Air Jordan III Retro - Varsity Red/Cement Grey/Black-Varsity Red (All Star 2020)

Chi 3 is much better due to the Varsity Red
Speaking of the different versions’ reds, can someone please post direct side by side comparisons of the two versions? For the life of me I cannot tell a difference in the colors even on my huge tv.

Can anyone confirm if the shade of red is really different between the two? I honestly think they're the same lol.

Finally pulled these out of the box... so fire in person. The new shape and OG details are so legit. My favorite part is probably the thinner padding around the ankle.

I feel like JB owes us a redo on the 2018 Black Cements, but glad they made the changes before the White/Cements drop.

Someone post a comparison without filters. I'm interested to see as well.

PO
No difference imo
left - Air...right - chi
top - chi...bottom - Air

Not the best light, I know.
20200228_000426.jpg
20200228_000449.jpg

Finally pulled these out of the box... so fire in person. The new shape and OG details are so legit. My favorite part is probably the thinner padding around the ankle.

I feel like JB owes us a redo on the 2018 Black Cements, but glad they made the changes before the White/Cements drop.
I just walked in HOH and they had fsr sitting. I checked out the 13 they had and the ep was trash.
Saw these in person last week. Far from perfect for sure but the changes are hugely on the right track. The slimmed-down upper and the shoe's overall proportions, and the cut of the panels including the reduced size of the toe EP strip, is huge. If they could just improve the consistency between shoes, and improve a bit more on the EP color shades and the depth/size/coloring of the actual lines/wrinkles/print/whatever you want to call it, we'd be the closest we've ever been to where the retro IIIs should be. Come on, Nike/JB, just take that last half-step and cross the fuhking finish line.

Last edited:
Looks like these are the tax time Js this year. I've seen a few people copping them. Saw someone purchasing their family a few pairs yesterday while I was in Finishline.

Looks like these are the tax time Js this year. I've seen a few people copping them. Saw someone purchasing their family a few pairs yesterday while I was in Finishline.

That's what happens when people can actually buy Jordans.. Might be tax time but when drops were like 10-15 solid releases a year people would sometimes cop for the family around times like Easter, Holidays, etc.

Nah I wouldn't consider these the TAX TIME Js. A bit too early of a release, they been out for a little while now too with early/pre drops prior. No one is bum rushing to cop these. Still sitting in stores and sites. Hell.....even SNKRS has nearly a full size run on them. These red 3s are reverse, it's actually a shoe that had hype and most of would of assumed would sell out but didnt. I think a future release shoe next month (some people saying UNC 3s lol) would fit the description more timing wise when the bulk of the people really do receive their tax refunds. I consider a TAX TIME shoe a shoe that doesn't really have too much hype, may not be the most limited, may not be the most appealing colorway shoe, BUT....somehow sells out anyway and have people lining up or bum rushing to the stores to cop out of left field. Something that wouldn't sell out any other time, except a time when people have extra money just to blow just to spend some money for the sake of it........

It’s the truth though. Here in New Orleans...whatever shoe comes out around mardi Gras is the tax time shoe. This was it. A few years ago it was the red 6s for ASW

It’s the truth though. Here in New Orleans...whatever shoe comes out around mardi Gras is the tax time shoe. This was it. A few years ago it was the red 6s for ASW
So, I guess Mardi Gras has nothing to do with it a shoe selling?
Seeing that it’s a lot of tourist in the NO and surrounding cities

I really regret buying these, bought them from overseas so can’t even return them:ohwell:
debating painting them black but nervous.

Back
Top Bottom