American Dream

Originally Posted by AEA18

Originally Posted by PoloLax

I think it was the Mafia. I was watching Mobsters on Bio. and JFK's dad had a lot of ties to the Mafia and they helped JFK get elected. 
Can't find the episode on youtube but it was the Sam Giancana episode.

I think it's thought among a lot of people that the Kennedy's ALWAYS had money. It's not true. From my understanding, the Kennedy's were heavy into bootlegging alcohol from Canada during Prohibition, correct? Does this have anything to do with the Mob ties?

Yeah Kennedy's dad was about that bootlegging life 
laugh.gif

It's misleading to say 'the Kennedy's' were involved in bootlegging. But during Prohibition Joe Kennedy did have a substantial stake in illegally importing liquor from Canada for distribution throughout the country. As such, he moved in the same circles as organized crime figures. It is rumored that the Italian Mafia played a significant roll in JFK's election. RFK started rocking the boat, however. Despite warnings from his father, while in authority RFK went after several OC bigwigs. This is well documented in the book Paddy Whacked by TJ English. I believe that the Mafia was responsible for the assassination, as a revenge move.

I think it was the Mafia. I was watching Mobsters on Bio. and JFK's dad had a lot of ties to the Mafia and they helped JFK get elected. 

I think it's thought among a lot of people that the Kennedy's ALWAYS had money. It's not true. From my understanding, the Kennedy's were heavy into bootlegging alcohol from Canada during Prohibition, correct? Does this have anything to do with the Mob ties?

laugh.gif

It's misleading to say 'the Kennedy's' were involved in bootlegging. But during Prohibition Joe Kennedy did have a substantial stake in illegally importing liquor from Canada for distribution throughout the country. As such, he moved in the same circles as organized crime figures. It is rumored that the Italian Mafia played a significant roll in JFK's election. RFK started rocking the boat, however. Despite warnings from his father, while in authority RFK went after several OC bigwigs. This is well documented in the book Paddy Whacked by TJ English. I believe that the Mafia was responsible for the assassination, as a revenge move.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom