After 35 years, freedom in sight for Florida man exonerated by DNA evidence

Originally Posted by C5A5D5A5

Originally Posted by FlyJr22

these guys don't get very much only 500,000 i believe, that aint $*%#

Florida last year passed a law that automatically grants former inmates found innocent $50,000 for each year they spent in prison. No legislative approval is needed. That means Bain is entitled to $1.75 million.

He's getting $1.750

indifferent.gif

If you're being sarcastic, you aren't funny.

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

^
I hope he truly does get the compensation he is entitled to. But, I did read in some articles that the Florida laws are messed up when it comes to the compensation to these types of cases and that they have denied exonerees their full compensation rights in some cases.
smh.gif
son had to fight just to get out of prison..now watch them make him fight just to get his money..after they stole 35 years of his life
tired.gif

There is no justice in our system, even till this day. The only thing that would make things somewat better if that was me, would be a huge amount of moneywhich imo the man deserves, the state of florida literally killed this man.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

no amount of money will ever pay back 35 years
Exactly. And just imagine those who have been wrongly executed. If any of you ever have time, watch the movie "At the Death House Door".Completely changed my view on the death penalty.

Originally Posted by NationalTruckerDave

Florida last year passed a law that automatically grants former inmates found innocent $50,000 for each year they spent in prison. No legislative approval is needed. That means Bain is entitled to $1.75 million.

He's getting $1.750

indifferent.gif

youre reaching. log off sport.

Damn, the governor of Florida should get on his knees and hand this man a check for his $1.75 million for what he had to go through. Wow....i would of offedmyself is this is what happened to me!

Originally Posted by NationalTruckerDave

He's getting $1.750
indifferent.gif

Reading is fundamental, son.

In HS, in my law class, we had this guest speaker who spent 20+ years in jail and got free'd by DNA evidence, he was NOT even read his rights when arrestedand was made to confess by the police. It was so sad
smh.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Essential1

That's why I am against the death penalty...

I disagree with damn near everything you've ever written, but I'm with you on this one. If even one case like this exists, then how can be be puttingpeople down?

Maaaan. Naaaaaaaaaah.
smh.gif

I would've blown some +%#+ up by now if I was dude. 35 years is just outrageous. This dude has seen NOTHING.

hes getting 1.75 million , even if it was 20 million, no amount of money can make up for the loss of 35 years of freedom

i thought ppl that were wrongly accused that served that long got at least a mil for every year they were in prison????

Glad he's getting out, but 35 years falsely imprisoned?

No words.
smh.gif

I get mad because im going to miss out on a party, because i have to study. SMH

I saved that last dudes pic that got 9 years. His emotional display in the courtroom was heartfelt. I look back on it to remind me that sometimes life notfair.

Originally Posted by Friendliest Ghost

Originally Posted by Essential1

That's why I am against the death penalty...

I disagree with damn near everything you've ever written, but I'm with you on this one. If even one case like this exists, then how can be be putting people down?

That's the problem because I know we have executed innocent people before and we will do so in the future... It's a tough situation because there arepeople who deserve to be executed for the crimes they commit..

But then I think that the sentence of life in jail may be far more of a punishment than being executed.. Yeah you're alive but it's not like jail isthe free world...

Some topics are so damn complicated i.e. Death Penalty, Education..

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

What's even worse is, who knows what he could have accomplished in 35 years had he not been in jail.

He could have made a vaccine for a disease or anything, possibilities are really endless.

Our judicial system sucks on stuff like this. We'd be better off with Dirty and Meth prosecuting cases in real life. Atleast they're fair.

indifferent.gif
Get out......
2957lfp.jpg

Originally Posted by DSteezy

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

What's even worse is, who knows what he could have accomplished in 35 years had he not been in jail.

He could have made a vaccine for a disease or anything, possibilities are really endless.

Our judicial system sucks on stuff like this. We'd be better off with Dirty and Meth prosecuting cases in real life. Atleast they're fair.

All right, let's not get too extreme here.

Four times Bain submitted handwritten motions seeking such testing, only to be denied. His fifth try was successful only after an appeals court ruled that he was entitled to a hearing.

smh.gif

i thought i had it bad...

*pusha* 25 is the same thing as life *pusha*

i feel for those who slip through the cracks of the justice system.

Back
Top Bottom