Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

In the early days these were known as black cements. No one really called em the Breds and of you did people would call you out (here on NT) lol. Guess times have changed
I'm og Niketalk here I've been in here since the beginning I specifically remember the thread that this bred thing started on. the black and red XI's were being discussed and someone said imma just call them the breds there black and red and they bring the most money. so bred seemed fitting to him. I personally didn't think too much of it as the black and red XI's were the play off 11's to me. and from there it was a snowball effect once people knew what it meant they said well I can call and black and red colorway a bred thats where we are today. Now I must say this is my theory on why it didn't stop and eventually be a household term. when this all first happened literally after that first post mentioning the term bred, People hated it and wouldn't shut up about it so much that the hate alone increased the interest in what was being talked about. if that one person would have said bred and nobody responded we would not be using the term today. it was the haters that fueled the entire thing.

Also noticed the toebox creasing is heavily shown with a visible white lining. Doesn't look too great and gives me the impression these shoes won't age too well in the future. I shouldn't care too much since I bought these for the purpose of rocking since these are one of my favorite colorways.

Pics of your creasing please.

I'm og Niketalk here I've been in here since the beginning I specifically remember the thread that this bred thing started on. the black and red XI's were being discussed and someone said imma just call them the breds there black and red and they bring the most money. so bred seemed fitting to him. I personally didn't think too much of it as the black and red XI's were the play off 11's to me. and from there it was a snowball effect once people knew what it meant they said well I can call and black and red colorway a bred thats where we are today. Now I must say this is my theory on why it didn't stop and eventually be a household term. when this all first happened literally after that first post mentioning the term bred, People hated it and wouldn't shut up about it so much that the hate alone increased the interest in what was being talked about. if that one person would have said bred and nobody responded we would not be using the term today. it was the haters that fueled the entire thing.

I remember that thread and you’re absolutely right. If the term would have been ignored, it would have never caught on.

There is a guy out there, telling everyone he created the term "Bred' and no one knows that he's actually telling the truth.

Somebody somewhere else couldve came up with it seperately and it took off from somebody else elsewhere.

Combining black and red isnt all that creative. You could be right though this site is seemingly influencial on shoe culture.

Somebody somewhere else couldve came up with it seperately and it took off from somebody else elsewhere.

Combining black and red isnt all that creative. You could be right though this site is seemingly influencial on shoe culture.

No thats not true because I remember the guy that coined the term stated he wanted to come up with a nick name for the XI's and everybody was like naw we dont need nicknames.

Had to debut them at the airport for my weekend trip. Intial break-in is pretty comfy. Love the way these look on feet and can go with anything
A17A3C72-D6AF-4927-9076-9ECC80CB2DB8.jpeg
A2F8EF84-49FE-4FFA-A23B-182228F8BD56.jpeg

Yeah, me and my family are enrolled members. And, I'm a Maroon Devil!
The guy that's in Bryson City is hub that the majority of Angelus come's from. I get to avoid shipping, because I just drive10 miles. Just got my white paint, I'm wanting my WC's to look good again sitting next to his brother! Fire Red's were my first on only OG 4. Buying the ones I missed. For OG, I hit one for four. Yeah, totally wouldnt even care about a Fire Red, or Military Blue. I swung for the White and Black Cement. Missed! The Only Fire Red I want is tha 3!

10001th post on NT. didnt realize i posted in another thread my 10000th post :lol:

Bstn pair came in a day earlier than scheduled, thanks FedEx. The shipping box Bstn put these in had strong language on the side of the box :lol:. (yall who ordered know)

These are ok. Not stuffed, just straight out of the box. Ill stick to my SNKRS and Sivas ones.

aviary-image-1558051343772.jpeg
aviary-image-1558051800839.jpeg
aviary-image-1558051545440.jpeg
aviary-image-1558051980430.jpeg

This pair has the worst shape and the bubble netting by the toe kills it for me. Sold this pair. The shape is just bad and some threads are coming out of the midsole lmao.

0CD6E69A-2627-4A22-BBBB-FBE4C92739F8.jpeg

389C5AED-A0BB-44E3-B989-C5BDFE34C4FF.jpeg

A267951D-5CFE-4EAB-8CA3-877B9100AF4D.jpeg

Just because, does anyone have the 2012 along with this release? The difference with the Jumpman on the tongue. The head is much larger and more round. I dont know how it compares to the 89 and 99. I assume the 2019 is closer to the older versions.

This pair has the worst shape and the bubble netting by the toe kills it for me. Sold this pair. The shape is just bad and some threads are coming out of the midsole lmao.

0CD6E69A-2627-4A22-BBBB-FBE4C92739F8.jpeg

389C5AED-A0BB-44E3-B989-C5BDFE34C4FF.jpeg

A267951D-5CFE-4EAB-8CA3-877B9100AF4D.jpeg

That shape. :rolleyes :frown: :blush: I feel your pain, man. Good thing you got rid of it.

M & N never retroed the 89 all star East game shorts or the 89 bulls uniform shorts correct?

Back
Top Bottom