Air Jordan VIII 8 "Playoffs" Returns. Release day- 6/29/13

finally got my pair.  for some reason after 2+ hours after launch they freed up size 10s on eastbay and footlocker.  any 1 still lookin yeah check out eastbay + footlocker etc

I guess I am old enough (29) to appreciate this shoe, classic@Patt yeah QVC always had championship stuff, got a lot of my Cowboys Super Bowl stuff on there back in the day
Haha, I would only flip to QVC before turning off the TV if nothing else was on. All I remember seeing was stuff like CZ diamonds and kitchenware. Miss those days...

Don't get accustomed to the easy cop on the 8's...

All will change once the Aqua come around....
TRUTH.
I'd robo-cop those Barkleys too if they dropped again.
smokin.gif
... i had all the bootlegg 3 peat shirts that were sold at the flee market
Word. The flea markets were the ish back in the day. T-shirts in footlocker were like $20 but the bootleg screenprint version at the flea market would be $5... or 3 for $10.

Those were the days.
sick.gif

Yeah, sure, that's what they said about the Playoffs when the Bugs released.
If you judge the Aqua release based off of any VIII release that's not the Aquas, you will probably miss out on the Aqua VIII. A lot of people HATE VIIIs but even they love Aqua VIIIs.
sold my retro pair of playoff 8s and all my pairs of 8s. im good
smile.gif
Huh?

Last edited:
Got through almost immediately with ndc with 25 gift card, but haven't gotten confirmation email. Order was placed at 8:02 should I still be good?

On line right now since my spot opens at 11, only 5 people in front of me and like 4 behind. But this spot is also releasig the foams, roshe pack and the air maxes so maybe people came for those

Haha, I would only flip to QVC before turning off the TV if nothing else was on. All I remember seeing was stuff like CZ diamonds and kitchenware. Miss those days...
can't remember the last time I watched QVC, well I do remember watching that Estaban guy jam out on his guitar

Haha, I never knew QVC used to sell NBA gear. Want that cap...
Yeah, my mom used to get our championship stuff from there all the time. As soon as the final buzzer sounded and the champion has been crowned, one TV immediately was changed to QVC, lol! It was funny how quick they would interrupt whatever they were selling to put out the champs gear. I remember when they also used to sell WWF & WCW memorabilia on there with the guest wrestlers. Ah, the fun times....

Yeah, my mom used to get our championship stuff from there all the time. As soon as the final buzzer sounded and the champion has been crowned, one TV immediately was changed to QVC, lol! It was funny how quick they would interrupt whatever they were selling to put out the champs gear. I remember when they also used to sell WWF & WCW memorabilia on there with the guest wrestlers. Ah, the fun times....
I miss them days, when shoes were around 100 bucks too!

QVC was the only spot you could order a Championship tee and hat, a Foreman Grill and a knockoff CZ Hope Diamond with one phone call. And they put the timer up to let you feel the pressure if you were on the fence about copping. 

"Those Were The Days..."

Had to have these... lucked up and won the raffle at my local house of hoops

line was decent for these round my way

QVC was the only spot you could order a Championship tee and hat, a Foreman Grill and a knockoff CZ Hope Diamond with one phone call. And they put the timer up to let you feel the pressure if you were on the fence about copping. 

"Those Were The Days..."
LOL the timer!

Word. LOL. The timer would have you under pressure to cop before they switch to the next item. 
roll.gif

As for the kicks, I'm picking my raffle pairs up later. To those who have them in hand already, is the quality/material on par with the Suns VIIIs? Those were on point, IMO.

Last edited:
wow, these were incredibly easy to get. I was able to get a pair from FNL and another pair on NDC. They're still available in some good sizes on the FTL base sites. 
laugh.gif

Surprised I got these. So much easier to get than Bred IVs and those were easy to cop. 

Wow I woke up at 9. I thought hey would sell out being a OG colorway, plus the hype somewhat on these. I go check FNL it's like 10:30 or something, only had size 8.0 on FNL.

I go on Champs, and they had a FULL SIZE RUN on these 
glasses.gif
it was like 10:45 I add my size, they had the timer checkout thing going on, waited like 27 minutes and I got my pair to rock.

I'm surprised with the hype on these and a lot of people saying they were going to cop, I got them at like 11. I don't know if they have full size runs now. But I'm pretty happy although I wouldn't lose sleep over these. 

Back
Top Bottom