Any Golfers on NT?

what's the off-season.... this weeks forecast is high 60s and sun in so cal
wink.gif

Originally Posted by k0betw0

what's the off-season.... this weeks forecast is high 60s and sun in so cal
wink.gif

indifferent.gif

The offseason is 20* and snowy in Michigan. 

Range sessions in a heated stall is offseason for me. Then to FL in April and Hilton Head in May.

Hitting range today...trying to get my feel back since I gotta play tomorrow

This will be interesting...

Newbs I thought you were from Jersey? Anywho, I can still play courses in VA where my folks stay, might try to play 18 tomorrow. High of 37 isn't unbearable.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Newbs I thought you were from Jersey? Anywho, I can still play courses in VA where my folks stay, might try to play 18 tomorrow. High of 37 isn't unbearable.
Nope. Grand Rapids MI.

Switching my grip from over-lapping to inter-locking. I think it will help with my left wrist cupping at the top and trying to get it straight. Seems to take my right hand out of my backswing while keeping enough pressure for the impact

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Nope. Grand Rapids MI.

Switching my grip from over-lapping to inter-locking. I think it will help with my left wrist cupping at the top and trying to get it straight. Seems to take my right hand out of my backswing while keeping enough pressure for the impact
I went back to overlapping from the interlocking grip about half way through  the season last year... My slice was horrible in the beginning of the season... Started to straighten out about as much as I could ask it to after I went back to the overlapping grip.  I need to get a lesson from a swing coach...

I"m a big fan of inter-locking. Jack, Tiger...both interlocking. Can't be wrong right? Plus I think it helps you get the feeling of one big hand versus two separate ones.

@ Dirty

Offseason in Chicago started around Thanksgiving here. I need an offseason to decompress. I usually take July off in the middle as well to keep from burning out. It is a mentally exhausting game to me.

The only problem is that it takes me multiple rounds to remember all of the little intricacies in my game. I actually starting keeping a little notebook in my bag when I make a change to something just so I remember the little things quicker.

Oh you Cali Boys crack me up. Lol.
mad.gif

At least I got a little sunshine in the mail today. My BRED Buttonback

3df36d4b14531cd269100c53ce80a688b532415f.jpg

b9c16d19116d00cea9df1db887b5f90d6eda6f1a.jpg

6c526f21a61636f20eccefa9af2364433a66ed2d.jpg

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

Oh you Cali Boys crack me up. Lol.
mad.gif

At least I got a little sunshine in the mail today. My BRED Buttonback

3df36d4b14531cd269100c53ce80a688b532415f.jpg

b9c16d19116d00cea9df1db887b5f90d6eda6f1a.jpg

6c526f21a61636f20eccefa9af2364433a66ed2d.jpg
That Scotty is pure 
pimp.gif

Woke up at 11, went outside and saw this outside my door.

2011-01-13%2012.16.05.jpg

Shoutsout to @NikeGolf 
pimp.gif
. (Btw, can I get a good amount of money from this since it has the BCS patch?)

I need a new putter - badly. Ive never really looked for ones, what are the things to look for?

There's a Playing Lessons with the Pro's on Golf Channel On Demand with Chauncey Billups and David Duval.

Pretty cool watch and would be pretty helpful for someone still getting used to the game.

They had a best of for each: driving, putting, irons, chipping. It was fun to see all the different guys in a row. Monty and Freddys smooth swing with a driver to AKs short and strong swing.

Hoping to get to the range tomorrow morning with my dad. Need to hit a club. Haven't swung since late September.

Tomorrow is the day I go back to the range after having partially torn my Achilles tendon. Have no idea what to expect. Probably only bring 2 clubs. Lot of work to do
laugh.gif

I bought some new clubs about 2 months ago (Mizuno JPX800 pro's) and with my luck it started raining before I really got a chance to try them out on the course. I went to Fox Tail in Rohnert Park a couple of weeks ago, but it was ridiculously muddy, so really wasn't able to do a whole lot. The weather has been nice for the past few weeks though, and I finally played a nice course (Chardonnay) that wasn't flooded/cart path only. Overall I love the new clubs, I just need to get used to actually being able to leave a divot...and you can definitely feel mis-hits with these clubs lol.

Oh yeah, and I also bought a Bushnell 1600 range finder because my iPhone app takes too long.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Tomorrow is the day I go back to the range after having partially torn my Achilles tendon. Have no idea what to expect. Probably only bring 2 clubs. Lot of work to do
laugh.gif
Good luck, I still have 2 months before I can hit the driving range.

Hit the range a couple times this week for the first time in months. Been having dry weather here in Oregon so it is time to get out on the course for some rare good winter golf. Going out probably 2 times this week
pimp.gif

Played San Geronimo yesterday in Marin County, and it was one of the nicest courses I've played, but I almost passed out from the heat lol. The course is pretty easy for the first 6 holes, and then the back 9 kills your score. Finally got the hang out of my irons, though. I don't get quite the same distance as I did with my Burners, but I'm more consistent, they feel 100x better and they don't feel like I have to swing too hard. Thanks to the guy who recommended me the Mizunos.

A week ago Saturday I was out golfing in shorts and short sleeves (75* weather).  The very next day it dropped to 30*, and 2 days later we had 18 inches of snow on the ground..smh.. less than 6 weeks til my 1st golf tournament, and I can only swing the club inside.. I need to move to the West Coast.

Anybody got a suggestion for some irons on a budget? I'm a high handicap (mostly because of adventures off the tee) and I'm looking to upgrade irons. Probably an older top of the line set is what I'm looking at, I've been watching Hawkeye VFTs and Taylormade R7s.

Back
Top Bottom