and you wonder why no one like NYPD...

Originally Posted by tim teufel

i dont see how the cop did anything wrong here. what was cpr gonna do for the kid? if anything the mother should be charged with murder for not having the asthma pump thing. these people just want to sue the city for millions 
What in the hell.

I wanted to bold and address certain parts of your post, but it's all fail.

Please read more before you post.  It saves us from reading uninformed stupidity.

RIP to the little girl.

As a former asthmatic (crossing my fingers it never comes back), I don't think CPR would have done much for her. I've never had a severe asthma attack before, but even moderate to mild ones make you feel completely out of breath, gasping for air. The police officer should have been able to assess the situation by visually just looking at the little girl struggling and he should have done the right thing: get them in his car and rush to the hospital to get that big dose of albuterol she needs.

I think the police officer was just trying to do his job and give a citation - but I think being a good human being takes precedence over a damn job duty. It feels very sad to know that she didn't make it past the asthma attack, I know that lingering feeling of a "what if" moment, if an attack became so severe I could pass away. They are rare I think so it is just very sad.

RIP to the little girl.

As a former asthmatic (crossing my fingers it never comes back), I don't think CPR would have done much for her. I've never had a severe asthma attack before, but even moderate to mild ones make you feel completely out of breath, gasping for air. The police officer should have been able to assess the situation by visually just looking at the little girl struggling and he should have done the right thing: get them in his car and rush to the hospital to get that big dose of albuterol she needs.

I think the police officer was just trying to do his job and give a citation - but I think being a good human being takes precedence over a damn job duty. It feels very sad to know that she didn't make it past the asthma attack, I know that lingering feeling of a "what if" moment, if an attack became so severe I could pass away. They are rare I think so it is just very sad.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by Diego

I agree with you. But like said earlier in this post if the cops following her there she should be ok to speed.  So if he used his siren and rushed her then he could have saved maybe 2 or 3 minutes.  But who is to say whether or not that would be the difference.  And if this story came out sounding like this best believe id be vanished for a while.  People in this thread have said "i would kill him with my bare hands"  i would be a little apprehensive to say the least about saying I was that cop and here is my story. 

I just think its a bit of an over reaction by the media to report just one side of the story....and for the record i do not like cops lol.
She went the wrong way on a 1 way street and hit a parked car. How stupid was this cop to continue to let her drive given what just happened. He could and should have used his car.
When it comes to anything having to do with breathing, 2 or 3 minutes can be the difference between life and death.

I dont see how you can justify this guy not coming out and speaking his side of the story.
Had it not been for the investigation they did he would still be unknown.
Thats a coward bro. 

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

CURTISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Oh you mad cause Indians are taking your job?

grin.gif

Not a cop btw.
I don't want to come across like im justifying it.  He was definitely in the wrong for not taking action.  But i think if the girl would have lived the story may be flipped like "o he followed us all the way to the hospital thank god he was there to assists us."  Just bad circumstances all around.  
I think people would still call the cop out.  I'm sure we can all agree a cop has the power to get around a city faster than a normal car.  At very least, we should be able to agree that a cop car with a siren on can move around in a city much quicker than a regular car with a cop following it.

If a cop won't use his powers to preserve innocent life, then what the
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif
do we keep them around for?

I agree with you. But like said earlier in this post if the cops following her there she should be ok to speed.  So if he used his siren and rushed her then he could have saved maybe 2 or 3 minutes.  But who is to say whether or not that would be the difference.  And if this story came out sounding like this best believe id be vanished for a while.  People in this thread have said "i would kill him with my bare hands"  i would be a little apprehensive to say the least about saying I was that cop and here is my story. 

I just think its a bit of an over reaction by the media to report just one side of the story....and for the record i do not like cops lol.
She went the wrong way on a 1 way street and hit a parked car. How stupid was this cop to continue to let her drive given what just happened. He could and should have used his car.
When it comes to anything having to do with breathing, 2 or 3 minutes can be the difference between life and death.

I dont see how you can justify this guy not coming out and speaking his side of the story.
Had it not been for the investigation they did he would still be unknown.
Thats a coward bro. 

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

CURTISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Oh you mad cause Indians are taking your job?

grin.gif

Not a cop btw.
I don't want to come across like im justifying it.  He was definitely in the wrong for not taking action.  But i think if the girl would have lived the story may be flipped like "o he followed us all the way to the hospital thank god he was there to assists us."  Just bad circumstances all around.  
I think people would still call the cop out.  I'm sure we can all agree a cop has the power to get around a city faster than a normal car.  At very least, we should be able to agree that a cop car with a siren on can move around in a city much quicker than a regular car with a cop following it.

If a cop won't use his powers to preserve innocent life, then what the
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif
do we keep them around for?

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

smh.gif
w/ actions like this ... people will continue to say F the police ...
And theyd still sound ignorant as hell every time they say it.

THIS
but really that's super unfortunate. He really could of done more, he obviously wasn't doing anything too important if he followed her to the hospital.
If he would of drove them there and the child still died then he could of left knowing that there was nothing else he could of done.

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

smh.gif
w/ actions like this ... people will continue to say F the police ...
And theyd still sound ignorant as hell every time they say it.

THIS
but really that's super unfortunate. He really could of done more, he obviously wasn't doing anything too important if he followed her to the hospital.
If he would of drove them there and the child still died then he could of left knowing that there was nothing else he could of done.

i dont see how the cop did anything wrong here. what was cpr gonna do for the kid? if anything the mother should be charged with murder for not having the asthma pump thing. these people just want to sue the city for millions

laugh.gif
damn son, that was extra harsh.

I don't think the officer was being malicious, probably just cautious.

either way R.I.P to the girl though, terrible way to go out.

laugh.gif
damn son, that was extra harsh.

I don't think the officer was being malicious, probably just cautious.

either way R.I.P to the girl though, terrible way to go out.

Bringing an asthma sufferer to play in a park on such a hot day (there was no mention of whether or not the child had an inhaler) is a bit negligent on the parent but this is completely messed up nonetheless.

Totally heartless and inhumane for the police to ignore the mother's pleas. Happened in my girl's neighborhood. Doubt the same kind of treatment would've been displayed toward a more "typical" Boerum Hill resident. That cop would be out of a job at the very least, but instead he's getting a slap on the wrist and facing a "departmental charge" - whatever that means.

NYPD are awful. They're some of the most uneducated and uncultured group of people who are allowed to hold jobs.

Bringing an asthma sufferer to play in a park on such a hot day (there was no mention of whether or not the child had an inhaler) is a bit negligent on the parent but this is completely messed up nonetheless.

Totally heartless and inhumane for the police to ignore the mother's pleas. Happened in my girl's neighborhood. Doubt the same kind of treatment would've been displayed toward a more "typical" Boerum Hill resident. That cop would be out of a job at the very least, but instead he's getting a slap on the wrist and facing a "departmental charge" - whatever that means.

NYPD are awful. They're some of the most uneducated and uncultured group of people who are allowed to hold jobs.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

People are quick to blame the police officer but at the very very least, the parents SHOULD have had an albuterol dispenser/inhaler on hand. I mean c'mon, you have an asthmatic child and you don't carry an inhaler? That is just being stupid. I say the parents are slightly to blame as well - I would kill my mom if she never gave me an inhaler when I was a kid, I don't care how expensive they are or whether you don't have health coverage - life > money.

People are quick to blame the police officer but at the very very least, the parents SHOULD have had an albuterol dispenser/inhaler on hand. I mean c'mon, you have an asthmatic child and you don't carry an inhaler? That is just being stupid. I say the parents are slightly to blame as well - I would kill my mom if she never gave me an inhaler when I was a kid, I don't care how expensive they are or whether you don't have health coverage - life > money.

Originally Posted by Ducky Quack

The thing is that albuterol inhalers aren't expensive at all. A generic brand inhaler at a pharmacy will run you about $10 w/o insurance.

Originally Posted by Ducky Quack

The thing is that albuterol inhalers aren't expensive at all. A generic brand inhaler at a pharmacy will run you about $10 w/o insurance.

It's a shame that happened, that cop was wrong for not taking the girl to the hospital. I can't wait til I am a cop so I can do the right thing. Alot of people already don't like cops and things like this dont help that oulook at all. R.I.P. to the little girl.

It's a shame that happened, that cop was wrong for not taking the girl to the hospital. I can't wait til I am a cop so I can do the right thing. Alot of people already don't like cops and things like this dont help that oulook at all. R.I.P. to the little girl.

Back
Top Bottom