Any Golfers on NT?

titleist
sick.gif

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

titleist
sick.gif

nostril, apparently everybody forgot how to make a club look decent this year... titleist with their double adjustment hosel just added EVEN MORE heel weight to all their clubs moreso then all the other brands....

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

titleist
sick.gif

nostril, apparently everybody forgot how to make a club look decent this year... titleist with their double adjustment hosel just added EVEN MORE heel weight to all their clubs moreso then all the other brands....

Personally I love the combos. Can't wait for November. I switched from a VR Tour to a machspeed 8.5 with a UST Proto in it. I'm loving it. I don't care what a club looks like as long as it performs really. I'm disappointed with the stock shaft for the machspeed black.

^
The new method is actually a knockdown version. Soft double insert, not made like the current method. That's why it costs half as much. I got to roll it and they are definitely going after Odyssey with this. The nickel plated finish is really nice in person. Of course Nike putters have left a lot to be desired in the past.

Just wait til FEB. The new ball is big. Remember that Nike was the first with a solid core ball? (Tiger was the first to play it when he dominated at Pebble Beach)

Not sure if there new ball is as big technology breakthrough, but the thing felt great as I putted with it. The driver numbers with it will be interesting as well!

Originally Posted by VanillaFreak13

Personally I love the combos. Can't wait for November. I switched from a VR Tour to a machspeed 8.5 with a UST Proto in it. I'm loving it. I don't care what a club looks like as long as it performs really. I'm disappointed with the stock shaft for the machspeed black.

^
The new method is actually a knockdown version. Soft double insert, not made like the current method. That's why it costs half as much. I got to roll it and they are definitely going after Odyssey with this. The nickel plated finish is really nice in person. Of course Nike putters have left a lot to be desired in the past.

Just wait til FEB. The new ball is big. Remember that Nike was the first with a solid core ball? (Tiger was the first to play it when he dominated at Pebble Beach)

Not sure if there new ball is as big technology breakthrough, but the thing felt great as I putted with it. The driver numbers with it will be interesting as well!
nike's always made good golf balls. my favorite golf ball of all time is the nike tour accuracy dd golf ball. believe me, you don't need to tell me what's coming, i'm very well aware of what's coming and all the hoopla about everything and anything. anyone who knows me on these forums knows i've spent way too much on golf equipment in the past 5+ years and have prototyped, experimented, reviewd and recommended clubs to even be remotely excited about anything. honestly, all these club manufacturers have been pretty much sitting on their laurels in 2009 and 2010. nothing cutting edge has came out aside from the adjustable hosel from taylormade and even that's borderline. now, if you want to talk shafts and the technology there, that's a whole different story but titleist seriously is a joke. they sold cobra who did a lot of their r&d, vokey is retiring, scotty cameron is too big and can easily jump ship and go solo now, and dean snell makes golf balls for taylormade (fyi, dean snell is the one who created the prov1, the prov1 hasnt been as good as it could be since about 4 years ago). someone at nike needs to go ask tinker hatfield to help them with their designs because they may be functionally great, but they simply look like trash. taylormade needs to stop trying to buy everyone out and stop trying to rape every single customer by releasing a club every 3-6 months. callaway needs to move past their fusion technology and create something else new. and cleveland? well, just like the city, they stay losing...

honestly, the only club manufacturer that did something legit is adams with their hybrids. other then that, everything seems more or less the same from the previous years.

Originally Posted by VanillaFreak13

^

nike's always made good golf balls. my favorite golf ball of all time is the nike tour accuracy dd golf ball. believe me, you don't need to tell me what's coming, i'm very well aware of what's coming and all the hoopla about everything and anything. anyone who knows me on these forums knows i've spent way too much on golf equipment in the past 5+ years and have prototyped, experimented, reviewd and recommended clubs to even be remotely excited about anything. honestly, all these club manufacturers have been pretty much sitting on their laurels in 2009 and 2010. nothing cutting edge has came out aside from the adjustable hosel from taylormade and even that's borderline. now, if you want to talk shafts and the technology there, that's a whole different story but titleist seriously is a joke. they sold cobra who did a lot of their r&d, vokey is retiring, scotty cameron is too big and can easily jump ship and go solo now, and dean snell makes golf balls for taylormade (fyi, dean snell is the one who created the prov1, the prov1 hasnt been as good as it could be since about 4 years ago). someone at nike needs to go ask tinker hatfield to help them with their designs because they may be functionally great, but they simply look like trash. taylormade needs to stop trying to buy everyone out and stop trying to rape every single customer by releasing a club every 3-6 months. callaway needs to move past their fusion technology and create something else new. and cleveland? well, just like the city, they stay losing...

honestly, the only club manufacturer that did something legit is adams with their hybrids. other then that, everything seems more or less the same from the previous years.

fyi, if anyone thinks im a nike hater. i'm not really. i am a pretty big fan of nike golf and their products, but the fact of the matter is, the condition of the golf club industry is so poor right now, the products are starting to falter all across the board and its starting to show. what gets me extremely frustrated with this is that in previous times, if the club industry wasn't all that, a company would at least look after their customer by providing them with cheaper overall clubs. companies today though arent even blinking an eye on these prices and in fact are hiking them up. i mean seriously $800 bucks for a brand new set of forged irons forged in CHINA??? cmon....

Originally Posted by reigndrop

bastitch how do you like your taylormade plus irons? i'm just starting and looking for super forgiving irons. i was swinging at the shop the other day and liked them, and just got them online for 300.

are they forgiving?
easy to get up in the air?

I like them for what they are.  I mean, I'm a super beginner, even moreso now that I've actually taken a lesson with a guy that totally destroyed the swing I used to have.

Now that I have a good swing plane, I'm getting the ball up more than I ever have.  They're definitely forgiving, but as with most of  these "performance enhancing" clubs, you definitely lose distance.

I'm actually fighting a pretty bad bout with sciatica, so I haven't been able to play for about 3 weeks now. 

^
I rotate and usually like my Nike/Bridgestones for OBVIOUS reasons. lol. This new prototype feels different from other balls. and the process they use to make them is uber interesting. Very different from Taylormade. 8 steps for the penta to be made and people are scrambling to pick up TP REDS before they're gone forever.

I agree that most golf clubs have reached the limit of what they can do. I remember an engineer for Callaway saying they take about a week or two re-designing irons because there is really nothing left to improve on. It will be interesting what happens after this technology summit that is supposed to happen. The only thing I see happening is them allowing COR limits to be increased and clubs being released similar to Japanese ones. Mostly because everyone wants to sell new drivers and everyone wants to buy them.

Plus this whole wedge fiasco has been a shame.

ive always been a hater of nike golf, other than the first blades they put out. always seemed like inferior stuff to me. kobe, whats the deal with titleist? they trying to model themselves after taylor made or what? i know people always thought their stuff looked dated, but thats what i liked about it.

kobetwo- how you get to experiment all the clubs and stuff? you go the demo day and pga show in orlando? demo day is at orange county national

@nostril... the titleist hosel is a 2 step process. one for the face angle, the other for the lie angle. in theory i suppose it works the best, but i think it adds even more heel bias weight since that means that you have to make stronger (see heavier) parts for less wear and tear. taylormade ran into this problem this year with their new adjustable hosel for the supertri / superdeep. the previous standard r9 hosel had too much heel bias and people complained. as a result, tm made a skinnier one with just a skeletal frame so that the integrity of the design was the same just reduced in weight. this was all good until people kept toying around with their adjustments (and rightfully so) and they started to wear down the aluminum hosel. now because it was worn down, the clubs started to make a creaking / squeaking noise because u all of a sudden had some marginal amounts of play between aluminum and titnaium. titleist will have no other option other then making these pieces even heavier and stronger since there are more moving parts which can lead to more wear and tear.

all the other brands have been doin this and it seems like everyone else is gonna do it in 2011. adams and titlleist in 2010/2011. nike and tm in 2009. cobra in 2010.

@youngmoney, i live in orange county california and i stay far far far away from demo days and golf expos. i just have one of the premier clubmakers as my clubmaker in southern california and he gets a lot of the prototype stuff that gets passed on just as it hits the tour. in the past, we've even hit and tested clubs before the pga guys got a hold of them. it was just pure chance that i found him and because i spent so much money playing around with clubs, he always hooked it up for me.

but believe me when i say this, there is VERY little out there in the past 2009 / 2010 that has been anything exciting. i think the last time i got excited about a club was the taylormade spider in 2008 i think. its just been that way. ive been playing with the same irons for the past year and a half which is absolutely unheard of. the only hybrid that i can stand is a pga tour issued hybrid that cant be purchased through your typical golf retailer. even though ive bought probably 10 putters in the last 8 months, im still always using my 4 year old scotty cameron newport 2 putter when im playing for anything serious. my wedges are all 2 years old (spin milled and x-forged). and im now playing a driver that is less then the optimal 460cc. i literally have been dumping 300 dollar shafts on the golf forums for 100 bucks or less since i had a boatload of them (think ozik hd6, fubukis, obans and fujikuras).

actually come to think of it, the most exciting thing for me this year golf wise was the new black widow tour spikes since they grip better then anything thats ont he market right now.... thats how sad its come to. i get hyped on GOLF SPIKES for the year.....

@nostril... the titleist hosel is a 2 step process. one for the face angle, the other for the lie angle. in theory i suppose it works the best, but i think it adds even more heel bias weight since that means that you have to make stronger (see heavier) parts for  less wear and tear. taylormade ran into this problem this year with their new adjustable hosel for the supertri / superdeep. the previous standard r9 hosel had too much heel bias and people complained. as a result, tm made a skinnier one with just a skeletal frame so that the integrity of the design was the same just reduced in weight. this was all good until people kept toying around with their adjustments (and rightfully so) and they started to wear down the aluminum hosel. now because it was worn down, the clubs started to make a creaking / squeaking noise because u all of a sudden had some marginal amounts of play between aluminum and titnaium. titleist will have no other option other then making these pieces even heavier and stronger since there are more moving parts which can lead to more wear and tear.

all the other brands have been doin this and it seems like everyone else is gonna do it in 2011. adams and titlleist in 2010/2011. nike and tm in 2009. cobra in 2010.

@youngmoney, i live in orange county california and i stay far far far away from demo days and golf expos. i just have one of the premier clubmakers as my clubmaker in southern california and he gets a lot of the prototype stuff that gets passed on just as it hits the tour. in the past, we've even hit and tested clubs before the pga guys got a hold of them. it was just pure chance that i found him and because i spent so much money playing around with clubs, he always hooked it up for me.

but believe me when i say this, there is VERY little out there in the past 2009 / 2010 that has been anything exciting. i think the last time i got excited about a club was the taylormade spider in 2008 i think. its just been that way. ive been playing with the same irons for the past year and a half which is absolutely unheard of. the only hybrid that i can stand is a pga tour issued hybrid that cant be purchased through your typical golf retailer. even though ive bought probably 10 putters in the last 8 months, im still always using my 4 year old scotty cameron newport 2 putter when im playing for anything serious. my wedges are all 2 years old (spin milled and x-forged). and im now playing a driver that is less then the optimal 460cc. i literally have been dumping 300 dollar shafts on the golf forums for 100 bucks or less since i had a boatload of them (think ozik hd6, fubukis, obans and fujikuras).

actually come to think of it, the most exciting thing for me this year golf wise was the new black widow tour spikes since they grip better then anything thats ont he market right now.... thats how sad its come to. i get hyped on GOLF SPIKES for the year.....

Shot an 88 at Cinnabar Hills today off the cinnabar tees.

Very, very tough course, didnt get to play the lake course though.

I had very good day minus a couple holes where i entirely lost my swing.

Anyone in the bay area looking to play?

This year I made the biggest improvements in my game since I started golfing a couple of years ago.. Started out in March as an 18 handicap, now I am down to a 12.3 after the 82 I put up on Saturday at a pretty difficult course. I am thinking about dropping $1800 for a Year Membership at the course I played at. Its near my house and from the tips its around 7200 yards. And the greens are always the best in town (Public courses that is). So for 150 a month I get unlimited play with a cart at anytime, and unlitmited range balls..which I was already dropping $70 bucks a month for unlimited practice at another driving range. I plan on getting down to a 10 or better by end of the year. and hope to get down to a 3 or 4 by midseason next year.... Anyone here check out the Tom Watson DVD that just recently was released? I got Phil's DVD last year and it has done wonders for my short game...

read through some of the thread but looking for a new set of clubs. thinking of getting the taylor made burners - anyone have any experience with them? i am a good not great golfer looking for my first set of nice clubs.

I went ahead with the Burners - got fitted and hopefully the adjustment in club length and lie angle wont take too much getting used to. Cant wait to play with them

I'm looking to replace my TM Burner Plus irons at the moment. They're easy really easy to hit, but they launch the ball way too high for me. Right now I'm looking at some Mizuno MP-58's or some Titleist AP2's. I might just hold off and check out the 2011 Taylormade forged sets, though.

Originally Posted by DinanBMW

I'm looking to replace my TM Burner Plus irons at the moment. They're easy really easy to hit, but they launch the ball way too high for me. Right now I'm looking at some Mizuno MP-58's or some Titleist AP2's. I might just hold off and check out the 2011 Taylormade forged sets, though.

forged tm clubs are  pretty wack this year... they look a LOT like the adams forged blade and cb with the weight screw. if you want something forged and forgiving, look at the mizuno mx300. they got discontinued and replaced by the jpx800 pro. but they supposedly were quite the holy grail of forged game improvement irons

Demoed the Titleist MB 710 irons the other day, must say I was impressed. I'm on the market for forged irons, what else would you suggest kobe? How are the Ping s58s?

the s58s arent forged. the ping anser irons are forged but i dunno who does the forging.....

forged irons:

mizuno mx200, mx300. mp57. mp60. mp52. mp62. NOT THE MP53. pretty much any mizuno forged
nike vr blades and split cavs are pretty nice.
bridgestone j36 are pretty cheap if u can find em and are severely underrated.
i hear the callaway x-forged and x-prototypes are good but i havent hit callaway forged in so long because the sole grinds are absolutely noncompatible with my swing.

those are the only that are really registering with my head right now thats us oem. if you wanna drop MAD bills, then i can suggest you other stuff but we're talking easily $1k+ for a set of irons...

Back
Top Bottom