Any Dentists on NT?

Not a dentist but all I can tell u is that it's very lucrative, more than most doctors besides certain specialized doctors etc.  A lot of dentists do end up having back problems tho so it does take a toll on you.  If you go the route of cosmetic dentistry you can make millions bc they're like the plastic surgeons of dentistry.  I know the cosmetic dentist that works on all my clients makes millions as their veneers have ran from $12,000 to $50,000.  That's all the info I can tell u

im a dental lab technician. i work for one of the bigger dental labs in the US. A ton of dentists are hack jobs, straight up horrible. some of the stuff the send us makes me feel bad for the patient.

you know that crown you just paid $1500+ for? we charged the dentist about $100.

Last edited:
Went to a dentist that was free through my insurance, horrible experience

Paid 10K out of pocket for the rest of my dental work at a cosmetic dentist and didn't feel a thing

Med, Law, Dental, and Pharm are all difficult but if you get through it definitely pays off. My dentist works 6 months a year

Last edited:
do they still have the highest suicide rates? srs
never heard of that, i know cops and psychologist did and do.

better be committed OP if that's your aim. you don't want to be 7 or so years deep and say **** it and all you did was waste your time and money.

i wanted to be a dental hygienist since i heard it paid well and was super chill and only took 2-4 years of schooling.

My mom is a Dentist. Great field. Great hours. Great pay.

Nice, thanks for the reply cuzin. I am exploring fields, I have the grades for it, but I am deciding whether I should go all in or not. It is like 300K tuition for the top private schools.
Good to hear your mother is doing well. Does she work private practice?

Oh and the suicide rates thing? lol i think thats just an myth..

Truth is dentistry is a highly competitive field, and you have to be "all in" if you want to pursue it, just deciding whether that is the route i want to go.

Guys, feel free to share your perspectives ..

Would love to hear from guys/gals who have been thru Dental school or are pre dental, or actual dentists.

im a dental lab technician. i work for one of the bigger dental labs in the US. A ton of dentists are hack jobs, straight up horrible. some of the stuff the send us makes me feel bad for the patient.

you know that crown you just paid $1500+ for? we charged the dentist about $100.

Im sure there are bad people in any field dude. Lawyers, teachers, priests, lol .

My mom has ran her own practice since 1994 if I recall. She worked for a community health center in Hartford CT (inner city) for a few years an also did like a weekend gig or per diem other lil things was always stressed out and said F it did her own thing. I remember real young she would always come home complaining to pops. My mom is a big reason I wanna be my own boss. I don't recall the last time she has worked 40 hrs. She makes her own schedule........and takes vay cay when she wants. Not to mention with all the free time she can put efforts in other ventures. She went to Uconn school of Dentistry. All the other Dentist she know are happy n good.

Last edited:
I'm jus saying, things couldn't have been that bad growing up if ya moms is a dentist.  

I said my childhood was bad or you assumed? Loll I mean my parent are prob the most well off from both sides of my Fam but I mean I dunno born n raised CT from where I'm from I'm just an avg normal kid/family. Everyone got problems. I'm not like a 203 Fairfield County kid from a huge *** mansion.

My mom has ran her own practice since 1994 if I recall. She worked for a community health center in Hartford CT (inner city) for a few years an also did like a weekend gig or per diem other lil things was always stressed out and said F it did her own thing. I remember real young she would always come home complaining to pops. My mom is a big reason I wanna be my own boss. I don't recall the last time she has worked 40 hrs. She makes her own schedule........and takes vay cay when she wants. Not to mention with all the free time she can put efforts in other ventures. She went to Uconn school of Dentistry. All the other Dentist she know are happy n good.

Good info dude. I hear the autonomy of dentistry can be the biggest challenge and also the biggest reward. Some people can't handle money or making their own schedules the right way. I have shadowed a little but i feel they hiding the real facts from me. One dentist a block from my crib pulls up in a blue Masi every morning when i drop my bro to school. Has me like :x

I have always done well in my science courses, and I couldnt see myself doing a non medical related job. Just weighing options.

Last edited:
I said my childhood was bad or you assumed? Loll I mean my parent are prob the most well off from both sides of my Fam but I mean I dunno born n raised CT from where I'm from I'm just an avg normal kid/family. Everyone got problems. I'm not like a 203 Fairfield County kid from a huge *** mansion.
for some reason I thought u said in a post that u grew up poor.  And nah I didn't mean that u grew up like Richie Hilfiger in Greenwich or nothing but thats cool ur moms did her thing

do they still have the highest suicide rates? srs
i think they still do, if everyone hated me i probably would want to kill myself, it's a thankless job. but the pay is 

nthat.gif

for some reason I thought u said in a post that u grew up poor.  And nah I didn't mean that u grew up like Richie Hilfiger in Greenwich or nothing but thats cool ur moms did her thing

I grew up in Camry and Caravan

Lol if ya wanna get more in detail on childhood that's a diff thread. Don't wanna derail. 90s were good times though.

younghollywood, tell me about the market for cosmetic dentistry around your area... is there still a lot of demand in socal for me to open up shop or is there another place with the same potential?

younghollywood, tell me about the market for cosmetic dentistry around your area... is there still a lot of demand in socal for me to open up shop or is there another place with the same potential?
All my girls got their veneers from Kevin Sands in Beverly Hills here http://www.90210dentist.net/.  He's pretty much the go to celebrity dentist for the hollywood crowd along with all the trophy wives in the Beverly hills/Bel Air area.  I can't tell you too much more, I mean miami would have a lot of demand also but you gotta do ur market research.

What I want to know and been wondering is, are Kanye West's teeth real? I'm not talking about those diamonds he has on the bottom. I am talking about the teeth he had before. I'm assuming he lost his teeth in the car accident and got a lot of them replaced.

Back
Top Bottom