Am I foul?

You should go, that's the only reason
they never told you you weren't a unplanned child.
She's been waiting for this day..

- It's just selfish imo.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Partly it's because I never particularly cared for school...partly because I need my space due to everything I've been going through with no outlet....partly because I'm just plain tired.

she wants to talk about family. I dont even want to bring up past stuff she's said to me....

My sis didnt go to hers so i dont see the big deal. and my sis gets away with everything.
You don't think you're being a tad bit selfish in this situation? Yeah you got a lot of things going on in your life, but you areshunning the people who DO care about you.....even if you don't care for school, finishing college is a BIG deal especially for those who raisedus....I'm sure along the way you got support from family members...do them right, and walk....

I'm not shunning her or my family. we can do something a bit more private. I told someone how i felt and they said i'm a bit of a sociopath. I justdont see the point of going to it. She did help me out with school (child support FTW/FTL) but I just need my space.

I have ppl calling/texting me all day. Easter Im with my family and I had to take calls and drag ppl from their family for this bull !*+ %@# this dude washaving...on top of that, I'm mentally worn out. Summer's coming up and I need t oget away...if i could afford it i'd just go away to Jamaica for mybday for a good week and just chill out

Once you stop having you temper tantrum just go. You did 4, 5, maybe 6 yrs of college. What is ONE day for like 3 hrs going to do to you. My last name startswith W and I had to sit in a graduating class of 500 at my undergrad and 600 at my graduate school (in the hot sun) I didnt want to but I done it for myfamily.

Make your moms proud on Mothers Day. That will be the best girft for her.

Suck it up, Man Up and Go.

dude I'm sorry to hear about your misfortunes, but you are being selfish. Wasn't that her mom that died, or a in law? She has been going thru it tooI'm sure.

I just watched my mom and dad cry at my sister's ceremony Sunday. These milestones have a special meaning to them.

Please do it for your mother. Take some time to yourself afterwards

A little bit. While it's understandable why you wouldn't want to go, maybe instead of being reclusive, this could be your effort to heal and get backon track mentally a little bit. If you never force yourself to be uncomfortable and just do things, you'll never get out of the rut.

Originally Posted by sk23

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by ericberry14

yes you are...

that is something that every parents looks forward to... & you're taking that away from her...

all the things your mother did for you... & you cant do this one thing for her

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

you don't have to do anything that you don't want to.
addendum to this is that you also will show the people around you how much you really care for their feelings.

suck it up.
...I didn't want to go to my graduation but I know it would make my parents happy if I did

a shame you don't give a rat's %#$ about your mom.

Partly it's because I never particularly cared for school...partly because I need my space due to everything I've been going through with no outlet....partly because I'm just plain tired.

she wants to talk about family. I dont even want to bring up past stuff she's said to me....

My sis didnt go to hers so i dont see the big deal. and my sis gets away with everything.
Maybe your mom realizes it was a mistake not making her go. Or maybe your mom expects more out of you than she does from your sister.

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

na i dont think so..

the hs graduation is for them..the college one is for YOU.. if you dont want to go, then dont

unless she paid for it...

I didn't go to my graduation. I hated my college and I graduated a lot later then most people. Instead my parents threw me a big BBQ with all of my familyand took pictures there to celebrate. That was pretty much my idea of a graduation.

blackmagnus514 wrote:
I'm not shunning her or my family. we can do something a bit more private. I told someone how i felt and they said i'm a bit of a sociopath. I just dont see the point of going to it. She did help me out with school (child support FTW/FTL) but I just need my space.

I have ppl calling/texting me all day. Easter Im with my family and I had to take calls and drag ppl from their family for this bull !*+ %@# this dude was having...on top of that, I'm mentally worn out. Summer's coming up and I need t oget away...if i could afford it i'd just go away to Jamaica for my bday for a good week and just chill out

Originally, i felt you were being selfish

but i can totally understand your reasoning. I think you should explain to her how you feel just like you did for us.

You should go just to be considerate to your mom. Its not like its gonna kill you to go.

you know this how? I do care about her...it's just I need my space. Due to the nature of my business (Cornerstone/IMG), I'm always runningaround somewhere meeting new ppl. I just want some space where I can just chill out.

My mom isnt the type to just let things rock. My sister was supposed to be the genius and she didnt even go to hers. So because I'm trying to do somethingwith my life but yet dont wanna go to a 4 hour ceremony I'm the bad guy? I'll be happier when I get a big check and residuals. I hated school. I seethe point of it. Always did. I met some cool ppl, networked, got some cool internships. but end of the day I need my privacy. I want a dinner. If she or anyoneelse doesnt get it by now that I'm not alright, they wont.

you know this how? I do care about her...it's just I need my space. Due to the nature of my business (Cornerstone/IMG), I'm always running around somewhere meeting new ppl. I just want some space where I can just chill out.

My mom isnt the type to just let things rock. My sister was supposed to be the genius and she didnt even go to hers. So because I'm trying to do something with my life but yet dont wanna go to a 4 hour ceremony I'm the bad guy? I'll be happier when I get a big check and residuals. I hated school. I see the point of it. Always did. I met some cool ppl, networked, got some cool internships. but end of the day I need my privacy. I want a dinner. If she or anyone else doesnt get it by now that I'm not alright, they wont.

What do you have planned during those 4 hours that you're missing? Graduations are usually in the morning too...

right.. that's your justification for it.

but this is obviously an important milestone for your mom.
you don't care that you're just pissing it away... so be it.

but that's your mom.

Guess I'm built differently than you...b/c I'm 33 yrs old...and I'd STILL do anything for my mom, no matter how uncomfortable or much of aninconvenience it was for me.

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

are you serious? dude you sound like you graduating from kindergarten..."i don't wanna be around a lot of ppl"

Unless you have paid everything associated with you attending school...this is not your decision to make

stop being an $*%$*$$ and give your mom the moment
roll.gif

Maybe you are built differently. good for you.

I have my showcase the night before and then I woulda took some time off work to attend the ceremony. We prolly woulda ate @ some restaurant. I can do that bymyself.

My pops cant tell me @!$ because he never contributed. all those years of saying he'd help me out and he never did.

I just want my space....is that so hard for ppl (including family) to understand.

you have your whole life to "get some space"....would it kill you to do something for someone other than yourself for a measely 4 hours?

psh. I'm done...obviously you've made up your mind about your level of selfishness.
you're comfortable with that and the effects it will have on your family dynamics....so there's no use debating.

Back
Top Bottom