Air Jordan 5 "Grape" Aftermath Thread (No Buying/Selling or Trading)

House of hoops selling fakes Jordan's now.

View media item 401711
If I personally didn't get these from the store I would think they're sus off the back. Still salty and the cashier for not letting me switch up pairs. Just gonna have to suck it up I guess. /rant

^has nothing to do with HOH selling fake jordans. The quality control on Jordans is terrible.

View media item 401711
If I personally didn't get these from the store I would think they're sus off the back. Still salty and the cashier for not letting me switch up pairs. Just gonna have to suck it up I guess. /rant

i saw a video awhile back not sure if i saw it at sneakernews or in a thread here... basically there are large retail distributors that have contracts with variant producing companies and they mix the real stock with fake ones and sell to the public... and honestly i wouldnt be surprised... say your a buyer... what are the chances you return a suspect pair??? if you do return it... they will sell it again ASAP... and that person wouldnt know or care... something to think about.

That's a serious allegation my man. HOH is not a small mom & pops shop. Are you sure they're fake ?

^^^^^^^ I have heard rumours before as well, but that's about mom and pop shops. Not the big boys ! HOH is a big boy !

Last edited:

The Fire Red Vs earlier this year had the same issue with off-center jumpmen.  I got two pair from legit sources (Eastbay and JimmyJazz I believe).  One pair was off, one pair was good.  I returned the off pair.  It's just the chance you take messin' with JB these days.

Relax bro. Its just quailty control. I got my pair from hibbet sports and I too have a fat jumpman on one shoe and skinny jumpman on the other. They really have been too laxed but have been producing quite more shoes than usual so thats a good thing. Its all about give and take I dont know about you but I wouldnt mine a lil bad stitching over misspell

Looking at those photos, the in shape Jumpman has turned into a Fat Man based on lack of quality control!

Got mine in the mail today. They're really nice - but it was an impulse buy for me. You guys think anybody would trade these for some Bred 11's if I put cash on top? Really want to get my breds back. I'd probably be better off just selling these and buying some :lol:

can anyone tell me where to find the aqua grapes 5 jersey shirt?  tryin to avoid ebay been burned w fakes

just received my pair from DSG today i really love them. sold my 06 pair for 170 today hoping to help someone else out. i like the quality on these than the 06 pair honestly

That's a serious allegation my man. HOH is not a small mom & pops shop. Are you sure they're fake ?

^^^^^^^ I have heard rumours before as well, but that's about mom and pop shops. Not the big boys ! HOH is a big boy !

im not saying they are fake.. its just something to think about... i saw the video and had me thinking everytime I purchase a pair from a big retailer or online from a euro shop... video could be wrong so dont take what I say too seriously... all im saying is that it is something to think about.

Relax bro. Its just quailty control. I got my pair from hibbet sports and I too have a fat jumpman on one shoe and skinny jumpman on the other. They really have been too laxed but have been producing quite more shoes than usual so thats a good thing. Its all about give and take I dont know about you but I wouldnt mine a lil bad stitching over misspell

thats the thing... 90% of the buyers would not return a defective pair because the product is sold out and would not get another pair if returned.. just the money back.... jordan brand see's this and say's hey lets give them b grade quality shoes and it will still sell...

Most of all factories will not quailty control check their products individually if the first hundred pairs looks good they are going to bypass the next hundred pairs its all systematic I do agree with you for example when the lace and box the shoes an eye inspection should be done to seperate the
faulty pairs from the good pairs

roll.gif
 I didnt actually mean they were selling fakes. Obviously its a quality thing at JB sorry you guys couldnt read my sarcasm through the internet. My fault because it was through my phone so I was lazy to insert emoticons.

Yes it bugs me that my jordan was overweight. I honestly didnt have time to sit and complain anyways as I had a Disneyland trip with the fan so put it on hold while I picked up my shoes when they opened (guaranteed ticket).

Anyways, youre right there was no way they were not going to sell my pair had I returned it. Had I returned it, I probably would have to pay reseller prices just to cop.

My boys pair was just as bad. The black in toe area was crooked af up front. Smh at jb.

who cares if this guy stayed in line for 6 hours. Was he wasting your time? Its not really wasting time if he chose to do it. He chose the line over sleeping. Didnt affect my sleep, shouldnt matter to you.

Just got in my pair today from NDC.. I thought they were bigger.. At least go .5 sizes down.

Back
Top Bottom