Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

everything on the 2019 looks like theyre placed further away from the shoe and closer to the toe box lol
you can see how much more the wings slant down and forward to the toe
the 99 mesh window sits behind the grey midsole bump whereas the 2019 sits on top of the bump
Yeah they were supposed to be a true 3/4 cut, I wished they kept it true to tinker's creation. That man is a true inspiration and a genius in my head. He inspires my daily.
Beautiful shape all around.

This is why I love following Instyle on IG so dope!
20200920_145704.jpg
20200920_145639.jpg
20200920_145623.jpg

yeslawd02.gif

Just look at the shape and height of the *****' OG that ISS had!!!!

1989-air-jordan-4-black-cement-og-instyleshoes.com__47156.1579643359.1280.1280.jpg

The MOTHER****IN' ankle collar is so high, it's the same height of the pull tabs!!!

Dudley Boyz put Mae Young through a table--(1).mp4-new-new01.gif

AH, JUST PURE MF'N SEX & PERFECTION!!!!

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

:smokin

Plus, the perfectly centered Nike Air logo, thin "Flight" patch font, the cement color, perfectly slanted toe box, the durabuck used, just every *****' thing!!! Yeah the height was lowered on the 1999's, but somehow they maintained their BEAUTIFUL shape!!! I don't know how they did it, but if they did then, they could do even better now.

20180728_163557.jpg

Nike has all the MF'n money in the world, so it really NO EXCUSE.

|l |l |l |l |l

Last edited:
I didn’t purchase a single Retro Jordan ( III through VI) from 2002 - 2017. **** JB and more importantly **** Gentry for ****ting on this shoe for so long. Always giving us that one off bootleg Benny joint.
Hey someone else that hates Gentry as much as me. I didn’t and WONT buy and wear a single retro Jordan 3-6 that doesn’t have NA on the back. Both OG and retro plus color ways. I did buy my daughter the Fuchsia 6s but she wanted em and likes the pink jumpman so what can I do lol

I have always wondered, for the OG collectors out there. How pissed off were you guys after the 99 retro 4s came out and they removed the Nike Air and Fkd up the shape completely let's say like the 05 black cat looking shoes? I just started a few years back so I wonder.
Even in the early 90s you could tell they were slowly moving the Jumpman in front of the Nike. The 6- 7 was the most obvious. Even I could tell what they were doing without really being told yet. But when the first retro wave hit, they stayed true so I always thought it would stay on the older models. The newer models were obviously staying with Jumpman only.
In 97, reading an interview with TH he admits to putting NA in the back so to speak. But when the 99 and 2000 versions hit with NA, I really thought they would stay that course on the olders. It was disappointing when the JM was appearing on the back of 3-6. But I really was not that surprised.

yeslawd02.gif

Just look at the shape and height of the *****' OG that ISS had!!!!

1989-air-jordan-4-black-cement-og-instyleshoes.com__47156.1579643359.1280.1280.jpg

The MOTHER****IN' ankle collar is so high, it's the same height of the pull tabs!!!

Dudley Boyz put Mae Young through a table--(1).mp4-new-new01.gif

AH, JUST PURE MF'N SEX & PERFECTION!!!!

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

:smokin

Plus, the perfectly centered Nike Air logo, thin "Flight" patch font, the cement color, perfectly slanted toe box, the durabuck used, just every *****' thing!!! Yeah the height was lowered on the 1999's, but somehow they maintained their BEAUTIFUL shape!!! I don't know how they did it, but if they did then, they could do even better now.

20180728_163557.jpg

Nike has all the MF'n money in the world, so it really NO EXCUSE.

|l |l |l |l |l

It’s not even that they maintained the shape with the 99s, which they actually didn’t and I don’t need to tell you that, obviously. It’s that they took perfection and they legitimately updated it and didn’t make it worse. There’s a lot to love about the 89 and there’s a lot to love about the 99. Both are flawed but it doesn’t even matter.

There was a certain level of respect that was present with retros in 94 and 99-01 that all of a sudden just vanished.

Even in the early 90s you could tell they were slowly moving the Jumpman in front of the Nike. The 6- 7 was the most obvious. Even I could tell what they were doing without really being told yet. But when the first retro wave hit, they stayed true so I always thought it would stay on the older models. The newer models were obviously staying with Jumpman only.
In 97, reading an interview with TH he admits to putting NA in the back so to speak. But when the 99 and 2000 versions hit with NA, I really thought they would stay that course on the olders. It was disappointing when the JM was appearing on the back of 3-6. But I really was not that surprised.

Damn man I appreciate you guys coming though to answer that, I really love every aspect and history of sneakers and like to know what it was like before the bs. I think with the RAW passion for sneakers that flows through this board and the truth and honesty a lot of the OG's on here have, JB should be consulting with some of you guys. Every business has some sort of appreciation for their base customers (OG's here). I think they need to open the connection to you guys. Take it in a direction where they could do some collabs for younger people but have a true OG side of JB to satisfy the base customers who built JB with there vote and wallet. You guys were 10-15 year olds wearing these kicks instead of chucks and not caring because the cost of them they need to give you all a voice in the lines if they wanna keep life long customers.

To be honest after the 94-95 retros failed the way they did I was surprised they tried it again 4 years later. If they used today’s quality they would have failed again. Bottom line it was the right time and with high quality retros it took off. Once they figured they had the hook set in us is when quality started going down And their Profit margins rose.

To be honest after the 94-95 retros failed the way they did I was surprised they tried it again 4 years later. If they used today’s quality they would have failed again. Bottom line it was the right time and with high quality retros it took off. Once they figured they had the hook set in us is when quality started going down And their Profit margins rose.
\

the first batch of retros in 94 failed because it was just too soon for people to appreciate older jordans Nike was ahead of their time with releasing older versions of shoes, this was a time when people just wanted the new jordans still. its that simple it has nothing to do with quality. when i used to rock 3's and 4's in the 90's people would laugh and could not understand why I liked the old jordans. fast forward a few years when MJ retired.. things began to change.. even the 4's in 99 and 2000 sat for months. I copped the blk cement 4's on nike.com 4 months after they released.

\

the first batch of retros in 94 failed because it was just too soon for people to appreciate older jordans Nike was ahead of their time with releasing older versions of shoes, this was a time when people just wanted the new jordans still. its that simple it has nothing to do with quality. when i used to rock 3's and 4's in the 90's people would laugh and could not understand why I liked the old jordans. fast forward a few years when MJ retired.. things began to change.. even the 4's in 99 and 2000 sat for months. I copped the blk cement 4's on nike.com 4 months after they released.

I agree. Even in '89, those of us with 4s looked at people at school wearing the old 3s and laughed...."So lame that you've got those boring old jordans and not these new, better ones!".....how times have changed!

I agree. Even in '89, those of us with 4s looked at people at school wearing the old 3s and laughed...."So lame that you've got those boring old jordans and not these new, better ones!".....how times have changed!

yeah and just think those boring old 3's would end up being some of the greatest sneakers in the history of sneakers.

\

The accuracy of this. Even when you rocked the current version, if it was an older colorway, you’d get a similar reaction.

Do you all remember several years ago when we all thought this would never happen again. Now its just expected and taken for granite as another GR release. Think about that.

See what happens when Gentry isn’t running things? Remember that the only reason it returned is because he left. Now that he’s back, the remastered concept was thrown out.

IDK about taken for granted but I can see how Collabs have become the new hype. I look forward to OGs more than anything each year and the fact that they should be more easy to grab than before.

In 2003 All those 99/2000s pairs were going for like 300+ back then which was like spending 500 on a dope pair of something in 2020. Buy Sell here was on crack. Straight up WWIII.

Back
Top Bottom