Air Jordan IX January 2018

All that talk last couple of years. Bricks this...sittin’ Ducks...quack, Yeezy blah...blah. Now look what you’ve done!! Awakened a sleeping giant

“You blew it up! Damn you!”
A8097496-8C7C-4CDE-8463-EB4B8DC764B9.gif
Yep
So that’s the end of an era for me copping Jordans

All Star IX on disco
Prom Night XI / Concord XI
Blue Chicago/Clay Green/ SBB Satin 1s

No more Air Jordans

2lkww0o.jpg

I can't wait to put these on my feet!!!

And I'm going to give my $.02 then I'm back out of this convo cuz I want this thread to flow smoothly without me disrupting it. From a RESELLING standpoint, tax money absolutely plays a huge part in these sells. I started the morning off with 22 pairs and I have 1 left. My best friends sister NEVER COPS J's THROUGHOUT THE YEAR...EVER! Ever income tax check I lace her and her boyfriend. Last week she bought 3 pairs of Hyper Royals and today she bought 2 pairs of 9's. She's been wearing White/Cement 4's since last year. Would these shoes have sold out in July? Who knows. On my end, I look forward to tax time because I know people aren't shy about spending that "free bread." Fun fact, GS's are $151.20 after tax. My dude sold a girl a size 7 today for...get this...$325 lol. She got the extra money to burn...
Sounds like you are familiar with the market
How do you look at All Star 9s?

They will fly off the shelf if price goes down to $160?
Or they have to go $145 to sell?

Or... they will end up $112 in the Outlet?

Last year Alternate Motorsports ended up $112 in outlet while I copped it for $142......

Y’all are tripping if y’all think the tax season stuff carries weight. Like the shoes weren’t gonna sell out regardless.
Tax season or not, a limited, nice looking shoe sells out 10 times out of 10.

And a lot of the “tax season” folk don’t even know how to buy shoes these days. They think they can just walk in and buy when pairs tend to be raffled off.

What I see is the reseller crowd knowing stuff is limited and cleaning out inventory to sell locally.
I don’t think anyone is in denial of what you said

I do disagree with the tax season ppl not knowing how to buy comment though. My BM for example has never owned a pair of Js in her life yet texted me at 9:30 this morning saying she finally got her first pair off the SNKRS app and I know for a fact she wouldn’t have attempted to purchase a pair if this was August or something lol

I think that’s the point some of us are trying to make. We ain’t saying it makes a big diff cuz they would’ve sold out anyways but regardless there’s more ppl quicker to pull the trigger during these months

I don’t think anyone is in denial of what you said

I do disagree with the tax season ppl not knowing how to buy comment though. My BM for example has never owned a pair of Js in her life yet texted me at 9:30 this morning saying she finally got her first pair off the SNKRS app and I know for a fact she wouldn’t have attempted to purchase a pair if this was August or something lol

I think that’s the point some of us are trying to make. We ain’t saying it makes a big diff cuz they would’ve sold out anyways but regardless there’s more ppl quicker to pull the trigger during these months
I don’t think you’ve followed the tax season talk that’s plagued NT. Dudes make it like shoes sell out only because poor people are buying them.

The SNKRS stuff... your girl know because someone showed her unless she’s into sneakers.

Sounds like you are familiar with the market
How do you look at All Star 9s?

They will fly off the shelf if price goes down to $160?
Or they have to go $145 to sell?

Or... they will end up $112 in the Outlet?

Last year Alternate Motorsports ended up $112 in outlet while I copped it for $142......
:lol:

I don’t think you’ve followed the tax season talk that’s plagued NT. Dudes make it like shoes sell out only because poor people are buying them.

The SNKRS stuff... your girl know because someone showed her unless she’s into sneakers.

Naw I don’t really follow the NT tax stuff lol

I totally get what you’re saying though and I agree.... they def aren’t selling out because poor ppl buying them

Naw I don’t really follow the NT tax stuff lol

I totally get what you’re saying though and I agree.... they def aren’t selling out because poor ppl buying them
:pimp:

I saw these today. A size 8 was on display when I was at the mall. These would be a must if I was a 9s person.
Only 9 I can say I need is the flint. That’s the only pair I’ve worn in my life I believe.

Come on I am really curious whether I can cop from outlet, secure a pair for $140, or have to pay $160 for this.

Originally I was just going to cop BC3 & AS9 this year

And then Bred Toes kicked in yo
And I took L
There is no way to know the sweet spot for pricing.
Just pay what you are comfy with then keep it moving.

There will be times when you do find the cheapest price. There will be more times when you don’t.

All star 9s should hit outlets without a doubt. It’s a guessing game on how low the price will drop however. The white bottoms playing a big role as to why they ain’t moving.

Speaking of all the tax stuff, I was just at the mall and some dude walks up to the footlocker employee and says " yall got the tax season 9s?" in the most serious voice, the funniest part was the employee knew exactly what he was asking for cause he responded in his most serious voice too " nah we had about 26 pairs there was a line this morning". LOL...I just looked around like waittttt....is this a joke or something....dudes really were seriously calling them the tax season 9s and didn't even laugh about it, must be the official name for it.

I started buying Jordan's for the last 4 years. My gf hates every Jordan retro I showed her, I showed her these last night and for the 1st time she said "they look nice"

I work in a factory with over 150 employees. So many tell me about waiting for their tax refund to buy things like shoes for themselves and their kids. None of them are poor. But extra money in hand makes it easier to make purchases they normally wouldn't. I hear this every year by average people like myself. You can still have money and hold back on buying. Extra money makes it an easier decision. The first quarter of a year, businesses know this and capitalize. Know different than Black Friday, holiday releases. Christmas bonus time for the working class. Same thing.

Speaking of all the tax stuff, I was just at the mall and some dude walks up to the footlocker employee and says " yall got the tax season 9s?" in the most serious voice, the funniest part was the employee knew exactly what he was asking for cause he responded in his most serious voice too " nah we had about 26 pairs there was a line this morning". LOL...I just looked around like waittttt....is this a joke or something....dudes really were seriously calling them the tax season 9s and didn't even laugh about it, must be the official name for it.

:lol: I’m not surprised in the least. But it do sound like a potential key and peele skit lol

the ppl that were out and about buying these, besides resellers, were ppl that have less than 10 pairs of kicks, 100%. Just sayin, Master 12’s? Same....9’s are ugly as hell and it wasn’t because they were limited, a certain group of ppl wanted these. An all black Jordan that they can wear for a long long time and easy to keep clean. I did not see any of the normal sneaker heads I normally see in my 3 hours cleaning up at a few different malls. Tax season def. has something to do with these selling out, besides being limited. If you go by the “limited” mindset, these would be going for much more on stockX, but they aren’t.....

Just so I get this right do you just say people who bought these today were people who only have 10 pair of Jordan’s or bought becoase they were going to resell them. Please let me know if I Read This wrong thanks

the ppl that were out and about buying these, besides resellers, were ppl that have less than 10 pairs of kicks, 100%. Just sayin, Master 12’s? Same....9’s are ugly as hell and it wasn’t because they were limited, a certain group of ppl wanted these. An all black Jordan that they can wear for a long long time and easy to keep clean. I did not see any of the normal sneaker heads I normally see in my 3 hours cleaning up at a few different malls. Tax season def. has something to do with these selling out, besides being limited. If you go by the “limited” mindset, these would be going for much more on stockX, but they aren’t.....
:rofl:

Just so I get this right do you just say people who bought these today were people who only have 10 pair of Jordan’s or bought becoase they were going to resell them. Please let me know if I Read This wrong thanks

No I think he meant

1. Most people buying these today seemed to have less than 10 Jordans

He worked in the mall, and he did not see the sneakerheads that normally appear in mall today

2. Resellers buy these today too.
Because resell.

Back
Top Bottom