you're ever to old to rock some jays. I remember going to the mall to get some stealth 23's and this 50 yr old dude was waiting forthe store to open, he had on some dmp 6's. If that's not pimp I don't know what it! Keep it young and fresh!

Wear each pair and you will know which to keep, but make sure you keep some. YOU WILL regret it otherwise....

32 year old attorney and NEVER quitting.

you wouldn't be to old for it no matter what people say its a hobby so keep it on my man post some pics.

I am 33 years old married with 2 kids and do not plan on quitting anytime soon. I am way more selective than i was in the past because of priorities, but ifsomething drops i want, then i buy it. Forget what anyone else thinks. Twenty years from now i plan on being a grandpa rocking crisp true blueIIIs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok.. I'm tired of seeing this up here... First of all..........Age has NOTHING to do with Passion.... I'm about your age and I love collecting shoes!!!especially vintage ones.. Your wife might give you a hard time but stick with it!!! I have friends who can't park their cars in their garage becausethere's just too many boxes... I know people who have to rent storage space to hide their passion from their spouse... You're not the only one.. Isay.... Do what you want and hold your head high.. I've been collecting since '87.. Do it for love and not because of what people think....

I am 42 and will never get rid of my shoes. I wear all of them I rotate them daily. Keep them if you can afford it.

now I dont feel so old anymore...I just turned 36 myself..but unlike others I am single...no baby mamas no nothing, just me my kicks and my other hobbies. Iknow its much different.

But I do not COLLECT...I only buy what I like. I do sometimes fall into the hype and pick up a pair I dont really like but majority of my kicks are pairs Ireally like..and I wear them. I love the old air maxs, barkelys, air trainers, the new stuff I like the hyperdunks and the cross trainer/running air maxs andJordans I am pretty selective on which one I own. I guess I can echo what everyone else said. Maybe quit..but dont sell. You amassed this collection noENJOY it.

I dont think I will ever sell mine either. I am going to be a 65 y/o rocking my XX3 playoffs..or my Neon AM95s with my walker.

i recently sold off my collection 6 months or so ago and i dont regret it at all. im 20 now but ive always been into sneakers as far back as when i was ingrade school. i started collecting in '02 and the most pairs ive had at once was about 80 pairs or so, 50-60 of them i could care less about and i realizedthat when they were just sitting in my room, in the boxes, most of them i hadnt even worn.....so what was the point? there were just too many so i startedselling those off, they were mostly air maxes, dunks, air forces and some of the less valuable jordans. i narrowed it down to about 20 or so solidkicks....columbias, grapes, '01 breds, '00 white/red V's etc......and still i had to many. and i realized i just couldnt wear a pair of shoes likecolumbia xi's because they were vnds and thus worth some money, how can you consciencely wear a pair of sneakers that you know you could get $250+ for?ESPECIALLY IN THE TIMES WE ARE LIVING IN.........so i sold off those, my grapes etc. and narrowed it down to about 10 pairs (of which i still only routinelywear 3). now i have all this money that i can save or spend on something i really want to do, for example this summer im traveling across country with somebuddies of mine something ive wanted to do and eventually would do but i can now because i have this money.

point is...i never thought i would sell my collection, ever....but i did because it just hit me one day that they are just sneakers and theres more to life. istill have my pennys, kamikazes, recently picked up the griffeys, 12's because those were the same shoes i wanted or had when i was back in grade schoolthey hold sentimental value and i have worn all of them at some point, no ds pairs. imo the collecting thing was a phase, an era that didnt necessarily startwith jordan but took off with him and i think after hearing about his induction into the hall of fame, its a fitting time for it to come to a close (for meatleast).

in closing, it sucks to let them go and give in to the change in both the sneaker game and your own life but you need to prioritize. you should sell them offkeep the pairs that truly mean something to you and just move on. im sure you can use the money for something and if not just save it but i guarantee you wontregret it, especially at your age you'll realize that having all those sneakers is not as vital a part of your life as you may previously thought.

I sold most of my ~90 pair collection when I got out of college in '06. As soon as I mailed out my black/cement III's and infrared VI's I knew Ihad made a huge mistake. I never wore them anymore, but I think the fact that I was always known as the dude that had EVERY JORDAN and I remember wearing thoseshoes in high school gave the shoes value beyond the money they were worth. So I started collecting again. I'm back up to about 40 pairs but now I have theurge to sell them all again...IDK what to tell you lol. I think I'm gonna try to get out and never look back. At the end of the day, you have to rememberthat a huge collection of shoes does nothing for you in life but take up space. What's the point of having 100 pairs of shoes? It just doesn't makesense at all, especially when you consider that if you sold all of those shoes you could probably put a down payment on a house! It only makes financial senseto collect J's with the intention to sell them 5-6 years later when they reach maximum market value.

I would keep the sneakers if you can. If you could support your wife and kids and have some money left over on the side, why not keep buying sneakers. It'sa hobby. Plus when Michael Jordan pass away imagine how much your Jay's will be worth then.

thnk of it this way my dad didnt own or even have a pair of shoes till he was ten. his now 50 and i buy him any shoe he wants. he wears all of them(except towork) and likes having an extra pair in the closet for a nice day. so just keep wat you really like. cuz you might regret it later.

Im 28, I dont plan to stop. I have take care of my responsibilities first, I make sure my family has food, clothes and shelter, make sure my bills and themortgage are paid on time and then I satisfy my shoe habit. I do things like save up for a certain pair that is coming out or sell some stuff on ebay. I managemy money well so that I dont take anything away from my family. As long as you have the space for them keep it up. During the week I dress up to go to work, Ihave too but I look forward to the weekends when I can just slip into a fresh pair of Js and hit the mall the park or where ever I am going that weekend andturn heads.

Theres going tobe days when wearing a nice pair of sneakers come up and you will regret not having a nice pair of Jordans to wear!

Back
Top Bottom