Air Jordan 2010 Topics MERGED!

those are 2 ugly
sick.gif
sick.gif

my first impression was still
sick.gif
, although they def. look alot better than that initial image we saw of a black/cement c/w. one thing about jb, they always dosuch a great job of tying in the story and inspiration behind the design of the new sig shoe. it kinda makes u "feel" the design more. i must say, itlooks like they tried to make it resemble a designer sneaker, kinda like a prada/gucci hybrid, if u can understand what i mean, especially shape anddesign-wise. which makes sense on some levels, i guess, considering the current high end fashion footwear trend. it looks like u may be able to get into a clubwearing these that u would not be able to get into wearing retros to, for instance. at the end of the day tho, this is supposed to be a basketball shoe and ithonestly looks like anything but.

there are some things i like about the shoe. i think it has the potential to do much better than the 2009, which as we all know was a complete disaster and thepoorest performing sig jordan to date sales-wise. i'm guessing the price will be around $180, which is obviously not in jb's favor especiallyconsidering the ever-looming recession and there is no new groundbreaking technology of note. that means the only things the 2010 has to fall back on arematerials (doesn't look too impressive save for the "windows," which are kinda cool, but also pretty gimmicky), comfort and on-court performance.so as always we will have to wait and see

Originally Posted by GZA73

smh @ what JB has become. These are trash! only one model in the last 5 years has been great--XX3

don't forget about stealth XXs

Originally Posted by Method Man

Incredibly tacky - I'm glad my collection ended at 23.

I expect a gaudy elephant print sock as a pack-in. They're just that predictable now.

The flimsy "storyline" about MJ letting you see something, but not everything, is stretched further than the skin on Joan Rivers' face.

"Michael Jordan lulled players in and defied their expectations... so we put a cheap plastic window on the side of the shoe so they'll stand out on
cluttered shelves unlike the 50 megaton bomb that was the 2009."

I used to love Air Jordans so much when I was a kid. It's depressing to see the line unravel like this.

this is true, also.

which brings me to my verdict... i like them, but i don't like them. def. don't see any serious potential chance of me actually copping these, even onsale.

Originally Posted by nkwu11

Originally Posted by Philosophre

Thanks for the link. If you choose the "Transparency" link, it almost explains why the window is there. Still hoping for some sort of shoe sock. Or no more purple socks for me.
I can appreciate all the work into the shoe and like a lot of what they did (or the ideas). As I said before, I think the colourways will make it look a lot better (EDIT: Like that Anniversary all whtie joint, I can mess with that). But there's no way in hell I can appreciate that stupid window. The story behind it, like the story behind so many features that have been put in different shoes or other products is great.
I agree with most of that. There was definitely a lot of thought, engineering and advancements in the actual functionality of the shoe. I'mactually very curious to try on a pair just to see how they feel. The independent toe box reinforcement sounds crazy (in a good way). However, the actualoverall design leaves a lot to be desired. I understand that an Air Jordan is a basketball shoe first and foremost (a concept that seems to be lost upon manyJordanheads), but that's been true for ALL AJs, yet most of them (the earlier ones, anyway) were able to display a timeless design while retainingperformance, so why couldn't these?

And I think that whole story behind the see-through window is just hokey. Jordan has usually added some kind of personal touch to the shoes, but the conceptfor why the window is there is just downright cheesy. BTW, here are pics featuring the Jumpman insignia filling the window. I wonder if this is somethingthat comes with the shoe, or if there was a design change.

air-jordan-2010.jpg

air-jordan-2010-black-red-xxv-2.jpg

air-jordan-2010-black-red-xxv-3.jpg

aj2010-newphoto-10-09-09-600x450.jpg

I'm sorry, but as I've said since these pictures surfaced a few months ago (and as others have pointed out in this thread), these look like somethingyou'd pick up at K-Mart, or Payless Shoes. As always, I'll reserve final judgement for when I see them in person, but as it stands right now, theylook cheap as hell. I'm mostly dissappointed that with Tinker back on board, JB is still failing in the design department. "There should besomething unmistakably obvious about what makes this a Jordan." Yes, Tinker, rather than easily mistaken for a $15 low-end department store shoe. Iguess even creative geniuses fall into a slump sometimes.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Method Man

The flimsy "storyline" about MJ letting you see something, but not everything, is stretched further than the skin on Joan Rivers' face.

Thank you. Duno where they came up with that bs . I'd rather see the Jordan Logo before this window crap and bs story . Tell Tinker the patent leather isover.

I actually like the silhouette and overall design and style of the shoes. It doesn't look huge and bulky like the past couple of AJ's.
The window is definitely stupid and a dumb gimmick, I'd rather see a jumpman logo in there or keep it simple and clean but it could be worse I guess.

The shoe looks like it will perform great though, and since I really do not wear Jordans casually anymore, I am all for it especially since the designisn't so bad.
Light, low to the ground, the ankle part is even cut like the XIV's, which I still believe is the best performing basketball shoe in the AJ line-up.
This might just be the shoe that takes the XIV's place as the best AJ on the court. I wouldn't mind paying $100-$120 for this shoe to ball in.

may have to check these out in person. If I see them in the outlets (which I most likely will), then I'll cop....

Originally Posted by encore2007

Love the technology, but I'm pretty sure the Lebron's & Kobe's perform better, and are cheaper.

They should take some of the innovation and put it into retros. (not like the True Flights)

It's a long time since new Jordans offered a performance level that matches their price.

I like em!...Looks comfy...Can't wait to ball in em...And who designed these?? Michael Jordan did who else...

Horrible....Damn what happen man, 09 were horribly bad, WHY not try to make a better sig shoe? these just came out horrendous
sick.gif
smh.gif

"Bottom-load zoom air" is it really better than regular zoom air? Wouldn't it be better to have your foot be closes to the zoom air than theground being closes to it?

I hope my opinion will change later on, but so far these are REALLY bad. And these videos don't sell shoes anymore. There's nothing to look forwardto with Jordan Brand anymore. Retros suck, Signature shoe sucks, quality sucks...

I'm curious....I'll check them out on RD......it depends on price for me.

COOK # 45
get fit.

i think tinker has lost it. happens to all the greats. they eventually use all their greatness up. even mj himself.

Strange shoe. Style is just not up to Jordan standards - unless you count the XV .
wink.gif
The peephole/porthole is just an awful gimmick. Without it the shoeswould look better. Still wouldn't be a great looking shoe. All that being said, I still basketball shoes for playing basketball. The stacked zoom isencouraging. If these shoes perform well, I will get a pair for playing basketball when they go on sale or hit the outlets (preferrable the all white or allblack so you don't see the porthole).

I just can't see these shoes being a sales success even with Wade helping to push them. For that to happen the shoes should look good/great for rockingcasually and perform well as an actual hoop shoe. This shoe will not appeal casually - especially at the $170 pricetag...

I just love reading everyone's comments on this shoe, and I have to agree with many of you.

Of all the AJ shoes that Tinker designed (3-15, 20, 23, 2010) there are only 3 that I didn't feel; the AJ X, because in my opinion there was nothingspecial about the shoe. No real tech-detail that stood out. All it was was a shoe with his stats on the sole, and it colorblocked well. the AJ XV, looked greatin pics, but in person, to me, it didn't feel like a quality product. It just felt cheap, in my opinion. And not there are these AJ 2010.

The problem for me is when designers attempt to build stories into shoes. Stories that are pointless. I don't know if anyone checked out the part in theVideo when they said that the "Carolina Blue" in the sockliner is supposed to represent MJ's love for North Carolina. The fact is, that foam thatis used, naturally comes in that color. Just go to your local store and take a pair of adidas basketball shoes, and pull out the sockliner, you will see thesame foam. Bottom loaded zoom air? I fail to see how that makes a difference than top loaded zoom air. In fact, I would think that if you play outdoor withthose shoes, or simply walk outdoor and step on something that pierces the rubber outsole, there goes your zoom air, where as if it were top loaded thiswouldn't happen. It is possible to trim millimeters off the midsole from the bottom too. I mean they actually said that the TPU window actually helps theshoe fit better. OOOOOOK.

In my opinion they are better than the 2009, I mean, the 2009 were on a major sale and I still didn't get them, but I fail to see how this shoe warrants a$170 price tag. Like one person said, my collection ended with the 23's, and will stay that way. Fact is, there is no need to buy new AJ's or anybasketball shoe every year unless you go through shoes that quickly. The game doesn't change that quickly. Athletes don't change that quickly. In thelast 30 years, I would say only MJ, Shaq, and Lebron, have changed the scope of the game because they were (are) physically gifted over others, so shoes HAD tochange to accommodate them. But now every year trying to come up with ANYTHING new and saying it enhances the Athletes performance, in my opinion, is garbage.I mean, I'm a designer and I'M getting tired of it. I would rather hear a designer say," this is a styling update, because our technology is sosound, we did not need to try and reinvent the wheel, or come up with performance stories to try and sell product." I mean what ever happened to the IPStechnology that was "so incredible", because it moved independently with the bones in the foot and whatnot? It appeared in the XX, XXI, and XXII, andnow it's back to regular zoom air bags?? This is exactly what I mean.

Peace.

The window seems like an ugly, minimalist take on the plastic mesh from the 5s.

Back
Top Bottom