Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

Toebox looked too boxy
seems like its either money nubuck with gray edges plus banana boat shape or better shape with raised height and less bulky toe but crappy nubuck with these fakes/ and apparent official pairs.

It wouldve been way too much of a head trip if one of the UAs hit on both ends (height and nubuck) but copping the obvious worse looking pair because its legit instead. At some point the justification is going to get paper thin

First time I felt true heartbreak was that playoff series. I was a Jordan fan ironically, but he broke my 7 year old heart when he hit the shot that May night and sent my Cavs (who had a good shot of winning it all because we were finally healthy and we still had Harper and hadn’t given him away for that scrub Danny Ferry) home for the summer. And yet I’m clamoring for this shoe...AGAIN...

You were 7 and a Cavs fan? I don’t consider myself a fan of anything until i’m much older and I’m more aware and follow the team more :lol:
I was 8 when it happened and all I remember was my older brother, uncles and dad cussin at the game so I went upstairs to my room to play Nintendo. Then I heard all screams I went back downstairs and saw that Jordan made the shot.

You were 7 and a Cavs fan? I don’t consider myself a fan of anything until i’m much older and I’m more aware and follow the team more :lol:
I was 8 when it happened and all I remember was my older brother, uncles and dad cussin at the game so I went upstairs to my room to play Nintendo. Then I heard all screams I went back downstairs and saw that Jordan made the shot.
Yeah, I got bit by the basketball and football bug young.Went to my first Browns game with my dad, my uncle, and my grandpa when I was 4, and my first basketball game with my uncle earlier in the '88-'89 season when we were playing the Lakers. So I saw Magic. Northeast Ohio is a strange area like that... Hell, I started watching wrestling when I was 3 and used to go to like 5 WWF shows a year as a kid. I was in the Family room watching the game with my G.I. Joes spread out in front of me and following the game and when he hit that shot, I immediately started crying. I was a busy kid, I liked a lot of things, it was the 80's, at that time I liked my Wrestling, basketball, football, Nintendo, playing army outside, G.I. Joe, Ninja Turtles, Comics,going to the arcade, MTV (thanks sis), and playing with my friends.

Oh wow, you can notice the red from the front of the tongue. Never noticed that before...
Yes, you can notice it because the tongue is so high and leaning forward. The red was not stitched to the top front of the tongue, it was stitched at the top rear. A very easy fix that JB continues to ignore. Screw the details right? Are the fact that these are now lowtops an easy detail to ignore? It's an entirely different freaking shoe...

Those are fakes right? They got the white lining and they don't have the white cardboard that comes between the tongue and heel like the pair from Champs got

Wow you guys did all that and low and behold even the OGs themselves appeared to have an “off centered” NA lol. Or am I seeing that wrong :nerd:. Looks off centered on the OGs just not quite as much as the ‘19. They’re close though. So maybe it was all intentional?
994048F0-15F5-4FCE-A696-A26927CEFAA4.jpeg

Last edited:
All I’m really seeing this that the “NIKE” is thicker and more front-facing on the OG, while it’s slightly “Italicized” and the check looks to be leaner on the ‘19 version.

I think the swoosh design being thicker on the left maybe give the illusion of it being off to the left.

When I look at the NIKE, swoosh, and AIR individually they all look centered.

I think the “AIR” font on the ‘19 is just a tad larger than it should be and also spaced further apart thus causing the entire logo to look off centered.

I was a huge bulls fan as a child. I'm talking as early as 6 years old. Had a jordan jersey, bull hat, grape 5s. My fourth grade yearbook picture im wearing a dreamteam shirt.... Prior to that I was in catholic school....

Back
Top Bottom