Any Golfers on NT?

Originally Posted by hoosiers4life

Anybody got a suggestion for some irons on a budget? I'm a high handicap (mostly because of adventures off the tee) and I'm looking to upgrade irons. Probably an older top of the line set is what I'm looking at, I've been watching Hawkeye VFTs and Taylormade R7s.

just make sure you get something that fits you - i was in a similar position and went to just look around and got fitted and learned my lie angle was basically causing a ton of problems in my swing and no matter what clubs I got I wasnt going to see much improvement until that was fixed.  Huge improvement since then both in terms of distance and accuracy.  Just my experience...

Anybody try out those new Lunar shoes by Nike? I need a new shoe and I walk every week in our league. 25 weeks in the spring/summer/fall. I am also looking at getting a pair of the Nike Air Zoom Elite II. They are only 90 and they seem comfy. Any reviews?

I've been hitting @ the driving ranges again now that the weather is gettin better in CA. Haven't played a full game yet but I plan doing it soon.

new contender ready to fight against my nike vr tour.....

r11a.jpg

r11b.jpg

r11c.jpg

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Any reviews on the new Nike VR pro Blades? Also more and more pics I see of the R11, I am more and more interested in hitting it and seeing if It can make it into my bag...

Nice R11 I was checking it out at Golf Mart yesterday, but I'm going to get rid of my Nike VR tour before I get another driver. What's the difference between the TP and the regular R11 though? It looked like almost the same shaft and everything, and I wanted to know where the extra $100 came from.

Going to head out tomorrow to a few local golf shops see if i can find the Nike VR pro blades to hit. also goin to try out the R11.. And the new Adams 3wood. Usually I have to wait to demo the new stuff a few weeks/months/ thats if i even get to demo them at all..The world of a Lefty!

Originally Posted by DinanBMW

Nice R11 I was checking it out at Golf Mart yesterday, but I'm going to get rid of my Nike VR tour before I get another driver. What's the difference between the TP and the regular R11 though? It looked like almost the same shaft and everything, and I wanted to know where the extra $100 came from.

difference between the r11 and r11 tp is the quality of shaft thats in it. head is the EXACT SAME. don't even let anybody tell you different. if you have a quality clubmaker and you knwo waht shaft you need to put into the driver, save the hundred bucks.

coincidentally enough dinan, my current gaming driver is a vr tour. so i can give you an apples to apples comparison

ive hit that R11 and i am not a fan

im buying the new nike...so long titleist D2 its been a good run

Finally think I found a Driver that can kick my trusty Cobrs SZ440..(old school, I know but its been my bread and butter since I started golfing).

working on posting pics.

Oh and went to Golf Galaxy to try out the new Adams F11 fairway wood, and of course no LH clubs. Also no LH in the Nike VR blades, but I did check out the RH just to see if they appeal to my eye at address, and boy oh boy do they look sweet.. I need to try them. I love my AP2s but Im ready for more of a blade.

Originally Posted by Jwill JR

Any reviews on the new Nike VR pro Blades? Also more and more pics I see of the R11, I am more and more interested in hitting it and seeing if It can make it into my bag...
I have some VR Pro blades on order. Nike did a great job with this set. The biggest difference is the feel. They now have the heads being done by a process/company called endo forging. It is similar to Mizuno in that buttery feel now. I cannot wait for my set to show up. You can also get them stamped. I got mine stamped just on the 3,6,9 iron.

I've also hit the new machspeed black and new VR pro driver. Love the project x shaft, but the machspeed black seems to be the truth. I still love my VR Tour. Just put a miyazaki c.kua shaft in it and it will be in the bag for a long time.

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

I have some VR Pro blades on order. Nike did a great job with this set. The biggest difference is the feel. They now have the heads being done by a process/company called endo forging. It is similar to Mizuno in that buttery feel now. I cannot wait for my set to show up. You can also get them stamped. I got mine stamped just on the 3,6,9 iron.

I've also hit the new machspeed black and new VR pro driver. Love the project x shaft, but the machspeed black seems to be the truth. I still love my VR Tour. Just put a miyazaki c.kua shaft in it and it will be in the bag for a long time.

wrong. yes nike has the vr pro blades being done by endo. but NO that is not the endo you're thinking of. theyre done by endo thailand, not endo japan. BIG BIG BIG difference. basically endo just bought out a factory that handles massive amounts of oem club production and put the endo name on it. they're not quality checking on the same level as endo japan. not even comparable to mizuno in regards to quality of forging. mizuno irons are forged in japan and chromed in china. yes there is a difference. but the vr pro blades are still top quality for your off the rack blade. nike has always been pretty good about forging blades. honestly, in regards of the traditional blade design, nike probably has done the best progression towards a more forgiving blade (as if a blade was really forgiving to begin with). one could easily argue that mizunos do a better iron and i rock mizuno irons through and through, but nike definitely has held their own.

Mizuno is an oem that I have my eye on. The VR pros have definantly passed the eye test. Since I am in the market for some blades, Minuzo is definantly in the mix. I have just heard alot of great things about the VR blade. Ill be checking out a few demo days now that spring is right around the corner. I just wish more companies would send out more LH demo clubs. Callaway and Cobra seem to be the two that usually have everything, even the new stuff in LH, but it is what it is. Ill find a way to hit some of the new stuff.. Anyone hit the new Adams f11 fairway ? the cut-out on the head of the club make it uneasy on the eye at address?

Originally Posted by k0betw0

wrong. yes nike has the vr pro blades being done by endo. but NO that is not the endo you're thinking of. theyre done by endo thailand, not endo japan. BIG BIG BIG difference. basically endo just bought out a factory that handles massive amounts of oem club production and put the endo name on it. they're not quality checking on the same level as endo japan. not even comparable to mizuno in regards to quality of forging. mizuno irons are forged in japan and chromed in china. yes there is a difference. but the vr pro blades are still top quality for your off the rack blade. nike has always been pretty good about forging blades. honestly, in regards of the traditional blade design, nike probably has done the best progression towards a more forgiving blade (as if a blade was really forgiving to begin with). one could easily argue that mizunos do a better iron and i rock mizuno irons through and through, but nike definitely has held their own.
I never said it was endo forged in Japan. I'm aware of the differences sir. It is the endo I was thinking of. I know the Nike heads are coming from the Thailand plant. It still doesn't change how I feel about these. Never said they were grain flow forged like Mizuno or even Forged like Epon Irons. Like you I love Mizuno irons and I love how these new VR Pro Combo's feel like a Mizuno to me.

http://www.endo-mfg.co.jp...tents/outline/index.html

See June 2009.

difference between the r11 and r11 tp is the quality of shaft thats in it. head is the EXACT SAME. don't even let anybody tell you different. if you have a quality clubmaker and you knwo waht shaft you need to put into the driver, save the hundred bucks.

coincidentally enough dinan, my current gaming driver is a vr tour. so i can give you an apples to apples comparison

Yeah that's what I figured. I actually like the shaft on my Nike it's just that the head is not forgiving enough for me. I'm looking into another taylormade or even the Callaway razr hawk. The best bet is probably for me to get my swing analyzed and get fitted for an aftermarket shaft. I need to do some research before I go dropping that kind of money on a good combo, though.

I never said it was endo forged in Japan. I'm aware of the differences sir. It is the endo I was thinking of. I know the Nike heads are coming from the Thailand plant. It still doesn't change how I feel about these. Never said they were grain flow forged like Mizuno or even Forged like Epon Irons. Like you I love Mizuno irons and I love how these new VR Pro Combo's feel like a Mizuno to me.

See June 2009.
Fair enough. But since you know what you're talking about. You probably know disclosing that they're forged by Endo Thailand isn't really saying much and that by stating where they were done by Endo you kind of imply that they are top quality which they arent. Not to mention, Endo Thailand does not use nearly as virgin steel to do their forgings with as compared to other forging houses. The lack of virgin steel and the impurities is what allows for Endo to go and outsource their work to Thailand. Even Endo Japan doesn't use that pure of a steel compared to other forging houses. Also saying Endo Thailand is similar to Mizuno in the buttery feel is kind of like saying a Volkswagen and a BMW have that German lineage. Sorry man, the feel aint the same for a discerning player.Talking about feel on a non Japanese forged iron is like saying banging a girl with a thin condom is about as good as goin raw. AKA not in the same ballpark. If you beg to differ (and I'm sure you will), well, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Yeah that's what I figured. I actually like the shaft on my Nike it's just that the head is not forgiving enough for me. I'm looking into another taylormade or even the Callaway razr hawk. The best bet is probably for me to get my swing analyzed and get fitted for an aftermarket shaft. I need to do some research before I go dropping that kind of money on a good combo, though.

Dinan, if you lived out in socal, I could easily hook you up with a fitter who makes great driver fittings and can hook you up on the price.

See June 2009.
Fair enough. But since you know what you're talking about. You probably know disclosing that they're forged by Endo Thailand isn't really saying much and that by stating where they were done by Endo you kind of imply that they are top quality which they arent. Not to mention, Endo Thailand does not use nearly as virgin steel to do their forgings with as compared to other forging houses. The lack of virgin steel and the impurities is what allows for Endo to go and outsource their work to Thailand. Even Endo Japan doesn't use that pure of a steel compared to other forging houses. Also saying Endo Thailand is similar to Mizuno in the buttery feel is kind of like saying a Volkswagen and a BMW have that German lineage. Sorry man, the feel aint the same for a discerning player.Talking about feel on a non Japanese forged iron is like saying banging a girl with a thin condom is about as good as goin raw. AKA not in the same ballpark. If you beg to differ (and I'm sure you will), well, we'll just have to agree to disagree.
Mentioning that they switch forging houses is a valid point that wasn't meant to imply anything. I figured that 90% of this board, like the rest of the golfing public, know nothing or care about endo and high end japanese forgings. All I wanted to do was point out that Nike had changed their supplier and that people who may have disliked the previous lines of irons may care to try out the new stuff. The problem is your arguing feel, which is different for every player. I've hit Miura's that go for thousands of dollars and walked away unimpressed. Just as how someone can dislike the Nike's and I will not argue with them.

See June 2009.
Mentioning that they switch forging houses is a valid point that wasn't meant to imply anything. I figured that 90% of this board, like the rest of the golfing public, know nothing or care about endo and high end japanese forgings. All I wanted to do was point out that Nike had changed their supplier and that people who may have disliked the previous lines of irons may care to try out the new stuff. The problem is your arguing feel, which is different for every player. I've hit Miura's that go for thousands of dollars and walked away unimpressed. Just as how someone can dislike the Nike's and I will not argue with them.
Actually no. You're the one that initially brought up feel. My initial post to your comments was about quality and if you read it carefully I still mention that Nike clubs are still very quality. In fact, if you actually have been in this thread for more than 2 seconds, you will see I actually play the Nike VR tour driver. Good for you for playing Miura, big whup. But fyi, Miura does not go for thousandS (plural) of dollars, they go for less than 2gs. If you're paying more, you're getting ripped off. I'm going to assume you're a member of GolfWRX so you probably have some knowledge of what you're talking about which is good. But mentioning a forging company is completely asinine as even you stated yourself that 90% of this board won't have a clue or care. Which means your statement afterwards is completely useless because stating that Nike changed their supplier, like YOU stated, 90% of this board won't have a clue or care. In fact, since you're probably the 10%, the ORIGINAL Nike blades were actually forged by Miura and the ORIGINAL Nike Pro Combos were forged in Endo JAPAN so their QUALITY was actually better. Sorry dude, but you keep shooting yourself in the foot. I was simply talking about the quality of metals and you initially brought up feel.  Like I said, agree to disagree.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i finally took the plunge and bought '11 VR Pro combos....

got a free custom fit at Golfsmith and ordered through Nike

4-PW set;

1/2" long

+1° upright lie angle

Nike(Lamkin) Crossline Medium grips (free, thought i'd have to pay)

DynaGoldLite 110g stiff flex steel shafts

3-4 weeks till delivery

wrong. yes nike has the vr pro blades being done by endo. but NO that is not the endo you're thinking of.

See June 2009.
Mentioning that they switch forging houses is a valid point that wasn't meant to imply anything. I figured that 90% of this board, like the rest of the golfing public, know nothing or care about endo and high end japanese forgings. All I wanted to do was point out that Nike had changed their supplier and that people who may have disliked the previous lines of irons may care to try out the new stuff. The problem is your arguing feel, which is different for every player. I've hit Miura's that go for thousands (fixed. happy?) of dollars and walked away unimpressed. Just as how someone can dislike the Nike's and I will not argue with them.
Actually no. You're the one that initially brought up feel. My initial post to your comments was about quality and if you read it carefully I still mention that Nike clubs are still very quality. In fact, if you actually have been in this thread for more than 2 seconds, you will see I actually play the Nike VR tour driver. Good for you for playing Miura, big whup. But fyi, Miura does not go for thousandS (plural) of dollars, they go for less than 2gs. If you're paying more, you're getting ripped off. I'm going to assume you're a member of GolfWRX so you probably have some knowledge of what you're talking about which is good. But mentioning a forging company is completely asinine as even you stated yourself that 90% of this board won't have a clue or care. Which means your statement afterwards is completely useless because stating that Nike changed their supplier, like YOU stated, 90% of this board won't have a clue or care. In fact, since you're probably the 10%, the ORIGINAL Nike blades were actually forged by Miura and the ORIGINAL Nike Pro Combos were forged in Endo JAPAN so their QUALITY was actually better. Sorry dude, but you keep shooting yourself in the foot. I was simply talking about the quality of metals and you initially brought up feel.  Like I said, agree to disagree.
Kobe why the animosity?

I said I hit Miura's and was unimpressed. I actually play the TW blades. Pro Combo's are on the way. True or false Nike is using a different forging house for the Pro Combo's vs the last offering of split/full VR's? Different than the house that made the CCi's? That makes my statement valid. It is a different forging house. Sorry I offended you.

All I said was that the feel FOR ME was closer to Mizuno. Even if I brought up feel, you cannot argue what someone feels. You got on your high horse defending Luke Donald and all things Mizuno. Then you went on to rant about quality of steel which less than 1% of GolfWRX and Niketalk would care about. I apologize. Have a great season. Happy hitting.

I want either a diamana blueboard or whiteboard (or something to reduce spin and bring my flight down), but didn't you say that the "made for _______" shafts aren't the same quality as aftermarket ones? Unfortunately I don't know any fitters other than golfsmith and golfmart in my area.

Back
Top Bottom