Air Jordan XIII - Flint colorway to drop November 2010 (via Kicksonfire.com)

Originally Posted by TheAdiMac

Originally Posted by Error on page

I really do like the fact that these shoes arent so reflective. as Im getting older along with some other sneaker heads are just not into being so shiny(lol) pretty much the only thing I want on my feet that is shiny is the xi's I do not miss the 3m, back in the day I wouldnt been pissed. But now Im ok with it. This was a dope release with or without the 3m

smh you dont prefer shiny shoes(that only shine w/ flash) but u dont mind the shiny'ist(patent leather) and most un subtle of them all, the XI.go sit in the corner.
stop hating cause I dont want to look 12 years old. if they only shine with flash then why is it a big deal? are you a big hollywood star that is constantly having your picture taken? no your not. your probably in the same group that was upset that the altitudes have 3m. stop following everyone else's oppinion. I would like the 3m on the V, that shoe it is important that its there, the 3 not so much to tell the truth IMO the only type of shoes that 3m belongs on is a running shoe, and that is more of a safety feature than anything else there. Form your own oppinion and stop being a follower... if you dont own this shoe, you really dont know how nice the quality of  it is. pictures really do not do it justice.  

yeah im a follower cuz i rather hav a clone of the original. funny thing is, if thats the case so are u. given the option u would not choose a watered down version of the og , dont lie.my opinion is the same as when i bought them when they first came out. opening the box think'n "these are hot. this is how it should be premium quality."id rather have no 3m on the altitudes. in fact im thinking about buying ogs of every release just to stunt on fouls who dont know no better and settle for everything put out. id walk into the store with crisp no 3m altitudes on then try on the 3ms with a different version on each foot, turn down the new versions and walk out of the store with the best xiii's on. but i guess im a follower cuz i dont conform to low standards.did u say 3m should only be on running shoes cuz of the saftey hazzard...........off ya self, reallydont you know if jordan followed buy what you think is right the shoes would never evolve hence no air pockets, no zoom, no XIs. all we would have would be some all stars. i feel dumber just reading your post. no offense.

I went to finishline to peep out the flints yesterday and they looked awful!!!!!!! I dont know if finishline got some b-grades but the three pairs of flints i seen on display had glue stains on the midsole and the side of them looked like they would come apart. im not bull****** or exagerrating lol!!! I wasnt gonna cop them anyway because im low on funds but i wanted to see them in person.

yeah, i've seen glue stains on all the pairs i saw at the mall.

is it true the leather on the toe box is less subject to creasing than the previous releases?

Originally Posted by mrfantastic21

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

No one answered me a couple pages back.. if you copped from footlocker (like i did) and you had them VIP coupons they sent in the mail/ e-mail were you supposed to be able to use em? Because they didn't say anything was not included so I gave the manager a hard time so he gave me $15 off even tho per the coupon i shoulda gotten $30 off. Did i get screwed outa the full discount or was he being nice by allowing me to use the coupon b.c i know you can't usually use em on new releases

Manager at my local Footlocker wouldnt let me use the VIP or NBA 2k11 coupon. He said no coupons on shoes with release dates.

I got my pair from Footlocker using the $30 off coupon...no problem. Actually I know of 2 Footlockers & a Footaction that will take the $30 coupon.....& another Footaction that says no depending on the releases.

It all depends on the store.

No one answered me a couple pages back.. if you copped from footlocker (like i did) and you had them VIP coupons they sent in the mail/ e-mail were you supposed to be able to use em? Because they didn't say anything was not included so I gave the manager a hard time so he gave me $15 off even tho per the coupon i shoulda gotten $30 off. Did i get screwed outa the full discount or was he being nice by allowing me to use the coupon b.c i know you can't usually use em on new releases
The manager was actually being nice by trying to meet you half way and giving you $15 off.. All Footlocker Inc. coupons always say "some exclusions may apply". The store managers get a printout on whats excluded and 9 times out of 10 new releases are on that list. The coupon codes will still work at the register if the employee or manager puts it in but that doesn't mean they are supposed to.

Originally Posted by Young Christin

I went to finishline to peep out the flints yesterday and they looked awful!!!!!!! I dont know if finishline got some b-grades but the three pairs of flints i seen on display had glue stains on the midsole and the side of them looked like they would come apart. im not bull****** or exagerrating lol!!! I wasnt gonna cop them anyway because im low on funds but i wanted to see them in person.
Is it that bad where some of you live? I haven't seen ANY of these problems

What city/state are you in that the flints are still in the stores? I went to a couple of malls in so cal and they are all sold out?

I really do like the fact that these shoes arent so reflective. as Im getting older along with some other sneaker heads are just not into being so shiny(lol) pretty much the only thing I want on my feet that is shiny is the xi's I do not miss the 3m, back in the day I wouldnt been pissed. But now Im ok with it. This was a dope release with or without the 3m

smh you dont prefer shiny shoes(that only shine w/ flash) but u dont mind the shiny'ist(patent leather) and most un subtle of them all, the XI.go sit in the corner.
stop hating cause I dont want to look 12 years old. if they only shine with flash then why is it a big deal? are you a big hollywood star that is constantly having your picture taken? no your not. your probably in the same group that was upset that the altitudes have 3m. stop following everyone else's oppinion. I would like the 3m on the V, that shoe it is important that its there, the 3 not so much to tell the truth IMO the only type of shoes that 3m belongs on is a running shoe, and that is more of a safety feature than anything else there. Form your own oppinion and stop being a follower... if you dont own this shoe, you really dont know how nice the quality of  it is. pictures really do not do it justice.  

yeah im a follower cuz i rather hav a clone of the original. funny thing is, if thats the case so are u. given the option u would not choose a watered down version of the og , dont lie.my opinion is the same as when i bought them when they first came out. opening the box think'n "these are hot. this is how it should be premium quality."id rather have no 3m on the altitudes. in fact im thinking about buying ogs of every release just to stunt on fouls who dont know no better and settle for everything put out. id walk into the store with crisp no 3m altitudes on then try on the 3ms with a different version on each foot, turn down the new versions and walk out of the store with the best xiii's on. but i guess im a follower cuz i dont conform to low standards.did u say 3m should only be on running shoes cuz of the saftey hazzard...........off ya self, reallydont you know if jordan followed buy what you think is right the shoes would never evolve hence no air pockets, no zoom, no XIs. all we would have would be some all stars. i feel dumber just reading your post. no offense.

Your missing my point, Im tired of seeing the same 10-15 users complain about every release, the og guys like ninjahood, I can accept there oppinion, theyve been there for a while like me. But when he has a complaint or some of the other OG users all of the young cats jump on board with the same complaints half the time not even knowing what there talking about. If you dont like what they did with the shoe, dont buy it, then keep it moving I would have bought these either way with or without the 3m, wanted them back when they were og, but my parents were broke, then I wanted them in 05, but I was broke and in college working on my degree. So whether it was there or not I would have bought them. I didnt mean it as 3m should not be on jordan's Im just saying that it doesnt have a use other than aesthetics. I dont see what the big deal is though, if it is only visible when the shoe is photographed with the flash on. I understand that you are upset that they cut a corner on putting the shoe together and upped the price of the shoe I get that. but still you cant tell me that the shoe isnt hot without it. BTW air soles and zoom air would have been around whether it was for Jordan brand or not, those are nike innovations. I dont understand your deal with the insults it makes you look childish, maybe you are a child I dont know. But seriously if the lack of 3m is such a big deal, get some 05's for yourself and keep it moving. 

went to footlocker, tried on
but told the guy I was gonna think about it,
then while I was still in the mall,
checked on niketalk wit my phone and found the shoe is soldout in a lotta places,
so I had to go back to pick up a pair.
the shoe really looks great in person,
3M or not,
still a great shoe, nice release.

Someone should punch Nikes jaw loose for dropping these without 3m.

One of the things that made this shoe for me.

Still copped though, sweet for daytime, good, just not great.

p.s. You blokes need to turn on your spell and grammar check, STAT. 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

if you still need flints, this guy has a pair if you got $475 to spend.   don't offer him anything lower though.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/clo/2080369743.html
roll.gif

we may restock on finishline one more time, it usually happens.

i'm happy with this release. the 3m debate will continue but for the simple joy of having a clean new pair with a nice toebox, no complaints from me

Your missing my point, Im tired of seeing the same 10-15 users complain about every release, the og guys like ninjahood, I can accept there oppinion, theyve been there for a while like me. But when he has a complaint or some of the other OG users all of the young cats jump on board with the same complaints half the time not even knowing what there talking about. If you dont like what they did with the shoe, dont buy it, then keep it moving I would have bought these either way with or without the 3m, wanted them back when they were og, but my parents were broke, then I wanted them in 05, but I was broke and in college working on my degree. So whether it was there or not I would have bought them. I didnt mean it as 3m should not be on jordan's Im just saying that it doesnt have a use other than aesthetics. I dont see what the big deal is though, if it is only visible when the shoe is photographed with the flash on. I understand that you are upset that they cut a corner on putting the shoe together and upped the price of the shoe I get that. but still you cant tell me that the shoe isnt hot without it. BTW air soles and zoom air would have been around whether it was for Jordan brand or not, those are nike innovations. I dont understand your deal with the insults it makes you look childish, maybe you are a child I dont know. But seriously if the lack of 3m is such a big deal, get some 05's for yourself and keep it moving. 
[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]First off, you sound like a @*&^ hopper cause you only respect certain people's gripes because they are "OG". STOP IT!!!! Second as a fellow college graduate, please type like you learned what the sqiggly line underneath a word means on a computer. It means YOU SPELLED SOMETHING INCORRECTLY....3rd you don't know how old anyone is or their back story. I personally am 23, and I can say I saw Jordan play (in his prime and being a DMV native as a Wizard) and wanted these shoes as a kid just as badly as you feel you did. Your "argument" is full of contradictions, other than that, you were on point with somethings you said. [/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]*emotions while reading your post*[/color]

nerd.gif
alien.gif
grin.gif
tired.gif
ohwell.gif

roll.gif

@ theAdimac*** the shoe looking nice isnt the problem becuz its just the shell. jb's not going to do to much to change the shoe in fear of it not selling. but just like you hear people say older players are a shell of themselvs, so are shoes. and what goes into Js isnt what it used to be(see paint cracking, creasing easy or cheap leather). but im not going to sit hear and explain this stuff to someone who wants an inferior product and that makes excuse for jb.

and when i said there wouldnt be a stylish shoe line if people followed your ideas. i meant in general cuz people that create jordans also make nike shoes. and jb only seperated from nike ( to a degree) around the xii i think. so until that point it wasnt a jordan brand and if im not mistaken didnt the same person that created air units create or at least help with the first Js sooooooo.........

and lastly it aint about keeping it moving. i like jordans and grew up on them and want to see them back to the way they use to be. i dont wear them cuz their a fad. i think u got it backwards og heads are fighting for the greater good of the product quality and arent just hype beast who will except anything. im a real fan. and to me, getting the word out about bad product and to not listen to conformist people like you, ( who care less about the quality and in turn make excuse as to why you should except less of a product costing $160+) is better than just "keeping it moving". cuz with your way everybody loses, my way everbody wins.

im sorry for insulting you, i am. but once people like you stop buying jordans then watch the line take a turn for the better. even if it is people who just agree with og heads, whats wrong with that. id rather follow a og head than your logic. atleast i know they care about future jb release and not just hyped ones. even if they dont know what they are talking about. atleast they are on the right side. the side your not on.

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Originally Posted by Guerrilla Warfare

Evybdy & they moma has these on, Thnx JB for bringing em back out
eyes.gif

HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS
eyes.gif
It is, what it is man.
Thats why I won't be breaking mine out until 2011.
^ word, these are summer sneakers anyway, let the hoodboogers ruin their pairs in the winter 
laugh.gif

Just got my pair from NDC. Overall I am pleased, no glue spots or major wrinkles like some are reporting. The only thing frustrating is, and I swear my size (11) has bud luck with this when it comes to 12s and 13s, is that the right shoe's toe leather is way smoother, almost not tumbled, compared to the left. My CDP 12s are the exact same way, and my white/red 12s have a similar problem on the upper of the left shoe. What's the deal with this? Kind of annoying at this point. It's not majorly noticeable, but will definitely irritate me. Will take a pic soon

Originally Posted by The Genesis

The manager was actually being nice by trying to meet you half way and giving you $15 off.. All Footlocker Inc. coupons always say "some exclusions may apply". The store managers get a printout on whats excluded and 9 times out of 10 new releases are on that list. The coupon codes will still work at the register if the employee or manager puts it in but that doesn't mean they are supposed to.

Thanks for the clarification... by this point that's what I figured happened

Ok, here's a pic of the toeboxes so you guys can see what I'm talking about. As you can see, the left shoe is normal, tumbled leather, but the right is much smoother, almost like it didn't go through the tumbling process. I'm mostly frustrated because I've seen this same thing on 2 pairs of 12s I own. Isn't this borderline b-grade? I'm debating what to do, but at this point I don't know if I'll be able to easily find a clean pair of size 11s. Ugh.

Edit: @Zero, I foolishly used Overnight Shipping. I wasn't aware that Nike weren't considering Friday a business day (don't know how that's possible, seeing as it's a HUGE one)... I might call back and try to get some money credited for the shipping

0d729c25e11e4e64b7597d2dceddd35d_7.jpg

Originally Posted by Sour Diesel

Just got my pair from NDC. Overall I am pleased, no glue spots or major wrinkles like some are reporting. The only thing frustrating is, and I swear my size (11) has bud luck with this when it comes to 12s and 13s, is that the right shoe's toe leather is way smoother, almost not tumbled, compared to the left. My CDP 12s are the exact same way, and my white/red 12s have a similar problem on the upper of the left shoe. What's the deal with this? Kind of annoying at this point. It's not majorly noticeable, but will definitely irritate me. Will take a pic soon

When did you get your shipping confirmation? Did you use the free ground shipping? My pairs shipped on Friday but tracking gave me a delayed ETA on when they'll be here...

Yeah, I want a different pair. You guys don't think a store that I didn't buy them from would let me swap right shoes on a new pair, do you?

Back
Top Bottom