Air Jordan xxxiv first info

I’m 39. Wear whatever I want and give no damns. I grew up in the golden age of kicks and it’s part of who I am. If someone thinks a 40 year old can’t rock dope kicks they need to kick rocks. I lived the era that started it all. I love seeing old heads continue to show their passion for what they love. Plus I get major points from my son and his friends. “Your dad always has heat!” LOL!

Always be TRUE to YOU! Who gives a damn about what others think...

So very true Leroy!! We're close to the same age (I'm 43) and I loved growing up when I did. All the awesome shoes that were available when we were younger was the best! I'll wear all the crazy stuff and enjoy the day!! If I saw you walking around in the mall and noticed some old-school shoes, I'd definitely compliment you on them!!

I'm sorry, but you don't put an age on maturity. Some young people in their early 20s are very mature for their age, while some people, who are older than me (43) are way too immature (going out getting wasted, etc). Tony, may I ask a question? So if I was to wear, not these, but anything rather different or wild on my feet (which I do all the time), does that make me immature? Just want to grasp this notion.

Maturity is based on more than just age. It's other things like life experience. I got diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis at 16. It's a horrid disease that at the time (1993) wasn't widely known. Now, I didn't do anything bad when I was younger. I just went to school, and played tennis and basketball as a kid. Never partied, or drank or anything like that. But when I got diagnosed, I had to grow up quick as it was doctors visits one after the other. 8 years later had surgery to remove my entire large intestine. Eventually needing a liver transplant and dealing with liver failure (2 weeks to go before I had it done) makes you have to grow up, take everything more serious but also, to love life and live it fully every day. And that means I'll wear whatever the bleep I want to. And the Blue Voids will me mine on the 25th and I will wear them as soon as they arrive (probably to church too with my dress clothes). If someone wants to call me immature due to my shoe choices, that shows how sad their life is to call out some else they don't even know.
Its my own personal preference in style....its not about what others see its about what I see... I dont even think I wouldve been down with bright green purple gridded shoes @ 13 let alone 37. I assure you its not about 'confidence lol' or any of that bs. Its simply about what pleases my own eyes when I put on an outfit.

how is that hard to comprehend?

As far as your question goes, I wouldnt think twice about what youre wearing. Its not my concern. I personally am just trying to move from the 'athletic at all times' look into something more dressed up. I dont see why thats such a crazy concept

I’m 39. Wear whatever I want and give no damns. I grew up in the golden age of kicks and it’s part of who I am. If someone thinks a 40 year old can’t rock dope kicks they need to kick rocks. I lived the era that started it all. I love seeing old heads continue to show their passion for what they love. Plus I get major points from my son and his friends. “Your dad always has heat!” LOL!

Always be TRUE to YOU! Who gives a damn about what others think...
I am being TRUE to ME!, and people are telling me its because I give a damn about what others think...

this is hilarious

:lol: mature and tasteful

What :lol:

The kid hasn't even stepped foot on a court yet. Go look at Jordan's rookie numbers and evaluate Zion against them.

And Lebron was and is that athletic marvel.

And them signing Zion probably had a lot to do with the Nike, NCAA and duke.
i didnt have the energy to think of another way to put it last night lol, you know what i meant. I knew it sounded lame at the time but i said f it.

Lebron is trash

Its my own personal preference in style....its not about what others see its about what I see... I dont even think I wouldve been down with bright green purple gridded shoes @ 13 let alone 37. I assure you its not about 'confidence lol' or any of that bs. Its simply about what pleases my own eyes when I put on an outfit.

how is that hard to comprehend?

As far as your question goes, I wouldnt think twice about what youre wearing. Its not my concern. I personally am just trying to move from the 'athletic at all times' look into something more dressed up. I dont see why thats such a crazy concept

It's not hard to comprehend. Only thing I had a question with is you saying you were too mature at 37 to wear them. I hope you weren't insinuating that others are immature if your older and wearing sneakers. To me it's not the "athletic at all times look" but wearing something that's comfortable.

It's not hard to comprehend. Only thing I had a question with is you saying you were too mature at 37 to wear them. I hope you weren't insinuating that others are immature if your older and wearing sneakers. To me it's not the "athletic at all times look" but wearing something that's comfortable.
By that I meant my own 37 yr old self isnt interested in bright colorful easter egg shoes to wear around. Im just not into it. Id say anymore but I dont think I ever was. So maybe its not maturity so to speak but more just personal preference. And as I said a minute ago, Im not concerned with what others wear, and Id probably think it was dope to see a dude my age rocking them. Its just not for me, I dont know how else to put it. Its not part of the outfit in my head that would make me say 'yeah, you look sharp' lol. These days Im more interested in wearing stuff that goes with these:
53433040-46A2-4F5B-B6CE-9A0FE094AD3E.jpeg

This is my current idea of my own perfect rotation at 37. If yours differs from this then more power to you. Theres no room here for those green grid paper jordans made of plastic.

We havent seen an athletic freak like Zion since Bo Jackson. And he just turned 19. Today the sky is the limit for him. I know how the money mindset works, ive seen the shameless narcissistic motives too much in business to ignore the signs.

Jordan didnt sign this kid because hes another Westbrook

He wants you to go "there's Zion, there's Jordan. There's Zion, there's Jordan". The fear of irrelevancy will make you do shameless/harmful things to remain relevant.

Lebron is a point guard in a power forwards body. Who can jump out the gym and has the speed and strength to guard 1-4. Stop saying the Bo Jackson stuff.

It's funny how you talk about maturity but aren't mature enough to give someone credit where it's due, because you don't like them.

Lebron is a point guard in a power forwards body. Who can jump out the gym and has the speed and strength to guard 1-4. Stop saying the Bo Jackson stuff.

It's funny how you talk about maturity but aren't mature enough to give someone credit where it's due, because you don't like them.
He also walks around like a penguin stop. His game is ugly. Id give credit where its due if he wasnt such overblown trash. Theyve been shoving this dude down our throats since 2002. Im way over it. Hes supposed to be this hotshot mj clone and i watched him dissapear in multiple crucial moments over his career. I dont get whats so appealing about him. His fans are easily pleased i guess. Kobe was/is waaaay better but whatever

By that I meant my own 37 yr old self isnt interested in bright colorful easter egg shoes to wear around. Im just not into it. Id say anymore but I dont think I ever was. So maybe its not maturity so to speak but more just personal preference. And as I said a minute ago, Im not concerned with what others wear, and Id probably think it was dope to see a dude my age rocking them. Its just not for me, I dont know how else to put it. Its not part of the outfit in my head that would make me say 'yeah, you look sharp' lol. These days Im more interested in wearing stuff that goes with these:
53433040-46A2-4F5B-B6CE-9A0FE094AD3E.jpeg

This is my current idea of my own perfect rotation at 37. If yours differs from this then more power to you. Theres no room here for those green grid paper jordans made of plastic.
I see those Mach runners ...

Personally I am probably a boring shoe wearer. Im not into all the bright colors either. Im either an all black or white based shoe kind of person. Truly think what he was saying was that the bright stand out colors are just not for him. Maybe should have left the maturity word out of it but I get what he was trying to say. I feel the same way and by no means do I ever look at someone differently because they have the bright color on their feet. I actually enjoy seeing others that do wear em.

It's funny how most want to be different, but then people get picked on for not being the same. Or people relate age to style. Agreed with some of things said above, do what you like. Do what makes you feel good and have fun with it. Most of these shoes are what I wished I could have had when I was a kid, but could never afford and parents said no way. Now I can, so I started to collect and have fun. And ya, I still wear baggy pants.

Eclipse colorway looks dope.

It does look dope. I think I like all the other colorways better but I still like this one. I guess it's too late for a shock drop of the blue voids, so now it's just getting a pair when they drop next week.

He said they run true to size, which works. I'm sure mine will have to break in at first, but I think I'll be okay. He also said what all the reviewers seem to say, which is that the shoe has "bounce". Every time I think about the release, I think about all the kids in the promo event that had the blue voids on. Like, did they not get to keep them? Or did they have to sign agreements not to talk about them or post reviews. I wanna know how they play, dammit. And all the reviews so far don't really say, I guess because Nike is giving them to people with that agreement that performance reviews wait until launch. Forgive me if that's commonly known. I love shoes but I don't know all of the politics stuff behind reviewers.

Back
Top Bottom