Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

I was surprised there was no issue with bday coupons today, (Champs straight shot me down last time) able to use at FTL & FTA today. $189.44 out the door.. :nthat: Even saw a sign at FTA saying no discounts on new releases, asked dude and he said, “Yeah, you can use it on these!”

Hmmm you think so? I'm around the same age as you but been into sneakers earlier since elementary around the 90s. I have the opposite experience than you. It was way easier to cop sneakers back then. Less people were " sneaker heads" and the resell game isn't like what it is now, it's just a full blown culture now. Everyone and their mom on social media is a reseller/sneakerhead. It was easy coppin kicks back then, it's much harder now. I mean cmon...there wasn't even "raffles" and " apps" back then. Getting shoes now is like running through a circus.

I see what your saying, maybe true in some different areas? I’m in the Bay Area so there were a bunch “sneaker heads” but I agree 100% most definitely for sure less “sneaker heads”. for me, being around 16ish when I started, everything was all lining up, camp outs, etc. Most the time even showing up crazy early didn't do anything LOL. Either that or it would be a hot mess where crowds ruin the whole thing and bum rush the opening. Then paying resale at 16-20ish forget it LOL. I was working retail as a teen so that wasn’t happening. Everything seemed so limited back then? At least my experience. Now we got apps, foot sites, etc where I can do that in my pajamas hahaha, I’ll take that anyday then the old days. Super nostalgic for me though, like people are saying, some people get it just to get it.

FWIW, my local FTLs only had 12 pairs each. I hit, but apparently there was a decent sized gathering of people at open trying to get the crumbs (none to be had). I picked mine up at noon and there were a few people milling around the store that you could tell were hanging out to see if I'd pick up. They all left while I was paying.

Apparently FNL had 75 pairs FCFS and had a large crowd at opening and were gone immediately. Old heads are out on these and don't really understand how to cop nowadays. I'm 43, but figured out the app system once it came to my area and have been happier than ever before.

Yeah, dude came in complaining when I went to pick up my pair. Saying he stopped wearing Jordan's, because they are so hard to get and they need to release more. Meanwhile there's a wall full of Jordans.

It's amazing people are still not knowledgeable about apps and reserving, when everyone has a smart phone. But I appreciate it.

I don't know, they are @mrswagtastic 's pair he posted on the last page. But my size 11 looks JUST like this pair if that helps. |l
They getting the steam cleaner torture if mine look like that. Sz11 too.
Kinda looks like the bc3 re-retro.. all boofy and puffed up compared to the older ones and I'm really not liking it.

This baffles me. How can people be in line at 7 and lose.... Crazy. Fyi... I lost on 2 snkrs accounts at 7!
Never hav I had such quick success on SNKRS. Literally I was up for like 1 minute got them and crashed again :lol: :nthat:

Hit up their corporate. Email/ phone....they'll find you a pair.

Yeah, thank you. I called and emailed them. I wasn’t going to make a big commotion at the store, I’m just like I find it hard to believe that you see I have it reserved on my app, you see I come up on your list, but I’m not on the BS printed list that they claim there’s no way to rig. And then the fact that they sold the pairs before the 3:00 pm pick up window cause no 11.5 were supposedly reserved is comical.. It is what it is though, hopefully corporate comes through if not they should restock shortly smh

Eastbay difficult this morning. Had to change my password because they changed their stuff up. Took an hour receive confirmation. All is good though. Size 11 on its way.:pimp:

Been reading a lot about things that happened at the malls this morning. This is why I didnt even try to go this time. I witnessed the same backdoor bs when I got the black infra. People being told 10 min after they opened they never received certain sizes when I watched 3 guys walk out with several bags 10 min before they opened. Is what it is I guess.

Picked up my FL pair. They look decent. No major flaws other than how tight they factory laced kinda morphing the shoe. Slight imprint on the medial midsole black part like the mold itself.

Survey coupon wouldn't work. No one in the store was military to bum a disco.

This was the only HoH within like 150 miles and she said they barely got any of these at all. Said they requested more and were denied.

1974...bought my first pair of Jordan’s at 10 years old. Sold my Star Wars toys at a garage sale to buy them! Mom said they were too expensive and if I wanted them I had to pay for them. Been collecting ever since. The 4 was always one of my favs...lucked out and got mine on SNKRS app this morning! Struck out on 4 other raffles, Dicks, FNL, FL and others.

Pics so tough @instyleshoes :nthat:

B68E887E-46C9-41FA-9E31-59258B1B33C1.png

3E121A2D-6483-4957-A1C3-DFD9854D45CE.png

95598251-F846-43C8-983C-EEDDC6F43CF7.png

Whatever. The current scene is way easier to cop for MOST things. Just push a few buttons on an app and then stroll on in and pick up your pair. Before things were mostly unattainable without paying off foot store employees.

I see what your saying, maybe true in some different areas? I’m in the Bay Area so there were a bunch “sneaker heads” but I agree 100% most definitely for sure less “sneaker heads”. for me, being around 16ish when I started, everything was all lining up, camp outs, etc. Most the time even showing up crazy early didn't do anything LOL. Either that or it would be a hot mess where crowds ruin the whole thing and bum rush the opening. Then paying resale at 16-20ish forget it LOL. I was working retail as a teen so that wasn’t happening. Everything seemed so limited back then? At least my experience. Now we got apps, foot sites, etc where I can do that in my pajamas hahaha, I’ll take that anyday then the old days. Super nostalgic for me though, like people are saying, some people get it just to get it.

I agree with yall the current scene is somewhat easier and more convenient with the apps and raffles and all that, 100%. But that's only if your'e comparing it to the mayhem post 2011. I was speaking on how easy it is to get sneakers back then as in 90s-very early 2000s . Trust me, it wasn't a big popular trend like it is now. It was always a few other guys you knew who liked sneakers and that was it. It wasn't mainstream like it is now and with the whole resell thing. You go on social media and everyone of your friends and their mom is a reseller/sneakerhead. It seems like most argument I'm hearing about that it was hard to get sneakers " back then" to some of ya'll wasn't how I saw " back then" as. There were different phases/eras with this sneaker stuff so I guess depending on when and what years, all of our statements are right.

Back
Top Bottom