Any Golfers on NT?

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i finally took the plunge and bought '11 VR Pro combos....

got a free custom fit at Golfsmith and ordered through Nike

4-PW set;

1/2" long

+1° upright lie angle

Nike(Lamkin) Crossline Medium grips (free, thought i'd have to pay)

DynaGoldLite 110g stiff flex steel shafts

3-4 weeks till delivery

nice man! you will definitely love those clubs. dont know what your previous irons were but the nike vr pro combos have a TINY bit more bounce in them than your typical irons. just keep that in mind if you keep thinning shots. gotta get a shade more steep.

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

Kobe why the animosity?

I said I hit Miura's and was unimpressed. I actually play the TW blades. Pro Combo's are on the way. True or false Nike is using a different forging house for the Pro Combo's vs the last offering of split/full VR's? Different than the house that made the CCi's? That makes my statement valid. It is a different forging house. Sorry I offended you.

All I said was that the feel FOR ME was closer to Mizuno. Even if I brought up feel, you cannot argue what someone feels. You got on your high horse defending Luke Donald and all things Mizuno. Then you went on to rant about quality of steel which less than 1% of GolfWRX and Niketalk would care about. I apologize. Have a great season. Happy hitting.

prostaffer, i got zero animosity towards you. i could honestly care less if you did towards me. like i said, agree to disagree. i'm just simply pointing out your syntax was wrong and you weren't giving the full story and i was just trying to clarify the picture for everybody. nothing wrong with giving the full picture.

current vr pro combos / blades are done in endo thailand.
last year's vr tw blades / vr split cavs were done in endo thailand so theyre the same.
cc forged irons were done in some chinese forging factory. so were the reissued non vr split back cavs (although the ORIGINAL non vr split backs were miura).

i actually dont like luke donald as a player. and like i said, if you actually read my first post i state that in terms of design, nike blades are better than mizuno blades. again, still not even mad about it. trust me, i gotta deal with 100+ 7th and 8th graders. if they dont even fluster me, what makes some e-person would? sorry man. you aint that special (and for the record, neither am i).

anyways, i wish you the best of luck with your season as well. i currently just played in 80 degree weather. dunno where you live, but my season hasnt stopped. so if you wanna get mad at something towards me, get mad that i live in the city of angels where the sun shines.
glasses.gif

Thanks Kobetwo, I'm definitely expecting some break-in time...

I'm a middle school PE teacher/coach and I'm spending time with the golf coach (which I hope to take over next year)

Originally Posted by DinanBMW

I want either a diamana blueboard or whiteboard (or something to reduce spin and bring my flight down), but didn't you say that the "made for _______" shafts aren't the same quality as aftermarket ones? Unfortunately I don't know any fitters other than golfsmith and golfmart in my area.

damn so i made this crazy nice post and yuku decided to just drop a deuce on me and ax my post. Yes, the made for shafts are P.O.S. shafts and you don't want to touch them. Also, the diamana blueboard is generally a shaft you don't want to use to reduce spin or flight. It can be done, but it's too much work. Here's a general list of shafts you can look into based on brand new retail for low launch / low spin....

Under $100:
Grafalloy Pro Launch Red
UST V2
Aldila NV

$100 - $150:
UST Mamiya AXIVcore Green
Oban Devotion

$150 and up (WAAAAAAAAY UP)
Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Whiteboard
Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Ahina (Whiteboard 2nd gen)
Matrix Ozik m2 series
Matrix Ozik TPHD series
Fujikura Rombax Z series
True Temper Project X
Graphite Design p9003

That being said. Two current brand new drivers on the market come with a REAL not made for PROJECT X shaft. The Nike VR Pro series drivers and the Titleist 910D series. HOWEVER, the Titleist 910D also has an ahina BUT THAT IS A MADE FOR so stay far far away from it.

If you have terrible fitters in your area then here's the best I could do for you. Go to a golfsmith and jump onto a launch monitor and grab these numbers for me....

Clubhead speed
Ball Speed
Launch Angle
Angle of Attack
Spin Rate

Also note what club brand, club head, loft and shaft are in those drivers. I can't fit you but I can put you in the generally right direction with those numbers.

ALSO, if you wanna mess around, I have a spare Aldila NV shaft in an x flex if you just simply want to try. It's your for just the cost of shipping if you want it. If you got anymore questions, feel free to PM me and I'll be more than happy to help.

Finally starting to get warm out again. Last week was snowed in, this week going to be 70s. Plan on picking up a hybrid and 2 new vokey wedges, then my bag tweaking for this season should be done.(unless I fall in love with the VR pro blades) Then I can work on practicing on my game and getting my handicap down even more.

b1e1544c66ded93d71ffd8af9a4261750404f89.gif

Weather is looking good this week, gonna try to get out there and get in as many rounds as I can possibly can. 
Anyone demo the Titleist 910? And what's the difference between the D2 and the D3?

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Anyone demo the Titleist 910? And what's the difference between the D2 and the D3?
laugh.gif
funny you said this

i just hit it the D3 today....had the redboard shaft in it...LOVED IT.
pimp.gif

Am I the only one who likes a driver with a smaller cc head. I play a 440 currently, and just upgraded but still is only a 440 cc head. I just cant seem to get comfy at address with a 460cc or really bulky clubhead.

I had used a Cobra 400cc for like 3 years... Upped it to the Cobra S9-1 Pro D last season... The bigger head did take getting used to for me but im coming around to it.

I can STRIPE the ball with my hybrid 3 though
eek.gif
eek.gif

Some days I just leave the Driver in the bag and hit the hybrid off the tee
laugh.gif

Bandon Dunes.  It will be my 4th time here, first time playing Old MacDonald.   Pacific Dunes is the greatest course on the planet.

Type of place you hop out your car before you check in and the people working the bag room and shuttle service already know your name and its walking only.

Hey guys, saw there's a big sale going on at Modells, 40%off and free shipping on orders over $50, got some good golf stuff on there if your interested. Code will be on the homepage when you get on the site. Shot 82 today with a triple on 18
mad.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

I had used a Cobra 400cc for like 3 years... Upped it to the Cobra S9-1 Pro D last season... The bigger head did take getting used to for me but im coming around to it.

eek.gif
eek.gif

laugh.gif

How do u like teh S9-1? I hit the Pro D at a demo day last season and Loved it. but waited for it to go on sale and never could find it in LH.

Originally Posted by Jwill JR

Am I the only one who likes a driver with a smaller cc head. I play a 440 currently, and just upgraded but still is only a 440 cc head. I just cant seem to get comfy at address with a 460cc or really bulky clubhead.

i stopped playing 460cc heads. i cant square them up properly. the vr tour is 420cc and thats no problem. the r11 is 440cc and it seems like i dont have much of a problem with it. but 460cc heads i usually push high right or i snaphook left.

in regards to the 910 series. i don't like them because theyre a recipe for disaster imo. there have been issues of the screw stripping because its too fragile. also the multiple piece hosel is a bad one. two pieces means more moving parts. more moving parts means easier wear down which means they have to make the pieces out of a harder metal which means theyre heavier which means theres heel bias which means hook.

Originally Posted by Jwill JR

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

eek.gif
eek.gif

laugh.gif

How do u like teh S9-1? I hit the Pro D at a demo day last season and Loved it. but waited for it to go on sale and never could find it in LH.

I like it... Got it pretty cheap on ebay and most days I can hit well with it... Wish it had the obnoxiously loud ping that my old 400SZ did.
laugh.gif
  The S9-1 sounds like you have a soda can at the end of your shaft.

^^ haha.. Yea I love the sound of the 440SZ I got. it has a cetain sound to it. When you hit it in the center of the face you know it. I saw a S9-1 Pro D used for sell, but I didnt like the shaft it had. I might just keep the 440 SZ I have as my back up driver. its worked well for 3 years now.

I'm hitting up a golf simulator and outdoor heated range tomorrow...

So excited. All this snow in upstate NY has me doubting my usual St Patty's day first round of the season.

Originally Posted by bballah3

Just began my 30 day countdown to the best piece of golf in the world
happy.gif

Bandon6.jpg

Bandon4.jpg

Dunes16.jpg
I live in the damn state and have yet to get down to playing Bandon, either never have the funds or my game just is sucking to bad and I think it would be a waste.  Definitely planning on getting down there this year though finally.

Originally Posted by bballah3

Just began my 30 day countdown to the best piece of golf in the world
happy.gif

Bandon6.jpg

Bandon4.jpg

Dunes16.jpg
pimp.gif
 Always wanted to play the Bandon courses. Is there anything else around the area or is it strictly a golf destination?

found an old beat up scotty for 45 bucks and had to pick it up...it is a classic AOP newport oilcan
recently had it refinished from a local guy
before:

after:

the refinish job cost me only 35 dollars too...so for about 80ish I got this done...pretty nice
pimp.gif

I apologize for the semi gigantic pics

Back
Top Bottom