Air Jordan 1 x UNION LA Thread

Just got my Leather pair from Union. First impressions are that I feel something hard and uncomfortable right here and I’m not even wearing my thinnest socks. Putting my hand in the shoe, I can feel a hard point underneath on both sides. I’ma walk around more later but I’m a bit concerned.
070FC51F-6035-4B29-B1E5-79241D7B4D18.jpeg

i just think canvas kicks are dope

and we never see them rly on a dope model or a collab excluding that one travis force

big spring summer vibe

Just got my Leather pair from Union. First impressions are that I feel something hard and uncomfortable right here and I’m not even wearing my thinnest socks. Putting my hand in the shoe, I can feel a hard point underneath on both sides. I’ma walk around more later but I’m a bit concerned.

You might need to go half size up. At least that's my experience with shoes causing the same issues in the past.

My canvas pair has the same thing. It’s the insoles. Pull them out and you’ll see. They’re insanely chunky. Like waaaaay too thick. They’re like 2 insoles stacked on top of each other. I swapped in some AJ1 insoles and the shoes instantly fit perfect and felt like normal Jordan 1 lows. To be fair, I don’t know if the leather pair has the same thick insole, but I’m betting it does.

Edit - and for me the solution would not be .5 up because I can tell my heel would be sliding right out, even tied tight. These at tts *just* keep my heel locked in.

My canvas pair has the same thing. It’s the insoles. Pull them out and you’ll see. They’re insanely chunky. Like waaaaay too thick. They’re like 2 insoles stacked on top of each other. I swapped in some AJ1 insoles and the shoes instantly fit perfect and felt like normal Jordan 1 lows. To be fair, I don’t know if the leather pair has the same thick insole, but I’m betting it does.

Edit - and for me the solution would not be .5 up because I can tell my heel would be sliding right out, even tied tight. These at tts *just* keep my heel locked in.
I’ll give that a try. The length is perfect for me too but I’m feeling it when I walk. Good thing I have some spare insoles and maybe these will work better in another pair

Wild that union makes such drastic changes that it makes pairs basically unwearable and uncomfortable. I really like the looks of most of their collabs but the structural changes to insoles and the tags on the twos are decisions that to me say they don’t do nearly enough testing and QC.

wore the leather pair the other day and had blisters all around. I got TTS which is my usual AJ1 high size (even tho I can see some people go half size down on AJ1 lows).

I think the issue like everyone said is the thick insoles. It really props your feet and makes the upper feel tighter. And the thick pipe stitching on AJKO's makes it hurt even more. I had some pain on the toebox part that was circled above. Sizing up would only make a lot of heel slippage. I will wait till my feet heals and then I'll throw some thinner insoles and see if that solves my issue. Otherwise, its a shame that these don't hold up to regular AJ1 lows fit. I have no issues in my neutral grey 1 lows which I was hoping these would replace.

Surreal to read once AGAIN union makes shoes that literally does the OPPOSITE of the core function of the product. So crazy! Saying this wearing a Union hoodie (white dunk contest leaner in the 2s) and Noir 4s lol.

Wild that union makes such drastic changes that it makes pairs basically unwearable and uncomfortable. I really like the looks of most of their collabs but the structural changes to insoles and the tags on the twos are decisions that to me say they don’t do nearly enough testing and QC.

wore the leather pair the other day and had blisters all around. I got TTS which is my usual AJ1 high size (even tho I can see some people go half size down on AJ1 lows).

I think the issue like everyone said is the thick insoles. It really props your feet and makes the upper feel tighter. And the thick pipe stitching on AJKO's makes it hurt even more. I had some pain on the toebox part that was circled above. Sizing up would only make a lot of heel slippage. I will wait till my feet heals and then I'll throw some thinner insoles and see if that solves my issue. Otherwise, its a shame that these don't hold up to regular AJ1 lows fit. I have no issues in my neutral grey 1 lows which I was hoping these would replace.

I had to sell my Union 2s. That tag was miserable. And yeah, Union just does not think about wearability AT ALL. But I promise swapping in AJ1 insoles fixes it completely for me. You’ll be happy with the shoe with that simple change. That fat insole is just ridiculous and zero thought went into what they were doing with it.

Also - feel like I just got a great deal on the leather pair (currently have the canvas and want both). I got them for $180 shipped, which feels like a steal when they were about $170 shipped from Union. So basically $10 over retail. I’m happy with that and will have them next week. Will be swapping those insoles immediately :wink:.

Pinching on the little toe was an issue for me on the 2021 CHI’s too…Got my normal normal Jordan 1 size in those…Went .5 up from my normal 1 size in these and they fit perfectly…Talking about the canvas pair though…Don’t have the leather pair so maybe those aren’t as forgiving…

label was created on friday and marked for next day delivery but probably missed the pick up deadline
leather pair from initial drop getting delivered today

Finally got these both in hand from the initial Union drop and I have to say I prefer the canvas over the leather. The white is a better look on these and as said before in the thread the canvas is going to be a great summer shoe. Its just going to be a matter of keeping them gleaming white all summer long

Back
Top Bottom