AIr jordan XXXV first info.

20210110_115435.jpg

Agreed!

Adding another player's logo on an AJ is just marketing trying too hard to sell a shoe that would sell as much anyway without it as long as it's in a decent colorway to start with and does act as a turn off for a great deal of customers outside of that other player's area or fan base despite a potentially appealing colorway.

I really don't like having to make choices by default. i.e. passing on an otherwise nice shoe because of an irrelevant logo on an Air Jordan.

Go put those other players' logo on a select Jumpman Team model of some sort if you really think it does boosts sales...most often than not they need help with selling and design wise anyway, so chose one, put out a gazillion different players' logo and colorways if you want, that would be more appropriate.

I think people would just be happy with having the possibility to acquire more of those exclusive Air Jordan PE colorways we see on players feet minus the added or swapped logos as they can only act as a potential deterant in most cases and has always almost no added value, if it has.

I remember the last WestBrooks in the Jordan signature. probably one of the most ignored colorway iteration in that release. the one with the Why Not BS at the bottom of the shoe. I don't believe those ending up in the bargain bin has to do with the colorway, but the stigma of it being worn or promoted by WestBrook. for me, it's a great shoe for playing but couldn't get over the fact of wearing them even if they give it to me for free. the stigma of WestBrook for me is just so bad that no matter how good the shoe is, I just couldn't take it. I guess Lebron is lucky. I don't like him a lot, but atleast he is not as despicable as WestBrook.

I remember the last WestBrooks in the Jordan signature. probably one of the most ignored colorway iteration in that release. the one with the Why Not BS at the bottom of the shoe. I don't believe those ending up in the bargain bin has to do with the colorway, but the stigma of it being worn or promoted by WestBrook. for me, it's a great shoe for playing but couldn't get over the fact of wearing them even if they give it to me for free. the stigma of WestBrook for me is just so bad that no matter how good the shoe is, I just couldn't take it. I guess Lebron is lucky. I don't like him a lot, but atleast he is not as despicable as WestBrook.

why don’t you like westbrook? He’s one of my favorite players in the league. Plays hard as hell.

why don’t you like westbrook? He’s one of my favorite players in the league. Plays hard as hell.

I'd like to know too, he seems like a guy everyone would at least like a little. Except maybe Utah fans...

Only had him her in Houston for 1 season, he just didn't fit MDAs system and MDA was way too stubborn to change his coaching style. Westbrook brought 100% every game, I loved that about him (can't say the same about Harden). He got a pass from me in the playoff because he was coming back from injury, and COVID and looked bad. I love the guys intensity and commitment, just not his shot selection sometimes. I was not a big fan until he came here, he was just a really good player to me. I was happy we traded him for his sake, because he just wasn't on board with the laid back locker room atmosphere in Houston.

Was gonna get a few pairs of these but that flight plate is killing the outside of my right foot.

as much as he played hard as hell, he didn't play hard to improve his game and his attitude. it would have been warranted if he barks alot and bring it in the game. but the fact that he doesn't, makes me cringe that he is just there to cause trouble. hated the despicable shot selection, limelight-grabbing, turnovers. ever wonder why Durant left, and never worked out with Melo and Paul George and still didn't worked out with Harden. people were giving him too much credit for his hardwork but never really worked his game and blame it on never having any help. goodness, even CP3 was able to bring the undermanned OKC to the playoffs and pushed the Rockets near the brink of elimination. when younger players like Dame and Spida-Mitchell outplays you, there is really something wrong with you. you can't win basketball games with excitement. if that's the point of WestBrook's basketball career, better join the WWE instead.

Westbrook played fine with George. George had the best season of his career so far playing with him. Was never going to work with Harden. Harden has to have the ball in his hands all time. So does Russ I order to make that offense work. Plus getting outplayed by Dame or Mitchell isn’t really a slight. Not sure where you were going with that one.

Even more so than not being a good fit with Harden. MDA was the worst possible coach for him, he's not a 3pt shooter and thats all MDA and the Rockets wanted.

I see you guys bringing up the past playoffs. Not trying to sway opinions, but he was coming back off an injury and COVID. He was bad no doubt, but he was also no 100%. I'm happy he ended up with Beal. I think they fit together good, but we'll see.

Even more so than not being a good fit with Harden. MDA was the worst possible coach for him, he's not a 3pt shooter and thats all MDA and the Rockets wanted.

I see you guys bringing up the past playoffs. Not trying to sway opinions, but he was coming back off an injury and COVID. He was bad no doubt, but he was also no 100%. I'm happy he ended up with Beal. I think they fit together good, but we'll see.

the "but" part is something to be worried about. not trying to be pessimistic either however Westbrook hasn't shown that he is a good fit with anyone. between him and CP3, the other ones concern is age and injuries, otherwise CP3 would really be a good fit with "any team" except that toxic contract.

the "but" part is something to be worried about. not trying to be pessimistic either however Westbrook hasn't shown that he is a good fit with anyone. between him and CP3, the other ones concern is age and injuries, otherwise CP3 would really be a good fit with "any team" except that toxic contract.

I agree to an extent, ill change my stance if he has trouble playing with Beal. I think we can all agree he just wasn't right for the Rockets system at all. I still see him as a likeable player though, regardless of his flaws.

Edit: I would have liked to see him in Silas' system, I hated MDA and his stubbornness to adjust to utilize Westbrooks skills and play his 7 man rotation.

westbrooks kinda old now and there are too many young guards that are good or have potential in the nba...you cant just give a team to russ anymore...hes gonna keep ending up on half-way there teams and itll never work out

but with that being said...if or when westbrook comes off the bench as a 6th man...its gonna be tough for teams...if hes on the 2nd unit of an established playoff team, i think theyd be hard to beat

I agree to an extent, ill change my stance if he has trouble playing with Beal. I think we can all agree he just wasn't right for the Rockets system at all. I still see him as a likeable player though, regardless of his flaws.

Edit: I would have liked to see him in Silas' system, I hated MDA and his stubbornness to adjust to utilize Westbrooks skills and play his 7 man rotation.
Calling that Rockets culture a “system” is being generous LOL. One guy dribbling and gunning away a billion possessions per game is not a system most NBA stars will fit into as sidekicks.

Calling that Rockets culture a “system” is being generous LOL. One guy dribbling and gunning away a billion possessions per game is not a system most NBA stars will fit into as sidekicks.

I meant locker room culture. Its pretty well known in Houston Hardens player's are late or get excused form practices, go to strip clubs ALL the time, MDA had more "shootaround" practices than working on play and gameplan practices. Just things like that. From what I've heard about WB; is he's always on time, first there last to leave type guy, and it was a culture shock to him. Its now come out in the media, and Even WB said himself.

And by system I meant MDS's system of which you accurately descibed🤣. The could have made a system to accommodate WB more. MDA was just to stubborn to even try some different ideas out or play more than a 7 man roatation no matter the circumstances. I was so happy to see him go.

I meant locker room culture. Its pretty well known in Houston Hardens player's are late or get excused form practices, go to strip clubs ALL the time, MDA had more "shootaround" practices than working on play and gameplan practices. Just things like that. From what I've heard about WB; is he's always on time, first there last to leave type guy, and it was a culture shock to him. Its now come out in the media, and Even WB said himself.

And by system I meant MDS's system of which you accurately descibed🤣. The could have made a system to accommodate WB more. MDA was just to stubborn to even try some different ideas out or play more than a 7 man roatation no matter the circumstances. I was so happy to see him go.
I don’t blame MDA for anything other than being a walkover. Like you say, everyone just catered to Harden. Pathetic. Anyway, back to the shoes ...

Westbrook played fine with George. George had the best season of his career so far playing with him. Was never going to work with Harden. Harden has to have the ball in his hands all time. So does Russ I order to make that offense work. Plus getting outplayed by Dame or Mitchell isn’t really a slight. Not sure where you were going with that one.

kinda reminds me of one rec team we played with where 2 notorious players just held the ball to themselves. the 3 of us just stopped playing and went to the bench just to embarrass them. to begin with, we were already losing because of their behavior.

iverson-practice.jpg

Back
Top Bottom