Air jordan 7 Playoffs retro 2022 - 30th anniversary

Done right, one of if not THE most underrated pair of J's of all time IMO

When we first saw these debuted in Game 1 vs. Miami of '92 Playoffs we went wild :lol: - a lot of us thought he would be wearing the Bordeaux's he debuted at the ASG

gettyimages-223745-2048x2048.jpg

9ab3a24d27c2ecdd41b3f51f5600ab28.jpg

Seems like every rock-and-roll white guy wore the black-infrared 6s back then.

I've seen tons of pics online.

Not just metal guys...The 6’s and 7’s were the New Balance 99x of their time...Everybody from just about every walk of life had a pair...Black / Infrared 6’s and Playoff 7’s in particular were the ones people were really after but all the colorways got love...

To me, Mike reached the height of his popularity right after the Bulls won that first championship...Really took off globally with the Olympics in ‘92, and really didn’t start to come back down to earth until the end of the decade...People literally wanted to “Be like Mike” during those championship years in particular...I say it all the time but it’s hard to verbalize just how popular the man was...
”Popular” doesn’t even begin to describe it actually, to the point that unless you were alive at the time, then there’s no modern comparison to relate it to...

Not just metal guys...The 6’s and 7’s were the New Balance 99x of their time...Everybody from just about every walk of life had a pair...Black / Infrared 6’s and Playoff 7’s in particular were the ones people were really after but all the colorways got love...

To me, Mike reached the height of his popularity right after the Bulls won that first championship...Really took off globally with the Olympics in ‘92, and really didn’t start to come back down to earth until the end of the decade...People literally wanted to “Be like Mike” during those championship years in particular...I say it all the time but it’s hard to verbalize just how popular the man was...
”Popular” doesn’t even begin to describe it actually, to the point that unless you were alive at the time, then there’s no modern comparison to relate it to...
And it probably will never happen again like this, because today's athletes have to deal with social media tearing them down, debate shows arguing if Player A is worse than Player B, and the general BS of the internet in general. Mike was liked by (nearly) everyone - because it was cool, and it was easy.

Now if you love Lebron James for example you gotta spend half your time debating if he is better than _______ (usually MJ) and also arguing w old folks on whether his social cause statements were right and also whether he is a bum because he makes super teams to play with. It's an endless cesspool. Tune in tomorrow to ESPN to debate more and don't forget Skip and Shannon!

Back
Top Bottom