Amar'e Stoudemire agrees to five-year deal with Knicks

Im puzzled..... Is Tracy mcgrady signed with the Knicks, where is he at now? No one is mentioning his name in any of these threads, did I MISS something?

Originally Posted by Jerome in the House

Coming from a PHX fan here. I could care less about Amare at the moment. Good luck paying 20 mil a year for a guy who can't grab a rebound.

I'm telling you guys he isn't worth anywhere close to that kind of money.

can't understand on why you're bitter when he's been an important part of the team for years.

Im a PHX fan as well and this depresses me.

NY's gotta start somewhere. I can see Joe Johnson in a Knicks jersey but not Lebron nor Dwade.

Coming from a PHX fan here. I could care less about Amare at the moment. Good luck paying 20 mil a year for a guy who can't grab a rebound.

can't understand on why you're bitter when he's been an important part of the team for years.

Im a PHX fan as well and this depresses me.

NY's gotta start somewhere. I can see Joe Johnson in a Knicks jersey but not Lebron nor Dwade.

Knicks need to make the sign and trade for Monta happen.  It's a good trade for both teams because the Warriors finally get a legit big in David Lee and Monta would be crazy under D'Antoni

Knicks need to make the sign and trade for Monta happen.  It's a good trade for both teams because the Warriors finally get a legit big in David Lee and Monta would be crazy under D'Antoni

when i think of amare stoudemire i think of a slightly better offensive version of kenyon martin. thats it. people are finally going to realize how overrated he really is if the knicks do not get lebron or a playmaking guard.

when i think of amare stoudemire i think of a slightly better offensive version of kenyon martin. thats it. people are finally going to realize how overrated he really is if the knicks do not get lebron or a playmaking guard.

People are going to be critical no matter what. It would've been WAYYY worse and people would've been clowning on the Knicks like crazy if we got nothing out of this FA period. And let's not act like we are out of the LBJ sweepstakes yet. If anything we put ourselves in the best possible situation by actually adding someone rather than just sitting around.

People are going to be critical no matter what. It would've been WAYYY worse and people would've been clowning on the Knicks like crazy if we got nothing out of this FA period. And let's not act like we are out of the LBJ sweepstakes yet. If anything we put ourselves in the best possible situation by actually adding someone rather than just sitting around.

Good stuff
pimp.gif

We need another piece though, hopefully it'll be a guy like Lebron
but we'll see. I still think LBJ will stay in CLE and Wade to Chicago.

Knicks could always add a 2nd guy after next season, but if they can
land someone else now that'll be perfect.

I'm just glad JJ stayed with ATL.

Good stuff
pimp.gif

We need another piece though, hopefully it'll be a guy like Lebron
but we'll see. I still think LBJ will stay in CLE and Wade to Chicago.

Knicks could always add a 2nd guy after next season, but if they can
land someone else now that'll be perfect.

I'm just glad JJ stayed with ATL.

We(Knicks fans) already know this. We need to get better now and he was the only sure thing. The deal HAD to be done.

We(Knicks fans) already know this. We need to get better now and he was the only sure thing. The deal HAD to be done.

Why did we sign Amar'e before hearing Bosh's decision? I thought Bosh was on our targeted FA big man.

Why did we sign Amar'e before hearing Bosh's decision? I thought Bosh was on our targeted FA big man.

Originally Posted by jumpfreak23

being from Toronto i think you guys got the better player. people can criticize Amare's rebounding ability all they want but he's the better player IMO. He plays aggressive on the offensive end and doesn't settle which Bosh tends to do a lot........I think the Knicks would do better with Amare than Bosh if they could only one max guy this off season.

also, good to see the Knicks being aggressive rather than waiting on Bron/Bosh's decision cause all "sources" seem to suggest them heading elsewhere and once everyone gets snatched up and the Knicks end up with no one, yáll are still gonna cry about it.............this move put them in the driver seat  (somewhat?) and to show Bron there's that other guy to play with be it Bosh or Amare......I like this signing. 

p.s Amare also has that NYC swag 
pimp.gif
his swag + NYC = swag x 100000 trillion!

Originally Posted by jumpfreak23

being from Toronto i think you guys got the better player. people can criticize Amare's rebounding ability all they want but he's the better player IMO. He plays aggressive on the offensive end and doesn't settle which Bosh tends to do a lot........I think the Knicks would do better with Amare than Bosh if they could only one max guy this off season.

also, good to see the Knicks being aggressive rather than waiting on Bron/Bosh's decision cause all "sources" seem to suggest them heading elsewhere and once everyone gets snatched up and the Knicks end up with no one, yáll are still gonna cry about it.............this move put them in the driver seat  (somewhat?) and to show Bron there's that other guy to play with be it Bosh or Amare......I like this signing. 

p.s Amare also has that NYC swag 
pimp.gif
his swag + NYC = swag x 100000 trillion!

Bosh would have logged minutes at the 5 with the Knicks, something he didn't want to do. Amar'e can slide in and out of the 4 and 5 with ease in D'Antoni's offense.

Bosh would have logged minutes at the 5 with the Knicks, something he didn't want to do. Amar'e can slide in and out of the 4 and 5 with ease in D'Antoni's offense.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

It's a steep price, but that's what happens when moron GMs give bums like Amir Johnson big money.
knicks are dumb. no way i give this guy any money with the knees and eyes he has
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

It's a steep price, but that's what happens when moron GMs give bums like Amir Johnson big money.
knicks are dumb. no way i give this guy any money with the knees and eyes he has
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom