Amar'e Stoudemire agrees to five-year deal with Knicks

Originally Posted by Wade187

Good move. Even with Bron you aren't contenders, but at least you'll be exciting. They get a good two guard or even Tony and this will be a team to watch.

Are you ******ed?

Originally Posted by Wade187

Good move. Even with Bron you aren't contenders, but at least you'll be exciting. They get a good two guard or even Tony and this will be a team to watch.

Are you ******ed?

Move is useless unless the Knicks can grab at least a 2nd tier point to run D'Antoni's offense

Move is useless unless the Knicks can grab at least a 2nd tier point to run D'Antoni's offense

How much $$$ was he getting in phx? Amare is dumb for this, he should have stayed with the sun and play with nash. He is not going to lure anybody. sorry. 

How much $$$ was he getting in phx? Amare is dumb for this, he should have stayed with the sun and play with nash. He is not going to lure anybody. sorry. 

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Originally Posted by Jerome in the House

Coming from a PHX fan here. I could care less about Amare at the moment. Good luck paying 20 mil a year for a guy who can't grab a rebound.

I'm telling you guys he isn't worth anywhere close to that kind of money.
The funny thing is, he left the Suns, to go play gutter ball in the east.

Oh well is right.
just chalk it up to another case of an athlete who would rather take more money from a crap team than win.  I don't think he was worth the max either.  I could see the Knicks regretting this big time in a year or two.

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Coming from a PHX fan here. I could care less about Amare at the moment. Good luck paying 20 mil a year for a guy who can't grab a rebound.

The funny thing is, he left the Suns, to go play gutter ball in the east.

Oh well is right.
just chalk it up to another case of an athlete who would rather take more money from a crap team than win.  I don't think he was worth the max either.  I could see the Knicks regretting this big time in a year or two.

opohaf.jpg

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

can't understand on why you're bitter when he's been an important part of the team for years.

Im a PHX fan as well and this depresses me.

NY's gotta start somewhere. I can see Joe Johnson in a Knicks jersey but not Lebron nor Dwade.

I'm not bitter at all. I'm not happy either. I just don't care about him leaving. We are going to rebuild our team to stay contenders. Sarver's cheap $$# didn't want to offer Amare a serious deal so he walked, I hope he is successful in NY but I don't see it happening. Amare didn't get NY treatment in PHX, once people see his defensive skills (or lack there of) they will roast him.

NY fans hated on Amare the most back in the day here on NT.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

can't understand on why you're bitter when he's been an important part of the team for years.

Im a PHX fan as well and this depresses me.

NY's gotta start somewhere. I can see Joe Johnson in a Knicks jersey but not Lebron nor Dwade.

I'm not bitter at all. I'm not happy either. I just don't care about him leaving. We are going to rebuild our team to stay contenders. Sarver's cheap $$# didn't want to offer Amare a serious deal so he walked, I hope he is successful in NY but I don't see it happening. Amare didn't get NY treatment in PHX, once people see his defensive skills (or lack there of) they will roast him.

NY fans hated on Amare the most back in the day here on NT.

Originally Posted by Dragon

Phx offered him 5 yrs 96 million, so it's basically a 4million dollar difference, 800k a yr but mostly the fact he didn't want to play there anymore.

I bet he shoots a career low in fg% this yr. Don't discount how easy Nash makes it for him (and everybody he plays with).

Originally Posted by Dragon

Phx offered him 5 yrs 96 million, so it's basically a 4million dollar difference, 800k a yr but mostly the fact he didn't want to play there anymore.

I bet he shoots a career low in fg% this yr. Don't discount how easy Nash makes it for him (and everybody he plays with).

Congrats to you Knicks fan.

Regardless of what Lebron decides at least you won't be left empty handed.

Amar'e should thrive being back in D'Antoni's offense.

Congrats to you Knicks fan.

Regardless of what Lebron decides at least you won't be left empty handed.

Amar'e should thrive being back in D'Antoni's offense.

I like it. Wonder who else Knicks are gonna pick up

tomorrow/next few days should be Wild for the NBA

Back
Top Bottom