Air Jordan 1 High OG Black/Gray aka Shadow 1's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's true, just backwards lol.

The softer the leather, usually the better quality it is and the less it creases.

Harder, cheaper leather creases more. Example being the new Jordan 4-5 white leather on grapes and WC4.

But hey, that's just my opinion, lol.
it definitely all opinion.. i think softer leather (banned 1s, royals, las vegas) creases more naturally (?) like the leather is so soft that the shoe kinda creases all over and not just where the shoe flexes.. harder leather creases in a more unnatural and ugly way to me (chicago 1s, fire red 5s, bugs bunny 8s) like the creasing looks out of place since the rest of the shoe tends to look perfect where it doesn't flex.. but like you said, that's just my opinion lol

Last edited:
Well that's true, just backwards lol.

The softer the leather, usually the better quality it is and the less it creases.

Harder, cheaper leather creases more. Example being the new Jordan 4-5 white leather on grapes and WC4.

But hey, that's just my opinion, lol.
lol really? Not sure if it creases less. Maybe less pronounced because its more softer. Usually though a great leather will already have small, wrinkles or creases already. My RTTG LVs were already creased out of the box though they were DS.

We are all allowed to our opinions lol. Otherwise, nothing much else to talk about hah.

Last edited:
I just feel like Jordan 1's with better quality leather don't get those deep black prominent creases in them that catch dirt, specially like the J's mentioned (white 5's, 4's, 8's) while the softer leather has smaller less prominent creases.

You just rarely see those dark deep creases in finer leather shoes.

Think beater banned 1's vs. Beater AF1's. probably a better example.

I honestly like when the toe box and heel have light worn fine line creases in them, gives the leather and in turn the shoe character.

Can you guys vouch for this site?
Natterjacks is 1000% legit, I live in London, I've bought from them before and also they have a store that I used to go past everyday, no worries there, but i dont know how there customer service is for handling orders internationally but 100% legit anyways

Natterjacks is 1000% legit, I live in London, I've bought from them before and also they have a store that I used to go past everyday, no worries there, but i dont know how there customer service is for handling orders internationally but 100% legit anyways
they are a reputable source but as far as handling orders from the U.S. they Fail. 

I'm going to be visiting London in a couple of weeks, I'm going to check this store out. Are there any other stores you recommend?

Where u at in Jersey?

MOST retros fly off the shelves but some spots still had the Squadrons and Crimson for a while.

As far as the 1s go, the NA versions were hard to cop out here since most locations only had one or two FSRs. That includes HOH, FTA, and local boutiques. I'm still surprised I got 2 pair of Royals, Black Toes, and Shadows at retail or close to it.

I'm in northern nj (Essex county) and my experience is that retros fly off the shelves at footlocker foot action champs etc but local stores such as takeover (in my town) and others which aren't the big chains tend to have them sit and even go on sale

I'm in northern nj (Essex county) and my experience is that retros fly off the shelves at footlocker foot action champs etc but local stores such as takeover (in my town) and others which aren't the big chains tend to have them sit and even go on sale

U got a phone # for this place?

U must be from Bloomfield/Montclair if you mentioning Takeover. I like that spot for non-hyped releases. Any time they post on IG about a hyped up release it's a wrap, especially if they let you camp out :smh:.

Sneaker Room in JC and Sneaker Hub in UC are some other spots to keep an eye on, I got my Royals from them. Civilized Nation as well in Bloomfield/Paterson still has a few pair of 1s (Vegas, Chicago, Clovers).

was on vacation last wk so i didn't get to post but rec'd mine last Thursday, man these are straight buttery... many said similar if not the same as black toes on quality and materials, but my pair of shadows the leather actually looked better, softer, and less stiff than the black toes...imo....so glad i was able to get them...love the black soles too... nice shoe all around sleeper pickup of the year... aside from the obvious royals and 88s, then black grapes, & the fire red 4s, these are climbing the 2013 list quickly...

Maybe you should buy another pair and those probably won't crease. First pair must have been defective.

You should call the Nike rep ASAP, They always take returns for creased pairs, they even give gift cards.

Don't listen to these fools, Jordan's 1's actually come with a "non-crease guarantee" go check the bottom of the box. It's under that black sticker.

lol
LOL ...Thanks for recognizing my sarcasm.  You know what though?  I see posts on here that are dam near as ridiculous as mine was...and they are serious. lol

pimp.gif

since you bought the clovers you need to get the Knicks brah
Unless he's a Celtics fan and hates the Knicks.

:pimp:

since you bought the clovers you need to get the Knicks brah
Unless he's a Celtics fan and hates the Knicks.

As a Bulls fan I hate both but I would still like to add the Celtics to my collection. I have a hard time wearing my Knicks since they also remind me of the Mets, who I hate as well. I had to cop throwback Cavs and Broncos hats in order to feel comfortable about wearing them :lol:

I'm going to be visiting London in a couple of weeks, I'm going to check this store out. Are there any other stores you recommend?
Foot Patrol, 1948, Meteor Sports (A Bit of a rape on prices but never the less), Sports dimension and Lock'd in Shepherds Bush West London. Enjoy your time here 
glasses.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom