Any Dentists on NT?

Dentistry is a good gig. It pays well although not as well as most MD specialites but on par or better than say family practice or pediatrics. You have to have good manual dexterity to be a dentist. The dentistry school where I went to med school has had to let a few people go already a couple years into dental school because of that issue. One of them tragically wound up committing suicide.

Dental school is also nice in that you dont have to complete a residency like you do for being an MD. While it is an option it isnt necessary. Now if you wind up going the OMF route you will spend a long doing post grad residency.

Dentist 4 yrs undergrad + 4 yrs Dental school and get out making good money

vs what I did

4 yrs undergrad + 4 yrs med school + 5yrs residency + 1 year fellowship

That being said if I had to go back and do it again I would choose med school again.

Good luck on your aspirations though

Last edited:
jeezus this guy has EVERYONE in hollywood as his clientele.... if i could get 10% of that patient list id be happy

http://www.beverlyhillscosmeticdentist.com/celebrity-gallery/

Excactly, thats why all my I make sure all the models I manage that need veneers go to him he's THAT DUDE for veneers like how my dude Lenny Hochstein in Miami is for boob jobs.  Where is your office currently located at?

Do you know the go to guy for hairline implants ?

I was pre dent during undergrad for a while. Didn't like it too much so I opted out. I was pre med, and pre pharm as well. I tried it all because my dad's a doctor.

At one time the suicidal rate for dentists were super high. Seeing patients in agony and the drilling sound get to you soon enough I suppose.

A lot of people want to become doctors because of the high pay. It takes many years and lots of money to get there though. Go look at the cost of dental school nowadays. If you don't have someone to pay that for you, it's going to take you years if not a decade or more to pay back the debt.

I have a couple of friends in dental, and pharmacy school and they have no lives. A couple broke off long term relationships. One broke off with his fiancé due to lack of time.

It's a calling more than anything. There are good doctors and bad ones out there. The bad ones are always accepting new patients because no one wants to go see them.

Dentistry is a good gig. It pays well although not as well as most MD specialites but on par or better than say family practice or pediatrics. You have to have good manual dexterity to be a dentist. The dentistry school where I went to med school has had to let a few people go already a couple years into dental school because of that issue. One of them tragically wound up committing suicide.

Dental school is also nice in that you dont have to complete a residency like you do for being an MD. While it is an option it isnt necessary. Now if you wind up going the OMF route you will spend a long doing post grad residency.

Dentist 4 yrs undergrad + 4 yrs Dental school and get out making good money

vs what I did

4 yrs undergrad + 4 yrs med school + 5yrs residency + 1 year fellowship

That being said if I had to go back and do it again I would choose med school again.

Good luck on your aspirations though
OMFS is awesome
nthat.gif

I'm still not sure why so many dentists kill themselves, some speculate it's because they cause people so much pain and they feel bad about it...but so do doctors. Some say it's because they aren't fulfilled in their professions. Then there's the fact that they may have unregulated access to psychogenic drugs?
nerd.gif

Not in dental school, but my girlfriend is in her 2nd year of pharmacy school.

I remember looking over her homework one day and was like :x :lol: . Its definitely worth it in the end, though. School debt can be paid back as long as you live responsibly for the next 5 years or so.

jeezus this guy has EVERYONE in hollywood as his clientele.... if i could get 10% of that patient list id be happy

http://www.beverlyhillscosmeticdentist.com/celebrity-gallery/

Damn, homeboy's work is :smokin

One of my exes got veneers from a dentist in MD. **** looked soooo unnatural. No flow, just a looked like she had a porcelain grill on. :lol:

Looking like Consequence

View media item 585690

Nah kinda like Snooki. Looking like they got a white mouth-guard in their mouth :lol:

younghollywood, i dont have an office but i'm trying to figure out where would be the best place to have one in the future. i'm up in the bay area and would like to service the silicon valley population but that celebrity clientele is something nice.

as for dentists having a high suicide rate... there was a time in the late 80's/early 90's when people who applied for med school could check a box on the app and automatically get deferred to dentistry if they didnt get accepted to med school. needless to say, there are/were a lot of dentists who not working their dream job.

success in dentistry depends on your ability to manage your own business. this also translates into control over the type of lifestyle you want to live as a healthcare professional... to my understanding, MDs dont have as much flexibility in this area.

younghollywood, i dont have an office but i'm trying to figure out where would be the best place to have one in the future. i'm up in the bay area and would like to service the silicon valley population but that celebrity clientele is something nice.

as for dentists having a high suicide rate... there was a time in the late 80's/early 90's when people who applied for med school could check a box on the app and automatically get deferred to dentistry if they didnt get accepted to med school. needless to say, there are/were a lot of dentists who not working their dream job.

success in dentistry depends on your ability to manage your own business. this also translates into control over the type of lifestyle you want to live as a healthcare professional... to my understanding, MDs dont have as much flexibility in this area.
medical specialties with great lifestyle

Dermatology

Opthalmology

Radiology

Basically anyone with their own practice can cater it to fit whatever lifestyle they desire.  The only medical specialties were lifestyle may be an issue are surgical specialties, especially if you work in an academic hospital.

True.
My mom has very good money management and lines of credit. At this point dentistry is just a guaranteed line of cash flow for her. Hell I gotta pick her up today she comin back in from DC at the train station. She always out with her girlfriends. Hamptons, Boston, Aruba etc.

My mom drove Toyota's until she turned 50. Her fave store is Marshalls lol. Her practice is paid off the house I grew up in paid off including all equipment etc and this her 2nd location. I was never spoiled growin up but always had enough my parents both grew up poor. So yea like they say way you were raised does translate to the child I can def say I'm kinda the same way.

True.
My mom has very good money management and lines of credit. At this point dentistry is just a guaranteed line of cash flow for her. Hell I gotta pick her up today she comin back in from DC at the train station. She always out with her girlfriends. Hamptons, Boston, Aruba etc.

My mom drove Toyota's until she turned 50. Her fave store is Marshalls lol. Her practice is paid off the house I grew up in paid off including all equipment etc and this her 2nd location. I was never spoiled growin up but always had enough my parents both grew up poor. So yea like they say way you were raised does translate to the child I can def say I'm kinda the same way.
Did your mom do all your dental work when you had a cavity or wisdom teeth removal?

Back
Top Bottom