Air Jordan III - WHITE/CEMENT GREY/BLACK/FIRE RED - 136064-105 - SPRING 2011

Originally Posted by Killajay209

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Originally Posted by jonwin

Originally Posted by SBCollector

Originally Posted by KidFlint13

after the madness/disappointment for me that was the cool grey 11 release. im gonna need a new game plan for thiis one
You won't need one, these are a GR and should be pretty easy to cop
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
good news to read
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Cool Grey XI's were a GR. They were WIDELY available too. It's just everyone and their mother, grandmother, sister, brother, cousin, and dogs came out to cop the Cool Grey XI's. These will be in the same GR boat, but will probably have a high demand. Nothing near the Cool Grey XI's though.

^^^the holidays was a big factor also/ but I remember back then when the fire red IIIs sold well but did not sell out on the first day in my area/ but im definitely coppin online first

true. true i guess im just shaken up from the CG's. i never witnessed hype like that before. spots sold out before they opened , mobs of people pushing and shoving and +%#% like that.

Originally Posted by Fatherless Child

Can anyone please give me a midsole review on these?? I don't care bout the box, hang-tag - just give me a non-cracking midsole.
I think the black mid-sole was done right this time, because they're not painted on as far as I can tell when I was holding them in hand last Tuesday. I purpose paid attention to that mid-sole. It's not the same as the CDP's, Fire Reds, Cool Greys and etc. I think that they learned there lesson on those releases.
pimp.gif

The leather is shinny like in the pictures and yes...it is real leather. I plucked the back of the leather and was able to see the suede backside of the leather, so there's not need to worry about that. It's is weird to see shinny leather on these, but I can live with that. Even though the leather is shinny it is quality leather. The leather is stiffer; especially the leather wear the plastic shoe string tabs/eye stays are. That leather is real hard like the Powder 9's that came out this year.

The tongue barely has any padding in it. When I squeezed the tongue it felt almost like an air bag with holes in it.

The overall shoe is good. No its, not the buttery soft leather of the 2003's, but I do believe that JB is trying to improve on the durability of his shoes. My Un DS pair of 03's creased easily on the tongues back in the day, so if this stiffer leather can help this out...I'm all in.

One of the best things about the shoes are that they were put together beautifully. I didn't see any of the glue crap/problems, uneven stitching, the elephant print was beautiful and had nice indentations in the elephant print, the tongues shape and stitching where the red lining and leather meet was straight (The tongues had a perfect arch on them, not a rigid arch like in the past, even my DS 03's aren't this straight) and etc. Basically these III's are well made and clean. I'll be able to deal with the shinny leather and the lack of padding in the tongue, because of the quality in the III's production. They're well put together shoes.

The shoe box is flimsy as all get out. This is due to Nike & JB trying to go more green with recycled paper. Luckily I don't care about the box as much as I do the shoe. You can notice the same flimsy box on the CG XI's box. JB's not the only brand going Green...even Puma's about to start selling their shoes in a bag vs. box next year. Everybody is getting more Eco friendly.

If I were to grade the total package (shoe and the packaging together) on a 1 out of 10 scale...I would give it a 8, but that's only due to the tongue not having more filling and the box not being made of thicker/more durable card board.

The shoes are decent, regardless of the shinny leather, lack of cushioning in the tongue and box. I say this, because I love the over all production quality. I hate glue shoes and these are nowhere near that. Yeah, there's a change in materials, but the change most likely means that we'll have shoes that last longer. I'm all in with shoes that last.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by friscojordan415

They are tight kicks, but not even close to the CGXI as far as hype and they will be much more readily available indeed.......probably cop 1 pair of these though
I hope you are right.

Originally Posted by sincere

Originally Posted by Fatherless Child

Can anyone please give me a midsole review on these?? I don't care bout the box, hang-tag - just give me a non-cracking midsole.
I think the black mid-sole was done right this time, because they're not painted on as far as I can tell when I was holding them in hand last Tuesday. I purpose paid attention to that mid-sole. It's not the same as the CDP's, Fire Reds, Cool Greys and etc. I think that they learned there lesson on those releases.
pimp.gif
The midsole IS painted!

My early pair which I have worn 5 times now since getting them late last month has been holding up good. I cannot see any cracking on these. Much better than my fire reds which cracked after 2-3 wears.

Talked to my dude early today and, he's gonna cop these for me on his discount, so now I'm gonna cop two of these for sure, one pair for retail and second pair for $113
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mikey23

Talked to my dude early today and, he's gonna cop these for me on his discount, so now I'm gonna cop two of these for sure, one pair for retail and second pair for $113
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Alright... it's Mr. Let Me Show You How My Deals > Your Deals.

Great job, breaghstein.

You wanna sing me a slow jam to bed? Rock my cradle, fam?

Originally Posted by BinYe

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Great job, breaghstein.

Lol, u come up with the craziest comments, fam

Originally Posted by BinYe

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Great job, breaghstein.

Lol, u come up with the craziest comments, fam
i agree.

dude's comments are easily the most bizarre ive ever read on NT
laugh.gif

Btw, ill also be getting one at retail price and a second for $115 after tax.

Originally Posted by sincere

The leather is shinny like in the pictures and yes...it is real leather. I plucked the back of the leather and was able to see the suede backside of the leather, so there's not need to worry about that. It's is weird to see shinny leather on these, but I can live with that. Even though the leather is shinny it is quality leather. The leather is stiffer; especially the leather wear the plastic shoe string tabs/eye stays are. That leather is real hard like the Powder 9's that came out this year.

The tongue barely has any padding in it. When I squeezed the tongue it felt almost like an air bag with holes in it.

The overall shoe is good. No its, not the buttery soft leather of the 2003's, but I do believe that JB is trying to improve on the durability of his shoes. My Un DS pair of 03's creased easily on the tongues back in the day, so if this stiffer leather can help this out...I'm all in.

One of the best things about the shoes are that they were put together beautifully. I didn't see any of the glue crap/problems, uneven stitching, the elephant print was beautiful and had nice indentations in the elephant print, the tongues shape and stitching where the red lining and leather meet was straight (The tongues had a perfect arch on them, not a rigid arch like in the past, even my DS 03's aren't this straight) and etc. Basically these III's are well made and clean. I'll be able to deal with the shinny leather and the lack of padding in the tongue, because of the quality in the III's production. They're well put together shoes.

The shoe box is flimsy as all get out. This is due to Nike & JB trying to go more green with recycled paper. Luckily I don't care about the box as much as I do the shoe. You can notice the same flimsy box on the CG XI's box. JB's not the only brand going Green...even Puma's about to start selling their shoes in a bag vs. box next year. Everybody is getting more Eco friendly.

If I were to grade the total package (shoe and the packaging together) on a 1 out of 10 scale...I would give it a 8, but that's only due to the tongue not having more filling and the box not being made of thicker/more durable card board.

The shoes are decent, regardless of the shinny leather, lack of cushioning in the tongue and box. I say this, because I love the over all production quality. I hate glue shoes and these are nowhere near that. Yeah, there's a change in materials, but the change most likely means that we'll have shoes that last longer. I'm all in with shoes that last.
pimp.gif

What about the toebox? Is it thin or a little thicker like the CDP's?

Originally Posted by AjAyS23

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Originally Posted by AjAyS23

just ordered these from sneakerape.com. just waiting for the confirmation.

so they are legit?

they are but I heard it takes a while for them to ship.

hmm I might go for those Space Jams they restocked, I really want a pair so I think I'm gonna sell my CG's for them...I missed out last year

Back
Top Bottom