Anybody actually have the MW2 goggles?

did anyone get the package with night vision goggles?

just wanted to know what they are like. seems like they would be cool to have.
laugh.gif

The fact that I don't pay for games anymore really kept me from getting the goggles. They seem cooler than they actually would be to own.

have them and they actually work pretty well. they're waaaay better than i expected them to be.

For $80, they're a deal.
They actually work and look cool. Has somewhat of a weight to them from the battery pack.
It's all plastic and no moving parts, to cut cost. You can switch to low/high power and between green/infrared.
You can also adjust the focus.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

For $80, they're a deal.
They actually work and look cool. Has somewhat of a weight to them from the battery pack.
It's all plastic and no moving parts, to cut cost. You can switch to low/high power and between green/infrared.
You can also adjust the focus.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I can't believe that one.

do these googles do anything for the game play? like are you suppose to wear them while playing the game to get some sort of special effect?

Pros:

- You can adjust the focus and the the width of eye piece inside

- You can have the green glow (natural NVG) or have black and white

- You can switch to more intense mode for long range

- View up to 50 feet around you

- The stand with goggles looks very cool displayed.

- The weighted battery pack being in the back balances the goggles on your head

Cons:

- Your Depth of field is skewed because the goggles view in zoom out mode...so for instance if your trying to turn on the light switch in the dark you'llbe reaching from a distance thinking that your right next to the switch but in actuality you're about 2 feet away still.

- It takes 5 AA batteries

- Some with enormous heads have said the straps and wire leading from battery pack to goggles is too short (not a problem for me)

Overall:

It's a nice toy to have. It's been about a week now since I've had it and I've only used it about 5 times. My friends get a kick out of itthough. I either can't find a reason to use it or too old to play with toys. I could set up a midnight hide n seek to use it (I would own everyone) butdoubt that will happen. It's cool to have. I give it a 8 out of 10 as far as owning it. So it's worth a buy. I think little kids maybe 8-12 would lovethis thing.

They're fun to have, only thing is that you have NO peripherals and no depth perception. Whatever tho, I feel like a little kid when I play around withthem at night.

16165_543349806195_72405725_32201312_5630482_n.jpg

16165_543349816175_72405725_32201314_8349616_n.jpg

E D I T
Originally Posted by Mac4167

do these googles do anything for the game play? like are you suppose to wear them while playing the game to get some sort of special effect?
No. It's a toy.

I had em.....had to take em back. impounded car for the @#+!#@$ loss, they seemed hella kool and fun, but they are hollow as +%@%, they feel cheap.

Originally Posted by theDEEK

Yeah I use them when I want to play with the tv off. Works wonders.
laugh.gif
my boy actually thought that you cud use these things 2play the game...

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by 1C3M4M

indifferent.gif

you can stone face me if you want, but with technology the way it is now a days, theres nothing saying that the idea is not possible, sorry, pardon myignorance for not being as up to date about video games as others. i play with REAL NVG's

Originally Posted by Primavera Vills

They're fun to have, only thing is that you have NO peripherals and no depth perception. Whatever tho, I feel like a little kid when I play around with them at night.

16165_543349806195_72405725_32201312_5630482_n.jpg

16165_543349816175_72405725_32201314_8349616_n.jpg

E D I T

No. It's a toy.

Your shirt
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 1C3M4M

indifferent.gif

you can stone face me if you want, but with technology the way it is now a days, theres nothing saying that the idea is not possible, sorry, pardon my ignorance for not being as up to date about video games as others. i play with REAL NVG's

Agreed it was an unnecessary stone face. But it would be a nice add on game mode to develop a story mode where you can use the goggles. Although I think itwould destroy your eye site in real life. 2 forms of light shinning intensely at you.

Back
Top Bottom