Air Jordan XI CONCORD AFTERMATH thread. STILL NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Originally Posted by Definition Of Dopeness

Originally Posted by glove72

Originally Posted by tuxracer88

debating if I should go that route after seeing everyone post that....
I mean...worst case they explain the bill and you still have to pay...best case they reduce or erase the bill.  Worth a shot.  I was polite and should asked what the bill was for and how it ws only for 1 pair of shoes and that Endclothing overvalued.  I asked how to appeal so the regular phone op passed me on to the manager of the customs dept and she made the move to reduce it instantly.  I've already resold my second and third pair to cover some of the costs since I knew it was coming.
Yeah man it also depends on who you  talk to, whatever you do don't let them transfer you directly to the duties and tax ppl, whoever that guy is back there is an %$@##%#. :Lol i'm trying to talk to him, like just explain to me why my customs fee is so high, he kept saying if i want to rebute the charge or some %%$%, and they didn't rule in my favor it'd be a another 75 dollars. He wasn't trying to hear nothing, wouldn't even let me talk.

called back talked to another rep, who forwarded me to billing, i just asked her why was my bill so high compared to my brothers. She just kept saying she didn't know. Then asked me how much was my brother's bill, i said he only got charged 30 something dollars and she said ok, this will be a one time thing, and she let me pay 33.47.

So just tell em, you know of others who ordered from the same place, same price and got billed way less than you did.
thanks for the tips, might give it a shot later on today...wondering if its worth it, sounds like most people ordered 1 pair and got it adjusted, might be in a tough fight regarding a 3 pair order

I'm still on the hunt...trying to get a pair for $300 shipped on ebay or CL which hopefully is possible. There are still some guys on CL trying to get $400 for these...what a joke.

Originally Posted by nimhet

I'm still on the hunt...trying to get a pair for $300 shipped on ebay or CL which hopefully is possible. There are still some guys on CL trying to get $400 for these...what a joke.
That $400 price tag will look like the norm come summer time
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I got my customs fee from Fed Ex and its $83. I don't get all the inconsistent fees. I mean most of us got ours shipped around the same time so it was declared the same.

Not cool. Might have to make that phone call because I have zero intention of paying this anytime soon. They didn't extend me any credit, nor was I advised it was going to be this much.

Originally Posted by shindo03

Originally Posted by sthebest

Originally Posted by shindo03

I still think there will be a restock lol....

sure there will. Banned 1s and South Beaches will also be restocked too 
laugh.gif
Banned 1's did have a restock if you did your research lol..... and Cool Greys restocked for eastbay platinum/gold members 6 months after RD. Only reason why they might not restock is because DB's for some reason didn't have the usual restock. But, yeah Banned 1's..... LV Nike Outlet and Also Marysville Nike Outlet for sure! I mean if are you being pessimistic about a restock because of your knowledge or because you have them and you want to be spiteful for others that didn't get a pair. I mean I have my pairs but..... I was just saying that I think along the road restocks will pop....Cool Greys did after 6 months. Black Cements on Eastbay a month later or more. True Blues on finishline. Anything is possible. Don't have to be a dream killer for others.... Buzz Kill! 

Lol I dont mean to be a dream killer, just keeping it realistic. I have my pair and I hope those still on the hunt get at least one pair. But due to the amount of commotion these caused, I wouldn't count on a restock. Even if they do, they'll sell out before most people know that they're up. Resellers have effectively ruined the hopes of a restock. Best bet at this point is that if people really want these, get on the grind and sell a pair or two of sneakers you really don't wear that much and cop them.

Just got off the phone with Fed Ex and got all of my $83 credited. It truly does matter who you talk to and what you say. Bypass the customer service rep and get the customs/taxes manager.

Remember they work for one of the largest/most profitable companies in the world and they're severely underpaid. They hate the man too.

They can wipe out the charges completely as a "one-time customer appreciation" gesture. God bless that little lady and her love for Jordans too.

Originally Posted by chezzer10

Originally Posted by IsTaYsTuNiNyA

LMAO! Look at what I saw on Craigslist... that is hilarious
laugh.gif

Concords > Honda Accords
Lol still not enough
wink.gif

L O Friggin L my dude! Funniest crap ive seen today. That takes the cake for ultimate desperation. More economical though I suppose, dont have to put gas in the shoes.

Originally Posted by philaflava1

I got my customs fee from Fed Ex and its $83. I don't get all the inconsistent fees. I mean most of us got ours shipped around the same time so it was declared the same.

Not cool. Might have to make that phone call because I have zero intention of paying this anytime soon. They didn't extend me any credit, nor was I advised it was going to be this much.

did your bill come in the mail in a fedex envelope? I never got an mail from them after filling out a form

Just got off the phone with Fed Ex and got all of my $83 credited. It truly does matter who you talk to and what you say. Bypass the customer service rep and get the customs/taxes manager.

Remember they work for one of the largest/most profitable companies in the world and they're severely underpaid. They hate the man too.

They can wipe out the charges completely as a "one-time customer appreciation" gesture. God bless that little lady and her love for Jordans too.

What did you say to them? thats super cool on their part.

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

did your bill come in the mail in a fedex envelope? I never got an mail from them after filling out a form

What did you say to them? thats super cool on their part.
It came directly from Fed Ex. I would imagine for residential they only receive 60-70% if not less on these. Meaning most people never pay the full amount because it's a) after the fact b) unexpected c) not a credit extension.

I just asked why so high? The meanings? Basically act like you know nothing so she can explain everything. She didn't even have all the answers but she was very understanding and told me to "buy American." I told her they don't make these Jordans in American and she laughed. Basically, it's who you talk to and how you talk to them. Remember ANYONE can do ANYTHING, it's just whether or not they want to.

Originally Posted by glove72

Originally Posted by tuxracer88

just got my fedex customs bill for my end order, $81 total

Got my bill to...$54.  Called the customer service number and played dumb...they put me in touch with the manager and after more whining she said could cut in half...Figured that was better than nothing so I said ok and paid the $27.  
laugh.gif
NICE!!!

Pretty dope that some of u guys r getting these custom fees waived.
Nice gesture on the Fed ex/UPS's behalf 
pimp.gif

What are the fees for anyway? I know they are customs but why are u supposed to pay it an how come
They waive it for some and not others,

Since I FINALLY picked up my final pair from the post office today I will recap my entire Concord XI release experience.
In the end I was able to secure 6 pair total, one for my brother, one for my cousin, one for my homie in jail, and three for me.

The first pair I secured and paid for was my size 10 from Oquim.com during their pre-order on Dec. 4th for $255 shipped. They shipped after release date and arrived quickly with no custom fees. No double box but they arrived fine so I'm not mad. I decided to pay $250 early in order to guarantee my size.

The next pair I secured and paid for was a size 9.5 from SNS during their countdown pre-order on Dec. 26th for $160 shipped. I actually am VERY fortunate to have get a pair from them with their low number of pairs, and website crashing. I actually checked out with two pairs on accident (they had a limit of one per customer) and thought my order would be canceled but I quickly emailed them and they refunded me for one pair and canceled a size 9 and shipped me a size 9.5 on Dec. 22 which arrived a week later.

The next two pairs I secured were from NikeTown San Francisco. I was home for the holidays so I didn't have my normal spots and connects around me so I kept my ear to facebook and when they randomly announced they were giving our wristbands on the sunday before release day I went straight out there. One wristband = guaranteed 2 pair . . . size 10.5 for my homie in jail, and size 11 for by big brother for Christmas. I was also able to let two friends jump in line as I got to the front. Retail + tax for two pairs for each of us and we were able to pick them up anytime before 3pm on release day with your wristband.

The next pair I secured was from Serramonte mall. That was CRAZY, longest, most ridiculous line I have ever been a part of. The only reason I joined that release was because my good friend and fellow sneakerhead had not yet secured any pairs for him (he only wanted one). I ended up near the front of the line, him 40 people behind me, so we got two wristband near the top. I immediately gave my wristband to my friend for his size 11 first and was going to get my second pair of size 10s with his wristband. As soon as I get the wristband, my cousin call me and says, "Cuzzo! U got a hook on concords?!"After all my hard word, and all his failed connects to get me shoes in the past, he got the nerve to ask me this at this moment? . . . I still gave him this pair for $200, told my friend sz11, done picked up the next day . . . my cousin owes me a favor!

The last pair I secured was from NatterJacks on their "second wind" for $234 shipped on Dec. 30 a size 11. They arrived two weeks later and I finally picked them up from the post office today, no custom fees, no double box.

Again, in the end, I got 6 pair. I feel like I gave away three pair, technically i did give away two but whatever.
The two pair I kept for myself that aren't even my size (the 9.5 from SNS and the 11 from NJs) I figured I would either use as trade bait or re-sell when I NEED to. (Im actually kinda doin' bad right now)

I would post pics but I know ALL of the place I copped from are legit so I'm not worried about it at all.

On a size note . . . I finally got back to LA from a long Christmas brake. Not only did I come back to like 8 pair of shoes but after spending a day at school talking to advisors I found out that I FINALLY graduated from college (CSUN). Just happy it was just before I'm 30. College kept me out of jail, so thanks to that. Now that I'm officially done hopefully the judge and the DA dismisses my case and probation on Fri.

Now that I am graduated I quit the BS. And now that I quit the BS I aint no incoming revenue. Seriously, I'm thinking of selling like 80% of my shoes.

Sorry for the long read and extra rants but whatever.

Originally Posted by mattwhite2385

What are the fees for anyway? I know they are customs but why are u supposed to pay it an how come
They waive it for some and not others,

US charges adds a fee for items overseas over a certain value. The fee is supposed to make you want to buy American and protect our economy over here. When the overseas company fills out the customs form to ship, they state that any additional fees will be paid by the person receiving...Fed Ex takes care of the fee for the shoes to clear customs with the thought they will collect from you on the back end....but as they stated above they have the power to reduce or absolve the bill as a 1 time Customer Service thing... Easy to pull off if you play dumb and only ordered 1 pair...I think it would be tough if you had 4-5 pair coming in.

Quick question, I've noticed that some Concords have the US mens size sticker on the inside of the shoe and some do not. Does not having the sticker = fake?

Originally Posted by MR23MJ

Quick question, I've noticed that some Concords have the US mens size sticker on the inside of the shoe and some do not. Does not having the sticker = fake?

the ones that do not have both US mens size stickers in both shoes but only have a single larger sticker on the left shoe insole are internationally released pairs.
the stickers or lack thereof are no indication of authenticity.

Back
Top Bottom