Air Jordan XI CONCORD AFTERMATH thread. STILL NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Originally Posted by ijapino

Finally got around to taking some group shots...

With all the talk about questionable pairs from certain websites, I'm convinced that much of it has to do with people nit picking and then blaming the sites rather than Jordan Brand's quality. The witch hunt of these sites exists because people allow it to. It's become a scapegoat excuse. If nobody posted what website they bought from, people would hop right back onto the "Jordan Brand has bad quality" bandwagon.

These are my five pairs I ended up with. Every pair was bought online from a different website (one of which is a so-called "questionable" website). All 5 pairs seem to have something that I can nitpick on but none of them have anything which would make me suspect them being fake. The Carbon fiber seems to be on point with all of them and the weight seems pretty consistent. Even the "smell" seems to be the same on every pair.

Here are some stats on them:
All but one was ordered online in December 2011.
I paid different prices on each of them...Prices ranged from retail to about $275
Dates in no particular order (left shoe....right shoe):
6/8-7/20.....6/8-7/20
6/8-8/29.....6/8-8/29
7/13-10/12.....7/13-10/12
7/13-10/14.....7/13-11/7
7/13-10/10.....7/13-10/10
Only 2 of the 5 boxes had the price on the outside of the box.
Only 1 of 5 had the stamp on the inside of the box.

With the comparison shots, I randomly placed them in different order...

2me5yiv.jpg

voaq21.jpg
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

must be nice to be loaded of $$$ and copped ALL of those

Originally Posted by DavidLeex84

NTfam: Should I return the california-soles order? They gonna hit me with a 5% restocking fee for the return and I have to pay for return shipping...they should of seriously stated "100% early release concords" man sites these days. smh

I returned mine.  I lost only shipping though.

Originally Posted by CDUNK

NTfam: Should I return the california-soles order? They gonna hit me with a 5% restocking fee for the return and I have to pay for return shipping...they should of seriously stated "100% early release concords" man sites these days. smh

wasn't there a collective saying you should dispute with PayPal if you paid through them to try and collect your funds entirely. Whatever happened to that?

Originally Posted by philaflava1

I thought I made a decent living but when I see people with 5+ pairs I feel like I should be on welfare. We're talking $190ish on retail and at least $300 online. How are people affording all these kicks in this recession? My car payment is less than 2 pairs online right now. %$#.

my man there is money out there, whether theres a recession or not
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Just when you think you really doin it, someone else shows you what 'doin it' really means
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

WELCOME BACK NT!!!  I didnt know what to do with myself at work today......I had to actually do.....stuff
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And I spent time in the threads on the other site.......oh man
sick.gif
sick.gif
......NT FTW!  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^^^same here. I was stuck at home thinking of what to do while NT was down or on strike.

I thought I made a decent living but when I see people with 5+ pairs I feel like I should be on welfare. We're talking $190ish on retail and at least $300 online. How are people affording all these kicks in this recession? My car payment is less than 2 pairs online right now. %$#.

It's called credit

Originally Posted by aphexacid

It's called credit card
fixed
wink.gif

for some reason the 11s are uggly to me unless its a black colorway. Same with the 18s. I only like the black royals and breds.

Originally Posted by MRFLOWERS

what does OP mean?

OP= "
[table][tr][td]
Short for Original Poster. Used on online message boards and forums.

The the message the op posted is idiotic."

there you go. 
[/td][/tr][/table]

Finally after almost a month these are mine. First time in almost 10 years that I have paid over retail for shoes but these are my all time favorites. Had the Ogs in 95,retros in 00 and DMPs. I think I did good on ebay. Still hoping for another pair, maybe some restock online?
happy.gif

To go along with my son pair
wink.gif

I thought it was a bad idea to zip-loc XIs? 
nerd.gif

I'm just wondering b/c I was thinking of doing the same but I heard some people say not to do it. 

I think one guy on another thread said that he puts his in zip-loc bags but he doesn't close the bag. Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

-Drew

Originally Posted by kingkong8624

Originally Posted by MRFLOWERS

what does OP mean?

OP= "
[table][tr][td]
Short for Original Poster. Used on online message boards and forums.

The the message the op posted is idiotic."

there you go. 
[/td][/tr][/table]
THXX A LOT BRO U THE MAN

Originally Posted by robxdrew

I thought it was a bad idea to zip-loc XIs? 
nerd.gif

I'm just wondering b/c I was thinking of doing the same but I heard some people say not to do it. 

I think one guy on another thread said that he puts his in zip-loc bags but he doesn't close the bag. Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

-Drew

Have a friend who used to do it but when he went back some of his shoes had weakened or deteriorated leather. Key is you have to let them breathe once in awhile so I guess it works if you are opening them up once a month or something. As for me...mine breathe while I am rocking them...

Originally Posted by drewsone

You'd be wrong. None of these were ordered from Mental Kicks.

Actually, that's the pair I've been wearing. That's probably the reason for the discolor of the sole....And No, those aren't from the "questionable" source.
So for the most part you ordered from "legit"/authorized websites?
I guess that's still up to debate. One of those pairs came from a website that many consider fake/b-grade/grey area/scrap parts/etc etc...My point was that people are so anxious to throw certain sites in the fire because of quality issues seen among all pairs that they're willing to forget that it's been like this for quite some time now. Many of the pairs that have been posted from such sites are usually nitpicked to even the smallest detail that people are quick to label fake rather than just another mishap from Jordan brand.
i agree mishaps happen.
no two shoes in a pair will ever be identical.
but what are your thoughts about the consistency of these "mishaps" when they are consistent on both shoes?

i'll refer back to one of my old posts to clarify:
Originally Posted by freezyfreeky

the only odd thing is that a few quality issues seem to be consistent in some pairs.
it's not like one pair has gold tissue, one has a strong glue smell, a third has a different shoe tree and another has a wide ankle on both the left and right shoe.
a couple pairs posted have ALL of the above.
i can see pairs having random quality issues but having all of them seems a bit sketchy.

did nike find all the pairs with a strong glue smell or wide ankles during quality control and decide to throw the different shade shoe tree and gold paper with it to match?
did mental kicks, sds and others get shipped these specific matched up batches while footlockers, some euro sites, etc get "official release day pairs" with "release day" shoes trees and tissue?

people have posted up quality issues with official release day pairs. random messed up patent, carbon fiber, etc., but on one shoe.
can someone with an official release day pair please post a pic of their pair that has ALL of the following: strong glue smell, gold tissue, different shade shoe tree, and wide ankle support on both shoes.
if this is simply a quality issue then they have to be out there somewhere.

df826b7604e33cbf6a072ef.jpg

dcd16269edc56a74fefed72.jpg

20bs5.jpg

97416562eccd627cf7d768c.jpg

the following is a comparo with a ds pre-release and official anni xi's i had.
the wide ankles are similar to some early release concord pairs. were the pre-release anni's voted real or fake? i don't recall what the consesus was.
img00456201005151050.jpg

That dude up there with ziplocs........do your feet have bloodflow? It seems like you have those laces pulled as tight as possible.

Originally Posted by kingkong8624

Originally Posted by aphexacid

It's called credit card
fixed
wink.gif

Speak for yourselves my friends.  I'm sure there are plenty of sneaker enthusiasts with cash.

Originally Posted by NumeroFive

Originally Posted by CDUNK

wasn't there a collective saying you should dispute with PayPal if you paid through them to try and collect your funds entirely. Whatever happened to that?

For brevity's sake I just decided to go through the website; shipping was only 10 bucks.  I'm cool with taking a risk for a 10 spot.  Last time I did a dispute through paypal it took quite awhile to get my money back, having to jump through hoops to prove shoes were fake; I figured that headache is easily worth 10 dollars. 

Originally Posted by freezyfreeky

Originally Posted by drewsone

So for the most part you ordered from "legit"/authorized websites?
I guess that's still up to debate. One of those pairs came from a website that many consider fake/b-grade/grey area/scrap parts/etc etc...My point was that people are so anxious to throw certain sites in the fire because of quality issues seen among all pairs that they're willing to forget that it's been like this for quite some time now. Many of the pairs that have been posted from such sites are usually nitpicked to even the smallest detail that people are quick to label fake rather than just another mishap from Jordan brand.
i agree mishaps happen.
no two shoes in a pair will ever be identical.
but what are your thoughts about the consistency of these "mishaps" when they are consistent on both shoes?
the "consistency" of the so called mishaps in quality and material have to do with them being early production RUNS.  thats why there are first production runs, second and so on.  therefore the consistency would be another side affect of the mass production process just with first run materials, glue, thread and assembly steps.  add the various production facilities, suppliers and locations and its actually amazing that they can make hundreds of thousands of the same item look so similar....

Back
Top Bottom