Air Jordan 2012 First look.

Originally Posted by DMoney82

Tinker's 'MJ's new love for horses' inspiration is the worst load of crap I've ever heard in my life.
That explanation was not real...dude who mentioned it was being sarcastic.

It is really baffles me with all this new design technology Nike and Jordan has at their discretion...and continues producing mediocre new designs! We should be rocking LeBron's, Kobe's, Wade's, Melo's, CP3's sigs etc. but they all look like team sneakers...so retro Nikes and Jordans continue to sale for casual rocking heads...I guess that's the new business model in Beaverton these days!

The 1990's used old school designing principles with innovative designs that actually looked good during sports competition and casually in the streets...without the extensive catalog of Air Jordan retros...Jordan Brand would be another mediocre brand like Adidas and Reebok.

2012's are a Beaverton Tradegy!!!

THE SAMPLE WAS WAYYYYY BETTER... THESE ARE 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by ijapino

Tinker's 'MJ's new love for horses' inspiration is the worst load of crap I've ever heard in my life.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Boy thanks!! I was like man are you cereal ???

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by AB Doom

It is really baffles me with all this new design technology Nike and Jordan has at their discretion...and continues producing mediocre new designs! We should be rocking LeBron's, Kobe's, Wade's, Melo's, CP3's sigs etc.

the lebron 7's, 8's are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I can honestly say that my interest is peaked.  I will have to wait and see the finished product.  I do believe they will hit sales racks like the 2011's.  The 2011's were a good shoe though and I got all of them except for the Rabbit, All Stars, and the Jordan Brand Classics.  Got them all on sale too.  In fact I got the entire warrior pack for $225.  Can't beat the mom and pop spots with Jordan accounts.  

the 2010 were beast on court
the 2011 were beast on court
hopefully these will be the same

The XX3 was the last Air Jordan I really liked.

Thanks to the JB design team for saving me money every year since then...

The idea of these is pretty much like the Kobe's
- shell, removable bottie, flywire
- only difference is the customizable insole

There's just some Nike technologies that should never be used in Jordan products if they weren't the first ones to introduce them, namely flywire.  If you guys see the pattern in sloping downgrades of materials- Nike is cheapening out big time.  Soon enough all their products will have flywire or hyperfuse.  Leather and zoom will become extinct. 

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Boy thanks!! I was like man are you cereal ???

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
 I think the fact that it's actually kind of a believable explanation that I could totally see coming from Tinker, tells you something about how full of BS JB can be with the marketing sometimes.

Tried these on in the store today. They look much better in person. I like that the design is fairly simple and the lines are clean. The shoes felt pretty good on my foot and they are pretty light. Not sure about the Lunarlon though. I really like forefoot zoom with heel air or zoom. I'm pretty hesitant to try Lunarlon for hooping because of my knees. Maybe we'll get a performance review. Definitely not paying retail for these though.

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

^ How come all your posts look like a Haiku?

Im reading... reading... then reading some more... come across this....
and start 
roll.gif

I agree.. its crazy that this years model is actually a step back from past years models which are severe step backs.  The thing is there aren't many folks left at Jordan doing the Sig line because its primarily Kitchen duties..

Justin must not have cache yet but they should give him a chance because this is the worst yet.  I cant even say I think Mike saw this and said cool.

7f626766d67f600bf16cd72f4c6509f8fabd9b79_r.gif

Jordans should have that classic and high tech feel. not weird and overwhelming with an underwhelming design.

IMO, the 2011s hit it on target. but these? I don't know... the Melos look more of a sig Jordan. sorry.

All that visible flywire kills the shoe for me. I thought Tinker said they were going for a more luxurious handcrafted look while leaving the Nike Bball sigs to the high-tech looking stuff?

Back
Top Bottom